Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 14:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dusty (mini) Meet @ Kolkata

it all started when i found out that few of the rally guys in Cal were planning for a small practice session. they selected a spot off the Rajarhat Express Way. the weather was pretty good and cloudy but hot. received a call from Adhiraj enquiring whether i will be going there or not. i love the rally scene - atleast i try to follow the small rallies that take place in Cal. i confirmed Adhiraj that i will be there for the meet.

@BlackPearl also confirmed that he will come. it was totally unplanned. in that moment - i totally forgot to inform the other members @ Cal about the mini meet.

Adhiraj hitched a ride with me. picked him up from EM ByPass and reached in front of Nicco Park. saw the long series of rally spec esteems and yamahas. i was thrilled like always. soon BlackPearl pulled in.

the dirt track was totally dusty - yeah i know its supposed to be like that. parked our cars and bumped into some of the members of X-BHP

but i had to leave early because i had to go for another duty (GF ko meet karne ka duty)

pics:

on the way to rajarhat dirt track: (enjoyed the long convoy of cars n bikes):

my baby before getting "dirty":

BlackPearl dhire dhire hit the dirt:

waiting for the esteems to hit the dirt:

still waiting:

spotted this sweet getz (check out the alloys with nct5 rubber)

X-BHP Kolkata - few of the members:

BlackPearl busy taking pics:

Adhiraj - i was actually trying to take a pic of my ride - he accidentally popped in:

the guys in action:

more pics coming soon. BlackPearl has the action shots in his cam.
Old 11th June 2007, 14:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is that a Black RS front left wheel in the last snap ?
Old 11th June 2007, 14:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

@ shuvc - yeah a black RS with F1s. 3 of the tyres were fitted in the wrong direction. it belongs to Azgar Ali. the white esteem also belongs to him.
Old 15th June 2007, 20:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

You call that action? Ask these guys to "Sponsor" a car and then see what can be actually called action. Its such a shame that rallying is just available to a handleful of people with the money. I have seen some of these guys and their knowledge of performance driving is really worth a good laugh. One of them had the tenacity to advice me as to where to photograph their cars in action from in one of their rally stages. But its good that you have found the spot. Maybe its time to start showing them certain things on smaller basis but regularly. (@Blackpearl are you listening)

Last edited by 1100D : 15th June 2007 at 20:42.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

blackpearl logs in only from home. tbhp is still blocked at your work place in cal. but yeah rally in cal is not doing that well. there is only one INRC spec esteem in Cal (the yellow one) and almost all of the rest are tuned for tsd-s. Kaviguru Rally on july 7th had a SS but later it was cancelled because of lack of safety features in the cars AFAIK.
Old 19th June 2007, 10:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Me and my wife are going for the Kabiguru Rally. Anyone else? I asked the organisers to somehow change the name from the poetic Kabiguru Rally to something more hot and action oriented, but they are hell bent on keeping it that way. :( Now when you are participating in something as poetic as Kabiguru Rally, how can you expect any action except recite - "hay mor durbhaga desh" while driving
Old 19th June 2007, 12:24   #7
BHPian

@ Sudiptoda,

ebar 4 wheelers er jonyo registration koto korechhe go?? If u know nyone looking for any navigator or driver (only 4 wheelers) do notify me, as I am free & plan to do that. BTW, which car are you taking with you?

@ BHPians kolkata, aar keu jachho kaviguru te??
Old 19th June 2007, 14:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ Adhiraj - i dont think so. but BlackPearl may tag along. but i am not sure.

@ Sudipto da - all the best. i will be there at the Flag Off for sure. i usually dont miss that.

Rainy season (7th July), Esteems, Modded Yamahas - Kaviguru Rally will be fun (except the SS - i believe has been canceled and its a TSD).

more details can be found in "car rally in kolkata community - orkut.
Old 19th June 2007, 17:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

4-wheeler reg is rs 1500 (i think), plus all the insurance and rally license etc. i have only one car to take - my esteem. no mods except the alloy wheels.
Old 20th June 2007, 00:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

by the way the Cal Rally gang will be meeting again on 24th morning in front of Nicco Park. if you guys are interested - simply drop in front of Nicco Park at 9.00 AM on sunday (24th june)
Old 20th June 2007, 21:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Me and my wife are going for the Kabiguru Rally. Anyone else? I asked the organisers to somehow change the name from the poetic Kabiguru Rally to something more hot and action oriented, but they are hell bent on keeping it that way. :( Now when you are participating in something as poetic as Kabiguru Rally, how can you expect any action except recite - "hay mor durbhaga desh" while driving
You can always start by flat-chatting everyone and making faces at people who are doing the TSD in the true sense of winning a TSD event. But I agree, you probably will not have anyone to pedal to metal against.

But read about your travelogue, I can assure you some company when I get back.

Anyway OT but whats the condition of the Barrackpore track? Is there a working Dyno in Kolkata somewhere. My Sis's college, still does not have a dyno and they are teaching automobile engineering. Jadavpur had one but isn't working.
Old 20th June 2007, 23:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

the condition of Barackpur strip is in a pathetic condition as i have heard from the Rally guys.
Old 21st June 2007, 01:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Is there a working Dyno in Kolkata somewhere
Doubt it. Haven't heard of one in this neck of the woods.
Old 21st June 2007, 03:09   #14
BHPian

Sudipto da tumi rally koro seta to bolo ni...eto kotha holo sedin?
Old 21st June 2007, 03:09   #15
BHPian

accha when is the next meet?

Most Viewed