Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Where would you guys like to meet up!
Allepey 0 0%
Munnar 1 16.67%
Some Jungle 1 16.67%
Some Beach 4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2007, 02:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

You mean you guys haven't had a meet yet?!
Old 24th June 2007, 08:21   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
OT:I take offense to this!! Trust me, Univ Of Kerala is much better compared to many a university in India. At least the quality of the education.
Well what can you say about a college, where we dont have more than 10-12 classes in a week. This is the quality of education offered, in my college. And IMHO the quality of education depends mostly on the college and not the university.

and about the university, well, whats the idea of postponing the exams 4 times! my exams are going to end almost two months late!
Old 24th June 2007, 10:37   #78
BHPian

OT :: Being in the same college as you , I would disagree with u abt that ... Maybe your dept doesn't conduct classes but mine does .

Btw zak n others : Have a rocking meet .. Got an exam tomo which sadly wasn't postponed ..
Old 24th June 2007, 22:30   #79
BANNED

Finally, We pull off a small one!

Huh! Finally!
We did manage a mini meet at Trivandrum.

Let me put the bad things from the meet first.
  • It was a very mini, small one. Very few members came in.
  • We had to change the venue do to some unavoidable reasons.
  • We had some good photographers and scenic locations, but only one camera which was running low on battery.
  • The beef in the dish we ordered was a bit too hard for our knives.
And for the good ones.
  • A very good family kinda meet. Calm, peaceful and ofcourse, sober!
  • A very splendid venue we drove to. Whole lot of unspoilt beaches, beautiful palms all around, giant waves thrashing up the rocks and creating rainbows and lot of droolable human beings around. No, it was not Kovalam.
  • Food! Nice, finger licking good and yummy! (No KFC, dubdubs!) Beautiful lekker seafood.
  • The climate was amazing. It didn't rain today for some reason but remained partially cloudy. It was not at all hot and the sea breeze was just looooovely!
  • We also popped into an Aquarium and caught some good views of marine life for the sake of my kids. My son was happy to see Nemo in real but was sad he didn't talk to him.
  • JKdas! He drove more than 90kms just for this mini meet. Man, hats off to you!
I left home with my wife, kids, IrfanMon, his wife and my cousin Ahmed. We met Xinome by 4pm and JK arrived at Chaakka by same time. We asked him to join us at the aquarium.
We reached the aquarium first and we all went in. Showed the kids (Wives also behaved like kids!) some amazing marine life while we compared fish's gills to airfilters and eels to Headers! It wasn't long before JK joined us and we had some chat and decided to move on.

We went to a beautiful beach near Chowwara and decided to settle down at a sea side table at a resort there. Man, it was a very good decision. the place was verry verry beautiful. I had been to this place before and my cousin, JK, Xinome etc.. (All natives of Trivandrum) had never seen this piece of beautiful land in their own city! It took us a while to actually gulp in all the beautiness and we roamed around the area like kids lost in disney land.

We settled down at a table which was set very close to the sea and offered some good views of the sea and the beach around. There were some PYTs swimming in the ice cold swimming pool. Who were desperately looking for some company. Unlucky, we had our families with!

We had some good seafood. Kept on discussing automobiles, gadgets and ofcorse very less of the other G due to our wives being in the same area! Then sun decided to go down and there was a live band getting ready for performance with their Veena. We all wanted to stick our bums there and enjoy it. But I had an appointment with a Doctor and had to leave. So did JK had to go back home which was about 45kms away.

We decided to call it a day. We all drove together to my Aunty's house. Did some ICE experiments in my Qualis. I also took Xinome's Alto for a CARBON DRIFT in our compound. He almost came out of his car fully shaked up. I burnt a lot of rubber in my Qualis too. That house is blessed with some good closed private roads including 2 hairpins! It was pure fun.

We decided to split after a small juice break at IrfanMon's house.

It was a beautiful evening. Enjoyed it a lot.
Thanks all for coming.
Old 24th June 2007, 22:56   #80
BHPian

Zak bhai,seems u people really had a good meet.Drifts wowoww.any videos to post?and yeah drift on a qualis??OMG tht would be dangerous hhehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
Well what can you say about a college, where we dont have more than 10-12 classes in a week. This is the quality of education offered, in my college. And IMHO the quality of education depends mostly on the college and not the university.

and about the university, well, whats the idea of postponing the exams 4 times! my exams are going to end almost two months late!
OT :
Guess my university...
Sem exams Dates published for November.3 times postponed.atlast it finshed in march middle.
Also most of our sem xams occur 2 months late than most other universities in kerala.
Even on the Last date of application for supplimentary exams,the regular results aren out....
Exams postponed for conductin the arts festival on time
& these are jus some of problems.There are lot more to say like our univ didn even had a VC for 7 months or so

& for those who couldn guess out,i belong to University Of Calicut

Really sorry for going offtopic

Last edited by hari_rama : 24th June 2007 at 22:59.
Old 24th June 2007, 23:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Huh! Finally!
... but only one camera which was running low on battery...
I have a good idea which camera it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
He almost came out of his car fully shaked up. I burnt a lot of rubber in my Qualis too. That house is blessed with some good closed private roads including 2 hairpins! It was pure fun...
Wow! That does sound like fun!!!
Old 25th June 2007, 02:06   #82
BANNED

And some pics from the day!

Ok Here comes the plum on the report!
Pictures!! But sorry. There are very few of them and they don't do any justice to the real thing. But still.....
I am putting it up here.
This is where it all started from. And it all ended up here with we going downhill and coming up in full speed and drifting till the walls! Upto the compound gate, there is a good zigzag road with 2 proper hairpins. Man! it is fun! And completely safe. Yes, I mean it won't harm anybody else than you in case you lose control. BTW, nobody else can do these crazy stunts except me and my cousins here. So, don't get crazy ideas!
Arabian sea was all furious and wild with some dramatic waves been thrwn up. It was letting all the frustrations go loose on the rocks at the shore.
Then we reach this place where all went mad with their cams. Yes, Phone cams! The only proper cam was running low on battery and was not putting out good pictures. Yes, I am the owner of that cam. Thanks Hydra! I know what you guessed.
The sea was beautiful to look at. It is very good stress reliever too. I was too deep in a problem and after this I even forgot about the stress I had before I reached here.
Palmfilled surroundings true heavenly! Seemed like we were in some different world and Trivandrum City seemed like a continent away.
And Kids! Some hate BHPians! And the picture is a very much good proof for that I guess! Ain't it?
Ain't this a good chair to bite into some prawns and have a tender coconut just cut fresh from the palm nearby?
Trivandrum has some very good beaches yet unspoilt by being overcrowded. It's just a matter of searching around.
Sea! Waves! The amazing sound! Uncrowded! Clean waters! Fresh water springs! No Hawai No Seychells! It's India! Yes, our own country guys!
It made me click again and again! Sorry, I couldn't resist posting it.
All in the comforts of this very ancient looking garden chair with Tandoor and grill behind. Guys! This is a place I want to party.
Kids carried on with adventurous playing around and ofcourse the big one was still furious at BHPians. One even tried to jump into the swimming pool.
And we disovered a new mode of transport. Please find a suitable name for this creation. I am too sleepy now!

That's all guys! Thanks for watching this thread! Hope you enjoyed the pics! I never thought I would be able to put it across using the GPRS connection. But miracles were always part of Team-BHP na!
Old 25th June 2007, 02:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

What a way to make your 2000 mark!!!

So TBHP finally met up at the place I've heard so much about. It looks beautiful!
Old 25th June 2007, 03:28   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Nice pics zak. Looks like you guys had a whale of a time. And btw, congrats on your 2000th post.
Old 25th June 2007, 09:21   #85
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That place is beautiful! I wish I was there :(
Old 25th June 2007, 16:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

zak! where are the pix (the ONE you took!)
Old 25th June 2007, 17:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Nice...so it did happen finally...

BTW, whats happenin with the main meet?!??
Old 25th June 2007, 18:09   #88
BHPian

For some strange reasons the pics are not opening in my system...Neway I surely know how my TVM will look like in PICS....But not with TBHPians..ofcourse...
Old 26th June 2007, 02:16   #89
BANNED

Yes. There'll be another one happening tomorrow. No venues decided. No time decided. But it will definitely happen only after 5.30pm and somewhere in the city limits.
Who all plans to come? Post here or PM me.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:43   #90
BHPian

I am in, if it is after 5:30, but can stay only till 7-7:30 max....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks