Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 17:47   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Awright guys, see you all tomorrow
Old 29th June 2007, 18:59   #122

im really feeling so bad missing the ride to nagarjuna sagar dam..and also to meet the other bhpain guys i havent yet met, for which I have been waiting since i joined this group.

I hope we plan for a long ride to any of the dams in the next month, when the dam gates are opened. i have read in TOI last week that Nagarjuna sagar and srisailam dam water level has reached little below to the maximum leve of the dam capacity.and once the level is crossed the dam gates will be opened.
Old 29th June 2007, 20:12   #123
BHPian

alrighty guys. i think we are all set for now. so see you in the moring @ 8:00. please contact each other or me for directions to the meeting place.

@tariq :- buzz kaar subah pe.shawn will probably meet u there i think. come fast if you want hot hot bhaje's... for breakfast
Old 29th June 2007, 21:26   #124
BHPian

sory guys cant be in tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen babu View Post
hello guys
From the day one i was so intrested to come for the meet.but guys im very sorry to say that i may not come tommorrow for the meet ..
i dont how i forgot.. that tommorow 30th june is Poornima(full moon) unless my mom remembered me about it yesterday night.for every Poornima we perform vrath at my house in the early hours of the day, and its compulsory for me to be for the pooja.
Actually punami(full moon) comes only a single day in a month that to in the first week.but in rare where a second full moon occurs in a calendar month is called called blue moon.
Blue moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Updated list below ( Friday, June 29th) :-

Confirmed
Mobike008+ Krishna ( Viva CRDI)
Naveen k.k ( Fiat Palio 1.6)
Torque4U ( Torqued Accent)
Nosfreak + Friend (BLAZE) + 1 (Avenger)
Davis
Kkr2k2 (Indica)
Zenopio ( Zen or Scorpio)
Tacho+ Friend ( M800)
Katalyst (Lancer)
Rider60- (Viva CRDI)
Shiva- ( Fiat Palio)- Just this minute got news from Naveen K.K

Maybe/Will Confirm soon
Ravi at 64bhp
romyeo4u
Cooldude
Naveen Babu

Not Possible ( with Reason, if possible)
huntrz (Reason- going home)
furioussphinx (Reason - At Kuwait)
Harsha1989 (Reason - Going to Delhi)
Sreenivas ( too long a trip, got to be at home)

Total Confirmed: 15

Naveen Babu
Sorry guys I can not make to NS tomorrow. The trip is too long for me. After quite a few 9 to 9s and more at office, I got to be home tomorrow. I hope to see some of you in one of the mini meets or the next one if time permits. Have loads of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Ohh

Thats so depressing, Try to join us later, I dont see Tariq any where, even he is a silent killer.

You all will get to know when u guys get to meet him with his beast...
Old 29th June 2007, 22:45   #125

Guys.....you people are damn lucky to get the time for the meet!

Unexpectadely I had to leave to Delhi along with my Dad on 26th morning and am returning on July 4th, but am keeping myself satisfied by going through the threads of you people here!

I expect everyone to enjoy this trip to the maximum! With keeping in mind about safe driving, as the rains are gushing fiercely please do care about yourselves. Also please try out clicking as many pictures as possible and please do post them over here. Finally please let me know if we again are going to have any meets in between July-Sept. because, sadly I am going to miss you all by Sept. end as I am leaving to Ukraine for my Studies. So I would like to meet you all for atleast once before I leave.

Lastly do keep your Seatbelt's on and Biker's do wear your Helmet's !
Old 30th June 2007, 02:30   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha1989 View Post
Guys.....you people are damn lucky to get the time for the meet!

Unexpectadely I had to leave to Delhi along with my Dad on 26th morning and am returning on July 4th, but am keeping myself satisfied by going through the threads of you people here!

I expect everyone to enjoy this trip to the maximum! With keeping in mind about safe driving, as the rains are gushing fiercely please do care about yourselves. Also please try out clicking as many pictures as possible and please do post them over here. Finally please let me know if we again are going to have any meets in between July-Sept. because, sadly I am going to miss you all by Sept. end as I am leaving to Ukraine for my Studies. So I would like to meet you all for atleast once before I leave.

Lastly do keep your Seatbelt's on and Biker's do wear your Helmet's !
Hey harsha. i havent met you yet. We our having meets once in a month. so we shall meet least next month. Hope to see you next time.

cheers
nosfreak
Old 30th June 2007, 19:57   #127
BANNED

guys that was a nice meet.....enjoyed a lot...
Old 30th June 2007, 20:24   #128
BHPian

I completely forgot that today was the meet! Report Report Report!!!
Old 1st July 2007, 11:05   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

It was one of the best meets that ever happened. The report and pics will follow in a couple of days. Thanks to everybody who made it for the meet !!!
Old 1st July 2007, 16:56   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It was one of the best meets that ever happened. The report and pics will follow in a couple of days. Thanks to everybody who made it for the meet !!!
Too bad I missed it :( Ok, who is in charge of the pics and report this time? Raj? whoever it is, please stick to couple of days and not couple of weeks!
Old 2nd July 2007, 07:09   #131
BHPian

Hey Sagar,
You really missed it bro'

That was great drive to NS, I cant say it was sane driving, but it was very decent drive at speed touching 180's.

That was fun and thrilling too...

Very safe road...

Thats a great meet.
But many BHPians were missing......
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:38   #132
BHPian

Thanks for the splendid time guys. Was great to be able to meet some of them whom I had missed out on in the earlier meets. It was a heady concoction Lovely weather, Excellent roads, Stupendous rides, Highly interesting and amicable friends, Sweet sounds of music and a whole load of other minor anecdotes that went on to give us an exhilarating Guys day out.

Would have elaborated further but haven't taken snaps, just a couple, of my cellphone. One of which I am posting below. There are loads of other snaps taken and am sure they'd be added SOON (???)

This is the group sans me since I was taking the snap

Now the wait begins... for the report and the snaps.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:39   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

HYD TBHP Meet/Drive-Report with Pics

Well, i am going to attempt to give my brief cut of the story of Hyd's team bhp meet which after 6 months was the biggest and best turnout and also this was the first time the trip was for such a long distance. The venue choosen was Nagarjunsagar dam, its 150Kms from Hyderabad ( Destinations > Warangal), so a total roundabout trip came to 350+ Kms including the drive around there. Reason for choosing this destination was that its a lovely stretch of road and out of entire distance probably 10kms probably may have had some bad patches with just a few potholes here and there. Also, this road has sparse traffic and only people going to Nsagar or coming back from there would constitue the majority of traffic, so in short, its heaven for auto enthusiasts to let loose and get to shove that pedal to the metal, which exactly what we all did as you will read further down.

Being a lazy duff asked a friend to buzz me awake at 6am and surprisingly i was awake before he called me, so the enthu levels were on a spiral high. So at 7:45am i started off after picking the friend who came to my home and made a brief stop outside Minvera coffee shop to wait up for another Viva CRDI with Rider60 on the wheel and Kkrk2 ( who came home in morning after a nighshift at work).

So in line, 2 red viva crdi's drove to meeting point at Genpact in uppal and when we reached saw that already a few people have assembled. We saw a Scorpio and new Getz prime parked on the left side of the road. As we got out saw the superb torqued and modded accent ( petrol) and its owner ( Torque4U) waving at us and at the same time digging
into some noodles and also saw that 2 bikes where parked next to the Accent, a Kinetic Blaze and Bajaj Avenger. We just chatted for a few minutes while making calls for other guys to join and then suddenly from the far we saw a bright yellow speck coming fast towards us. Voila, that was the Palio S10 with Naveen k.k on the wheel and in about a few minutes more we also had Suren181 join us in his modded Santro. So from here, we were ready to roll, it was about 9:45AM ( though it
was planned for 9am but, you know these timing restrictions never works)

So off we went in constellation, listing cars, riders and passengers

Viva CRDI : Mobike008 + Krishna
Viva CRDI : Rider 60 + KKRK2
Fiat Palio S10: Naveen K.K
Accent GLS: Torque4U + Shaun
Santro : Suren181
Scorpio with huge Hanook Tyres: Zenopio
Getz Prime 1.3 : Tacho + Shashank
Bajaj Avenger : Shaun's younger Bro, sorry didnt catch the name dude
Kinetic Blaze: Nosfreak

First 10 kms was getting out of the city, though we were almost on suburbs and were going in a serpentine line and it was fun to see the stares from onlookers who gave that wide-eyed stare of with "what the heck is going on" written all over their face, however as soon as we came on to the open highways, everybody let loose and it was hard to beileve the speeds that we were doing that is usually done on expressways (mind you this is just a two-lane well paved road but, very very winding,
which is risky doing any speeds above 100kmph).

So it was fun to see the cars ripping off like we had a point to prove, I
lead the way for quite some time in initial kms and then I could see zenopio breathing down my neck in his mammoth scorpio and each time he tried overtaking i could feel a whooosh and finally decided better to let him go if i want to be there for next meet,hehe. And he overtook me at over 140kmph and lead the way for quite some time and then it was time for Torque4U to show what he got under his hood, and he came fast from behind and overtook us all and was in front for an extended time, exhaust of his car was absolutely divine and is modded in every possible sense ( Engine, ICE, Body). Finally a special word for the modded Santro, man it was tough keeping up with him as Suren kept up such steady high speeds, it was just unbeilevable!!!

Let me take a breathe and talk a bit about the bikes, it was amazing to see that both bikes were hardly 10-15 mins away from us at any given point of time, so i was completely astounded to even imagine what speeds they were doing to keep pace with us. Nosfreak on Blaze had to make quite a few stops to fill the tank as it was news to me that it just has a 5.5 L tank capacity and gives a maximum 25KMPL mileage and then it was giving even lesser due to high speed driving, Hey Nos, you could
have got your M800 or the Alto the petrol consumption would have been almost the same !!!!

We made some stops for some to fill the gas and quite a few to take some pics of the lovely scenery and to take a few drags from Vanilla and strawberry ciggarettes provided by our grand daddy of the group ( he will kill me for this ) of the group, Suren181 ( he had a carton in his trunk !!! ).
Speeds all us were doing was insane,craziest ever done on a not too broad two laned and winding roads ranging between 140kmph to a maximum of 180kmph ( which a few cars touched) and the craziest part was Rider60 driving at insane speeds above 150kmph or so and taking his own video of the odometer and road ahead using his cellphone ( I have asked him to post that on youtube and let us all know the link) and few of us had some brush-ups like some car, cattle or two-wheeler coming on the road suddenly which made us to some crazy road stunts of overtaking from left with car sliding of the left shoulder and tyres screeching on the dust and gravel and couple of my scariest incident was i overtake one of the tbhpian and road is curving right and i see a very small bad patch ( mebbe 100 meters or so) and some terrifying deep potholes due to heavy rains that we are receiving this season and had to take those potholes at same speed ( Above 130kmph) was quite scary.

Last stretch just before approaching Nsagar is a steep upclimb with a little bit of ghat section thrown in and these two youngsters driving the new getz prime with t/R plates and only 1500km on odo gave a pretty tough fight for me with both our rpm's going crazy redlining but viva won by a small margin and only difference was i was trying my best not to downshift to overtake the getz prime (was in 5th) and Tacho driving the Getz mentioned he was trying to overtake me on 3rd with revs going crazy and that was the maximum he could push that car and we both were doing 140kmph+ on a straight road going uphill.

We reached Nsagar at exactly 12:30pm and decided we will visit the dam and due to security reason they were not allowing us to take the bridge from where we can have a breathtaking view of the dam. So, had to take a 10km detour to go over the other side of the bridge and roads were a pleasure to drive uphill and downhill and extremly windy and we asked the police chaps to allows us on bridge for a few snaps and quick gander at the dam but, unfortunately they didnt allow us so we drove around
slowly till we found another spot from where we had a good view and stopped to take some pics. After that everybody was exchanging their cars and enjoying that windy roads on fellow bhpians cars.

1:45pm: we were hot and humid and wanted badly to get inside air-conditioned interiors so went to A.P Tourism famed Punnami establishment named "Vijay Vihar" and it had one of most fabulous views of water and dam. It was breathtaking to say the least. everybody had badly parched throats and wanted to wet it and we asked him where the bar is and when they said upstairs it was locked so we had to coax them to open it up for us and they did and then it was time for some merry making as liquor flowed,Signature, Smirnoff, RC Beer and lots of heavenly snacks including Fish Fry, Fingerchips, Omlettes, Onion Pakodas, Pepper Chicken etc and this continued until 4pm and we had to practically ask them to hold of the lunch buffet as they close at 3pm so made the poor chaps to wait up until 4pm to keep the buffet open.

So at 4pm, we are ravenously hungry and everybody was silent and digged into the nice veggie buffet lunch with some chicken curry to go with it ( it was cold) but, quite nice and seemed like home.After everyone got satiated, we all stepped out of the restaurant which had a lovely view and sat out on the steps where Suren was on fire with his quick wit and story telling about how he spent a lump of money on his old ambassador and his experiences with it, it was really funny and everybody were in splits.

At 4:45pm, we all were ready to head back to the city and exchanged ciao and au revoirs and decided that we all will go in our own pace and its up to people to stop where they want and take pics of nice scenery and some awesome sunset all the way back till home. I left the place last and after about 5km realized that my mobile phone was missing so headed back and checked in bar/resturant, not found in both place and then
it suddenly struck me it could be in any of the cars as i drove the S10 and Scorpio and took a ride in Suren's Santro and what with no network and a few guys battery being dead, it was tough to call and after riding for a couple of hours caught the gang in between and called from their phone ( i didnt even know anybody's number as it was all stored in phonebook)
Finally after a few calls to everyone, came to know i left it in Suren's car. Phew, i heaved a sigh of relief and blasted the music on my way back home as happy that my phone was back with me and maintained respectable speeds of 100kmph-120kmph.

The weather gods were very happy with all of us and it was cloudy and windy but no rains which contributed to more fun. Except for a short spell on way back home for about a 10km stretch, it was dry, cloudy, windy and perfect weather for a long drive. It was 8:30pm by the time I reached back home and it just took me a hot shower and a light dinner and hit the sack.

Finally, thanks to all guys who could make it and just have to say sorry to those who missed it, as "man, that was some meet". Now its time for some random pics taken from my Canon A70, please excuse the not so clear pics, as my camera is growing older faster than expected. Raj, do post all pics taken from your pro camera which are much better quality.

Accent on Highway
[img=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6940/vivaaccentvv5.th
.jpg]

Viva@150kmph
[img=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7107/viva150kmphaa5.
th.jpg]

Highway
[url=http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=highwayol5.jpg][img=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4618/highwayol5.th.jpg][
/url]

group Pic
From Left : Tacho, Shashank, KKRK2, Torque4U, Nosfreak, Suren181,Zenopio,Naveen k.k, Shaun, Shaun's Younger Bro, Krishna

[img=http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/3240/grouppicev7.th.jpg
]

[img=http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7060/viewfromr
esturantfg2.th.jpg]

[img=http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1959/grouppic2xo7.th.j
pg]

[img=http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/975/grouppic3qt1.th.jp
g]

[img=http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6769/vivasidepro
filetg2.th.jpg]

[img=http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1889/accentfrontcl4.
th.jpg]

Woofer in Accent ( Theatre Dynamics or something custom made in USA)
[img=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7215/accentwoofertr
0.th.jpg]

Accent on Highway
[img=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6940/vivaaccentvv5.th
.jpg]

Viva@150kmph
[img=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7107/viva150kmphaa5.
th.jpg]
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:43   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

HYD TBHP Meet/Drive-Report with Pics (Contd)

Dam

[img=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2936/nsagardamnk6.th.j
pg]

Group Pic 5

[img=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8192/grouppic5av7.th.j
pg]

View point to check out the dam, parked the cars and bikes in awry !!

[img=http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4141/carsac0.th.jpg]

Parked Cars

[url=http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cars2nm7.jpg][img=http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8122/cars2nm7.th.jpg][/url
]

Just reached the Bar to wet our parched throats

[img=http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7871/outsideres
turantnm5.th.jpg]

View 2 Outside the Restuarant

[img=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2355/view2ev6.th.jpg][/url
]

View from Restaurant

[img=http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3766/viewfromr
esturantva9.th.jpg]

Buffet Lunch

[img=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4499/buffetlunchng7.
th.jpg]

Lunch in Progress ( From Left, Kkrk2, Suren181, Rider60)

[img=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3804/lunchinprog
resspf4.th.jpg]

Lunch in Progress 2 ( From Left, Tacho, Nosfreak and Shaun's Bro)
[img=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4850/lunchinpro
gress2ad3.th.jpg]

Now some view of Water

[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8519/waterviewou8.th.j
pg]

Some more water, phew !!!

[img=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1299/waterview2nw6.th.jpg]

Last edited by normally_crazy : 2nd July 2007 at 17:23.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:46   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Mod, Can you please correct the links of photos where it does not appear, i am not too familiar with photo posting on this forum. Thanks a bunch !!!

Most Viewed