Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which date do you prefer?
July 7th 14 70.00%
July 14th. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 13:24   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Then whats the point? I guess they don't have a liquor licence so the last thing I'd want is to find the local "with you for you always" raiding the place to make a quick buck......and spoiling our fun in the middle of the second or third peg
They do not have liqour licence and that land is also disputed. This is why the owner didn't invest any huge amount on the decoration part. But I think you guys need to talk to the owner first to get reserved seats, its always crowded
I know the owner but can't help you guys, as I am out of town these days.
Old 21st June 2007, 13:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

Apart from spoiling the fun, izzat aur aadat ka sawaal bhi to hai. Ab is umar mein "with you for you always" waalon se vaasta nahin pada aur sasuraal ki aadat bhi nahi rahi. Takleef hogi. Rahi izzat ki baat; ghar ke baahar to bahut hai...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Then whats the point? I guess they don't have a liquor licence so the last thing I'd want is to find the local "with you for you always" raiding the place to make a quick buck......and spoiling our fun in the middle of the second or third peg
Old 21st June 2007, 13:32   #153
BHPian

well Machaan is close to my workplace. I visit the place with my office pals regularly , the food is decent. The way it works is: They don't serve any liqour inside, but you can carry your own and have it in-house. I haven't heard of any problems so far. A few months ago, the owner stopped allowing people to carry their own stuff (ran into some problems with authorities). But now the good old days are back again.
Old 21st June 2007, 17:04   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Apart from spoiling the fun, izzat aur aadat ka sawaal bhi to hai. Ab is umar mein "with you for you always" waalon se vaasta nahin pada aur sasuraal ki aadat bhi nahi rahi. Takleef hogi. Rahi izzat ki baat; ghar ke baahar to bahut hai...
Hahahahhahahahahha that made by day Guru bhai!!!! Simply howlarious

Last edited by iraghava : 21st June 2007 at 17:12.
Old 21st June 2007, 19:33   #155
BHPian

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

i wish i would there so long and get a pic with my small horse also .. meet lots of people like arush sir,gunbir sir,sir faithless,rev_hard ,harsh etc...errrr there are lot of them. from 16th to 21st june i am still trying to math the usename and real name but no luck.anyways i am ready foy any IN DELHI meets.
Old 21st June 2007, 20:10   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hahahahhahahahahha that made by day Guru bhai!!!! Simply howlarious
Lol, I agree. That was insanely funny.
Old 21st June 2007, 20:21   #157
BHPian

nortorious do send me a pm if you intend to drop by.Maybe We can make some arrangements to reach the place.
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:30   #158
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow is Saturday the 23rd and nothing yet finalised. Don't spoil my weekend. My GFs are also phoning me and I've put them on hold but not for long. Jaldi batao...

Is somebody listening..???
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:51   #159
BHPian

Very much hopeful to make it to the meet this time. When are we meeting at 32nd?
Old 22nd June 2007, 14:26   #160
BHPian

I happened to stop by at 32nd milestone yesterday with my friends. We went to the tracks and found the track very short and 150 for that wasn't justifiable. So went to Apra motors showroom which is just besides 32nd milestone and test drove SX4.
Old 22nd June 2007, 14:42   #161

Machan

Well I may be new here but been to Machan many times and sure ive had a lot of good ol drinking sessions over there
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:06   #162
BANNED

Guys, Is the meet on or not ??? Also if its happening .. lets ensure a few things --

1. No LOUD ABUSES , specially if there are other people in the same area as us .

2. No FOOD FIGHTS -- for gods sake , foods for eating and not being thrown at each other . If you don't want to eat -- make a doggy bag and give it to someone who will appreciate it .

Im saying this coz I feel that such behaviour doesn't talk too highly of us ... we are a responsible lot , so keep it at that . Also abusing loudly wudn't make that person get his point across ..... wanna have a fight , have a alcohol fight -- not a food fight .

If anyone dis agrees , I'd continue staying away from such meets !!!

Cheers

PS -- IS IT ON TOMORROW OR NOT ????
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:07   #163
Senior - BHPian

Oh, oh..this is a bit serious; isn't it? I attended 2 meets; one sometime ago where we all assembled on the vasant kunj road to check the rides and then to go somewhere for drinks n dinner. Couldn't make it for the dinner since daughter took unwell and had to leave after checking the rides.

The second was at the Flames. Again didn't go to Karim's for dinner. Now at Flames I didn't experience what all Khaadu said. But I don' doubt him coz he must have experienced this.

Well, well, we seem to a be a decent lot so must forth an example with out behaviour. Wasting food is also unacceptable. Come on, cheer up guys and let's meet tomorrow and enjoy to the hilt, but within limits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Guys, Is the meet on or not ??? Also if its happening .. lets ensure a few things --

1. No LOUD ABUSES , specially if there are other people in the same area as us .

2. No FOOD FIGHTS -- for gods sake , foods for eating and not being thrown at each other . If you don't want to eat -- make a doggy bag and give it to someone who will appreciate it .

Im saying this coz I feel that such behaviour doesn't talk too highly of us ... we are a responsible lot , so keep it at that . Also abusing loudly wudn't make that person get his point across ..... wanna have a fight , have a alcohol fight -- not a food fight .

If anyone dis agrees , I'd continue staying away from such meets !!!

Cheers

PS -- IS IT ON TOMORROW OR NOT ????
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:26   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Now at Flames I didn't experience what all Khaadu said. But I don' doubt him coz he must have experienced this.

Well, well, we seem to a be a decent lot so must forth an example with out behaviour. Wasting food is also unacceptable. Come on, cheer up guys and let's meet tomorrow and enjoy to the hilt, but within limits..
Chill GD, Khaadu is probably referring to a meet in another city where the meet report spoke about food items being thrown at members & around the room

I'm game for a Gurgaon meet but I can see that not too many others are.....no sweat, if we have 5 or 6 willing & thirsty souls, I wouldn't mind a mini meet....lay it on .......Krimzon Cafe down the road from Machan (we can sit outside)....or Chinese & Thai Cafe at JMD (Happy Hours till 9.30)

Last edited by suman : 22nd June 2007 at 17:29.
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:22   #165
Senior - BHPian

khaadu is obviously pointing our very own"________" ; specially present in Mumbai meet thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks