Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 13:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

Nice coverage RJ. Just a question Pic 20 Who's who?
Old 21st May 2007, 13:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

moralfibre guess mclaren or akshay can do that better . Had a few of their friends also around whom I have never met. Will post up with names ASAP.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:00   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Ranjit (my schoolmate), Riju, Yash(my neighbour) , riju'sfriend (with white baleno), brraj, theMag, tadu, myself, Goddy (behind me), memo45, blueraven316, v1p3r, binz, motopsycho & pawan.

Report coming up real soon. Just got some time. Shall begin writing now.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 21st May 2007 at 14:13.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:04   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
...pawan & motospsyho.
The last I checked, these names had the other's face.

Riju - those are wonderful shots. Where's the one I took of you revolving ?
Btw - email me the full res pix at this: MyFirstName.MyLastName at Gmail

Last edited by theMAG : 21st May 2007 at 14:08.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:13   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The last I checked, these names had the other's face.
Hain? . Riju, send me the high resolution pics via PM if you can. Thanks.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 21st May 2007 at 14:14.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hain? . Riju, send me the high resolution pics via PM if you can. Thanks.

Nice to know you edited your post to match the names to the faces
Old 21st May 2007, 14:18   #22
Team-BHP Support

Nice fun. If only we had a good karting track in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Nice to know you edited your post to match the names to the faces
Exactly I read before that Pawan was injured but the pictures depict motopsycho with crutches .
Old 21st May 2007, 14:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey, sathya, haven't you changed your shirt since the last time i saw. you ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 21st May 2007 at 14:30.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice meet..!!
Awwsssum pics Riju. specially the Truck n Baleno coming straight at u....
Old 21st May 2007, 15:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pictures..
Particular Swift,Safari and baleno pics..
Old 21st May 2007, 18:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ahem, art direction for the action shots: yours truly!
Old 21st May 2007, 20:26   #27
BANNED

Given the enthu lot that we are and and our love for long drives, tadu, psycho, memo45, hari anna , blue boy and myself set off in the elantra and the SX4 at about 11am on saturday night. Nice drive to mulbagal CCD filled with lots of interesting conversations, and then some abuses, some really yummy chocolate fantasies, submarine and coffee's returned back home by about 6am. Only to log onto the forum and check what was the final list of conformations for the meet was. It seemed good enough, but not what I had expected. After sending out 400+ PM's I expected a really good number, atleast as much as the Nandi Hills Drive if not more.

Got off at 7:30 am, slept for an hour. By then pawan reached home. Had a quick shower and off I was to pick blueraven and his bling ICEd zen from BDA Complex near my house. Waited for an equally irritating and always late shipwreck who didn't turn up even at 9:30. Meet time was scheduled at 8:30. We annoyingly waited till 9:45 awaiting and receiving abuses from a few members who were either already reached/on their way to Grips. Picked up my friend on the way, led the zen through some really narrow shortcuts to get to Grips at the earliest. Shipwreck who seems to have a worse sense of direction than myself set about getting his bike repaired at a mech shop while we had to wait.

Received a few more calls, followed with abuses obviously. I was supposed to reach there by 9:45. Got to grips at 10:30, just to see that almost everyone had gathered and awaiting to slaughter me. A few intro's later we are all awaiting the arrival of ever late psycho and co & tadu(always on time), v1p3r(who we think was being more time oriented until he went back to old times) and binz(who proudly bunked his french classes to put his weight or rather lack of it to use on the track).

As the waiting became irritating, people began to grow restless. Sameer(zenx) had to leave as his granny passed away. My condolences sameer. May her soul rest in peace. Saw him off and memo, mag, motopsycho, myself went out and got into the karts. A practice session of sorts and more importantly to kill time waiting for the Turboe'd machines. We go for yet another round. The 6.5bhp karts felt really underpowered except for number 5 that memo was driving. That kart was flying.

Then enter tadu and co. We all gather to observe a minutes silence in memory of chip. May his soul rest in peace too. And soon we are all out and buying tickets in a spree eager to head track bound. We wait and watch tadu go around annoyingly cursing why these go-karts dont have torque or turbo's or a Pete's Tuning Box. In the meantime enters our first truck driver kicking up dust all around. A few abuses later, blue boy takes off in the truck with binoy with an intention of running over the miser vehicles on the road. While sumit and myself go out in SX4. Sumit, was mightily impressed with the torque, power of the SX4 wondering how people could call it underpowered when it was neatly pulling lugging that 1.2 tonnes plus another tonne that I weigh.

While others are still awaiting their turn to kart, a challenge or sorts is thrown in for v1p3r, memo45 and myself. We were to take on the 10bhp karts. These karts were real fun, they handled a million times better than the 6.5ers and if you make the mistake on going on throttle a little early wheels spin to glory and you go sideways (by now I can see akshay's face glowing with glee). But the drift is controlled and smooth. We were to get used to the kart 1st lap and wait until all 3 of us got into a formation before we took off. But for some weird reason memo never stopped. I waited only to see that akshay was far behind. He was sent out really late I suppose. I tried catching up with memo, and I honestly dont remember the rest. I was having too much fun and was trying to get my lines right. And before we realized our turn was over.

Next in line were tadu, binz, satya to try the 10bhp karts. And I must say satya was having a ball. Flicking the steering, going extra hard into corners. It was fun watching him. And tadu, for once drove consistently unlike the mad mallu driver we often refer him to. Then we had some official timers who were looking out keenly on which lad got around the track the quickest.

I am told that the fastest on the 6.5ers was a fat guy wearing black and blue, about 5.5inches tall. Who no longer had the weight advantage that KF king khaadu has accused me with. I am told that I did a 35.00 flat until pawan messed up the timings somewhere and came up with a whopping 33.00 for blue boy on kart number 1 which was probably the worst kart of the lot (riju will nod violently in agreement). Either ways lets give it up to blue boy for the wonderful achievement. Errmmm, maybe lets not.

Then the lightest man on the track binoy challenges me to a ride in the 10bhp ones, the rules being really simple. The person who sets the fastest time is the winner. Seeing the fat person that I am I had no hope but it would be fun nevertheless. So I gave it a go. Surprisingly I clocked a 33.92 and due to some minor error akshay tells me it was a 34 flat. A second quicker than binoy or anyone else and thereby winning my bet. Thanks binoy for that free ride.

In the meantime our official photographer riju was seen in several places trying to go click-click. While I kept failing to give him a clear shot of me going sideways. Then he clicked that awesome pic of the dicor in dust. Then it was the turn on my baleno. Sumit(its about time we give the title haathi to someone else) scooted off without informing. Riju and his friend, memo45 and his friends left a short while prior to riju's departure.

We kept karting, for almost like eternity. Tadu, satya, shipwreck, ranjit were really intrigued with the amount of fun go-karts could give you. And then spent over an hour listening to satya's adventures or crashes as I must say. Still no news of Turboinsaneman psycho. Who apparently is making phus-phus sound from his sleepy self than his running esteem's BOV that he is famous for. A few minutes chatting to his wife led us to believe that he was playing(till some 9am) on his latest possession the Playstation 2 and decided that the go-karts were no match to his fully tuned cars in Toca Racer and then all tired went to bed .

Then we sped off to the ring road to have lunch. Stomachs grumbling, after having laughed our lungs out teasing gulbadan khan, all of us ate. Then it was time to clear the empty plates and KF bottles. Time to pay the bill. Blue boy takes my car out for a spin, comes out mightily impressed with the way she moved now. So was pawan, ranjit and yash. Then we all sped our way homewards. With a feeling of joy, for the fun, for those few hours we spent with likeminded people doing what we are best at. Driving!

All in all it was one hellava meet. I bet everyone enjoyed it barring our official time keeper pawan. And look forward to many more such meets. What we forgot to do is call up ishaan and hurl abuses at him. Like normally he does when there are meets going on in delhi. Tyrewaleh, you seemed to have influenced quite a few here. No wonder almost every parah of my report has the word ABUSES in it.

Sorry for the long rant. I guess I should stop writing from now on. Let the tomatoes and brickbats fly.
Old 21st May 2007, 20:55   #28
BHPian

it was a fun meet but count get to drive those carts there should have been more members then it would have been more fun wake up Bangalore and so whens the next meet.mcl cars was amazing the needle kept on climbing one amazing car.

Last edited by pawan : 21st May 2007 at 20:59.
Old 22nd May 2007, 02:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hey, sathya, haven't you changed your shirt since the last time i saw. you ?
LOL! Was it the same shirt ? he he. Even Akshay was abt to wear the same "Car Wars" shirt tht day, he just did not
Old 22nd May 2007, 03:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sumit(its about time we give the title haathi to someone else) scooted off without informing. .
Its about time too.. This was one helluva meet..but unfortunately due to previous night's hangover and a splitting headache i preferred to go home and take some much needed rest.

Best part of the meet was obviously test driving the SX4.. Who ever tels that this car is lethargic..should have his head examined..

It all started off with MCL.. He was standing next to me and i was admiring the brand new SX4.. I wanted to drive it the moment i saw it.. I asked memo for the keys..and he infact had to ask 2 other people where the key was..
MCL tells me that people are talking about the SX4 and calls the car lethargic and does not move.. He wanted to prove them all wrong.. and i am not the kind of person who gets intimidated by 102Bhp.. driven cars 10 times more powerful..So MCL tells me that you are one person who can give an Honest review..

I took up the challenge.. took the keys and sat inside the car.. the first thing that i notice is that its too small..(i have a Dicor remember) anyway i put the keys in the ignition and i am as usual waiting for the oil light to go off..then i realised that this is a petrol car..not a diesel..Turned the ignition..and the 1.6 twincam came to life.I could hardly makeout that the car has started.

Put the car into reverse and slowly backed it out of the parking lot..i was thinking to myself.. this is a lot faster than what you are driving now be very carefull..put on my seatbelt and MCL followed suit.slowly take it out of the drive way getting accoustomed to the accelerator,clutch and the overall feel of the car..

after a few seconds of slow driving we hit the main highway.. I wait for the traffic to clear out and MCL switches on the Climate control aircon.. man it cools the car fast..

started moving the vehicle and shifting the gears at 3K rpm and its pretty smooth and i am enjoying the drive when MCL tells me to floor it.. I look at him and tell him.."Bro its a new vehicle" he replied" what the **** da.. we have been doing this all day".. Hmmm fine.. downshifted to 2nd and floored it.. an amazing 130 at 6500 rpm and my hands are shivering..man this car can move.. I was like whoa..this is fast..better engine response than the Viva..(1600 twin cam again) before i knew it MCL tells me to turn around and take the car back.

I turned it around and see that the road is all empty for atleast 1Km in front of me... Hmmmmm.. Time to Unleash hell..floored it in 1st gear.. an awesome 65 at 6000 rpm..powershifted to second at 6500 rpm and the wheels scream for more grip ..jesus christ..all hell had broken loose..and MCL was powershift it to third..and i tried that but missed..probably because my leg was shivering at the fact that i was powershifting the SX4 into 3rd at 130kmph..

Alas the 1Km strech completed in a matter of seconds.time flies when you are having a good time.
i had to take the car back to its owner who will be smiling after reading all this and also cursing me for doing all that to his new car...sorry bro..i could not resist it.

Godfather

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks