Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 23:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
.... Am I hearing it right, Suren and his fiat ?

I will be coming along Raj, better half has better things to do and my son may accompany depending on his mood, he is already unhappy about me spending lot of time on TBhp.
yes, you heard it right, his priced possession.

you have to come to watch it.

get your son along there will be lot of Vintage & classics around, I am sure he will forget all the complaints he has on you.

raj.
Old 14th August 2007, 09:59   #32
BHPian

Guys keep me in the maybe list. First thing, I have just recovered from my sickness and I missed 2 exams, so I really can't confirm but I will try my best.
Old 14th August 2007, 16:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I am in for the meet but only for an hour or so as I have a family lunch to attend. I reckon will be there by 11am and will move out by 12pm or so.
Old 14th August 2007, 22:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
..............Get your ........ girlfriends along. Let they also know each other.
Zappo i gonna tell your wife about this .....

i Aint comin with any gal or anything. Im prolly there just for the show and meet our visitor as well.
Old 14th August 2007, 22:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
aadix confirm whether you are comming along with your girl friends??

dont say that you are comming with your anna (satish anna) to make it a family ....

hehe.. me comin along with satish.. then after the meet me & he goin out with our girlfriends .. hehe
Old 14th August 2007, 23:58   #36
BHPian

Guys, where exactly are we meeting, parking lot in Lumbini ??

Last edited by sreenivass : 15th August 2007 at 00:02.
Old 15th August 2007, 20:49   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, did the meet happen? If yes, why there is no post related to it till now??

Sorry, i could not make it as something came up suddenly !
Old 15th August 2007, 23:06   #38
BHPian

It did happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys, did the meet happen? If yes, why there is no post related to it till now??

Sorry, i could not make it as something came up suddenly !
The meet did happen mobike008. I went there around 10:00 A.M, took lot of pix as I could not locate any of our friends. Finally at 11:00 AM or so I saw Raj/kkr.. and later he introduced me to BlackPearl and his wife. We took time looking at vintage beauties and chatting in between about other Thpians. Satish joined us in a short while. We went to have lime soda, just after we were joined by Suren, his B-I-L and son. Mahesh and Zappo joined us at Nimbu pani Bandi. Seems Suren got hold of a Fiat for restoration, mentioned he would be busy trying to restore it.

We chatted a little about BPs drive and his prior Palio 1.2. BP mentioned he drove for 30 odd Hrs in Baleno from Delhi to Kolkata, he has got to be some kind of super driver.

We took a look at the vintage bike's on our way back in the park. We were talking to a guy that brought an riginal American Jeep with 295/50R15 tires. They were looking wide and funny. The guy seems to have added it more for looks, does not do much off-roading. The engine installed was Bolero's, I was asking him like with this kind of tires does the engine power suffice ?

There was a Heavily modded Honda city in green color marked thousand (read too many) brands all over MoMo Italy, Yokohoma, Bert transmission, ... Raj and I were wondering if there were that many mods.. The exhaust note sounded very sporty though. I think the same guy that owned American wrangler owns this one as well. I overheard Raj inquiring if city had a turbo, probably the guy said no.

There were two huge bikes too: Hayabusa and ZXR some thing, probably Raj has more details.

The list of cars on display were: Morris, Renault, Fiat, La Salle, Packard, Citroen, Austin seven (at least four of them), Mayflower, Sunbeam Talbot, ....

Raj wanted a couple of pix in the morris (am I right Raj ??)

I took quite a few (100+) pix of them, too lazy to post now. I wanted to head back and Satish too wanted to return home. Sumitro (BlackPearl) took a couple of snaps before I took leave.
Old 16th August 2007, 00:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

sorry guys.. couldnt make it.. something came up at the last moment.. so u guys had fun??? picccs please!!!
Old 16th August 2007, 02:34   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post

There was a Heavily modded Honda city in green color marked thousand (read too many) brands all over MoMo Italy, Yokohoma, Bert transmission, ... Raj and I were wondering if there were that many mods.. The exhaust note sounded very sporty though. I think the same guy that owned American wrangler owns this one as well. I overheard Raj inquiring if city had a turbo, probably the guy said no.
here are a few pics of the honda city and a few others of a modeo belonging to the same person -

Picasa Web Albums - sumitro - TBHP Mini Mee...
Old 16th August 2007, 09:04   #41
BANNED

wow i liked that red jeep............
Old 16th August 2007, 10:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

where did you guys spot the OHC? what about the pics of the meet?

you guys didnt like BP's Baleno ka exhaust note?
Old 16th August 2007, 11:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

It was great meet. Thoroughly enjoyed looking at the vintage cars and bikes, classic jeeps etc. It was great to meet some new bhpians.

I will post my pics of the cars soon.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:57   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
where did you guys spot the OHC? what about the pics of the meet?

you guys didnt like BP's Baleno ka exhaust note?

Uh! Now thats something I have not heard as yet... although yesterday after the meet BP went to hotel as he was to go out for lunch. I left the meet after 15 minutes and headed to another place for lunch somewhere around Khairatabad circle I spotted BP in his Baleno. And I noticed that gleaming can. But with glasses rolled up and the AC on and of course the din of the hyderabadi traffic I could not hear the exhaust growl.

Of course BP was driving very carefully. In fact he was behind me when a Pulsar wala tried to overtake me from the left and at that very moment the car in front braked all of a sudden. To avoid a hit I swerved to my left (since a right would have meant hitting something on the opposite side lane) and heard a maddening screech behind me. Somehow that bugger overtaking me from the opposite side managed to stop. BP was watching it all the while I guess. No surprises he says I wonder why there are no accidents on every road and chowrasta in hyderabad! Traffic is just crazy here. Its more of a bhelpuri traffic (or biriyani if you please).
Old 17th August 2007, 13:23   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, seems like i missed a nice meet. Glad to know you guys enjoyed. Any others coming up in near future?

Most Viewed