Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 22:51   #1
BHPian

Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)

Hi fellow BHPians,

Sorry about the last minute intimation, but three (maybe 5) of us BHPians are meeting for breakfast at Azad Hind Dhaba Uluberia (Birshibpur, next to BPCL petrol pump) at 8:30 am IST tomorrow.

Gmaps link for venue is here: https://goo.gl/maps/zAkDXiwzT2tcE7ybA

We would be more than thrilled if other BHPians can join us. Please excuse the timing of this announcement - our plan just got finalized a few minutes ago.

For those starting from Calcutta, there will be an initial rendezvous just after crossing the 2nd Hooghly bridge toll plaza, at 7:30 am.

Hope to see some of you there, or at Azad Hind Dhaba a little later.
Neversaygbye is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 23:22   #2
BHPian

Re: Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)

Hope to meet all of you tomorrow! It has been months since I last drove on a highway
turboNath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 00:03   #3
BHPian

Hi guys, would have loved to join but for the last minute call. Enjoy and do post some snaps

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2021 at 16:04. Reason: Removing broken quote
sportymonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 00:22   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportymonk View Post
[HI guys, would have loved to join but for the last minute call. Enjoy and do post some snaps
Please see if you can make it - it's always great to meet another BHPian!
Neversaygbye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 01:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
Please see if you can make it - it's always great to meet another BHPian!
I will try and join you guys. Can someone share a point of contact. Will call up if I plan to join in. If I do, I will be bringing along two other fellow bhpians.
Redline Shooter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 02:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
I will try and join you guys. Can someone share a point of contact. Will call up if I plan to join in. If I do, I will be bringing along two other fellow bhpians.
I have messaged you my contact details. Looking forward to meeting you and the other BHPians!
Neversaygbye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 01:33   #7
BHPian

Post lockdown TBHP mini-meet at Azad Hind Dhaba (AHD) Uluberia near Calcutta

This plan came out of a casual conversation among some of us BHPians on what we should do now that the lockdown restrictions had been eased. Three of us were free the next morning which was a Sunday and decided that we should catch up for breakfast at AHD Uluberia, which serves excellent parathas and is an easy highway drive away from Cal. The last minute nature of the plan on a Saturday night meant that we would not get too many other BHPians to join in, but we put up the notice in the meet section anyway, and hoped for the best.

Finally the day of our meet dawned and despite having gone to bed at well after 2:30 am thanks to the Euro Cup football tournament, I woke up at 6 am all excited and raring to go.

After all, not only would I get to meet my fellow BHPians, but I would also get to stretch the legs of my car on a national highway after at least 3 months! This would be the first highway drive for many of us post easing of the second wave lockdown restrictions.

We were supposed to do a quick rendezvous just after crossing the second Hooghly Bridge toll plaza at 7:30 am, and then proceed together from there to our final destination - Azad Hind Dhaba, Uluberia, for breakfast.

Azad Hind Dhaba was about 38 kms from our meeting point, and apart from the Kona Expressway part, the rest of the route was through the erstwhile NH6 that goes from Calcutta to Mumbai. This is a six lane highway for the most part, and on Sunday mornings at 8 am, it is usually devoid of congestion.

Unfortunately, laggard that I am, I was the last to reach at about 7:45 am - blame it on starting slightly later than planned and also running into a queue at the toll plaza, which ensured that it took me almost 15 minutes to reach the meeting point despite reaching Esplanade just before 7:30 am.

Anyway, a pleasant surprise greeted me at the meeting point. While BHPians shourya_lahiri and turboNath had already confirmed their presence the previous night, BHPian ABHI_1512 had also made it and BHPian Boniver also confirmed that he was on his way and would reach AHD directly.

Here are a few pics of our cars at the rendezvous point on the Second Hooghly Bridge just before we started. Thanks a lot to TurboNath for editing many of the pics in this post.
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-_nkn0507resized.jpg

Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-_nkn0506resized.jpg

Starting for AHD. That is BHPian ABHI_1512 in the frame. Pic courtesy BHPian TurboNath
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-abhi_1512.jpg

Happy people - we got a table on reaching our destination without any fuss.
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-_nkn0509resized.jpg

The parathas were heavenly. All of us had a sumptuous breakfast.
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-whatsapp-image-20210704-11.38.38-am.jpeg

Yours truly relishing the company, and the food (in that order). We spent almost two hours and discussed everything from Ford cars to the Fiat 90 MJD engine that powered the Punto and also powers my car, to Hyundai's popularity, to TurboNath's earlier Safari and current XUV500.
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-whatsapp-image-20210704-12.08.03-pm.jpeg

Finally it was time to leave but before that, we wanted to take a few group photos. This one is of the Fast Five (as we called ourselves). From L-R: BHPians Neversaygbye, TurboNath, Boniver, ABHI_1512 and shourya_lahiri
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-_nkn0510.jpg

And this one is of the Fast Five with their steeds, just before leaving AHD.
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-_nkn0513resized.jpg

The rain Gods caught up with us on the way back, and added another dimension to our drive. Pic courtesy ABHI_1512
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-whatsapp-image-20210704-12.07.19-pm.jpeg

Finally, we were back where we started. This incredible pic of the second Hooghly Bridge through a rain soaked windshield taken by ABHI_1512 capped off what had been a tremendous morning.
Impromptu Calcutta / Uluberia Breakfast meet tomorrow (4th July 2021)-whatsapp-image-20210704-12.27.00-pm-abhi.jpeg

Hopefully we will have another meet soon, and more BHPians will be able to join that one!
Neversaygbye is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 10:47   #8
BHPian

Nicely documented! Hope to be a part of more such meets in future
shourya_lahiri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:02   #9
BHPian

Thanks for penning it down so well Neversaygbye ! It was amazing to meet up with all of you after such a long time. That along with the ‘ultra short highway’ drive made it extremely memorable! Looking forward to many more!
turboNath is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:26   #10
Team-BHP Support

You've made Rehaan very very angry.

No T-bhp tees at a T-bhp meet?
Eddy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 22:39   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post

This plan came out of a casual conversation among some of us BHPians on what we should do now that the lockdown restrictions had been eased. Three of us were free the next morning which was a Sunday and decided that we should catch up for breakfast at AHD Uluberia, which serves excellent parathas and is an easy highway drive away from Cal. The last minute nature of the plan on a Saturday night meant that we would not get too many other BHPians to join in, but we put up the notice in the meet section anyway, and hoped for the best.

Hopefully we will have another meet soon, and more BHPians will be able to join that one!
Lovely meeting with you all and thanks for putting this in words Neversaygbye. It was wonderful to finally put the foot to the accelerator on the open roads and the lure of lovely parathas was too strong to ignore. Talking with like minded folks is always fun but driving with them is even better

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You've made Rehaan very very angry.

No T-bhp tees at a T-bhp meet?
Rehaan has to get the restocking of tees soon, so that we don’t miss out on wearing them in the next

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 8th July 2021 at 22:48.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 08:37   #12
BHPian

Hey guys nice meet and great pics. Missed the party this time, hope to catch up in the next one.
GT007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 00:36   #13
BHPian

This was a close miss, happy to see you folks having a blast. Monsoon drive is always so enticing, pictures came out really nice. Next time will surely catch up
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks