Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 09:36   #106
BHPian

Thanks for those who understood me. I have absolutely no intention to offend you. And I appreciate you that you did not do any harm, atleast intentionally, to the wildlife. And I also firmly believe that you did not litter those places with plastic bottles and other kinds of waste.

But I feel that we need to have a rethink about such trips in the future. I am quite ok with a "pure trekking" trip as long as we are disturbing the ecosphere.
And I will be more than happy to join Bangies in any trips to more "human infested" places . Let us leave those poor animals alone.
Old 13th June 2007, 09:45   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
And I appreciate you that you did not do any harm, atleast intentionally, to the wildlife. And I also firmly believe that you did not litter those places with plastic bottles and other kinds of waste.
Appuchan, we appreciate the kind gesture. But I promise you that we did not do any harm to wildlife or such. Infact, I myself made sure that we hadn't left ANYTHING at the Hard Rock Cafe. Paper bags, empty bottles everything were taken back to the farm.

I have personally seen trekking cams do much worse, littering all around their tents. Some even allowing hunting of birds. In comparison, I personally feel we did a fantastic job.
Old 13th June 2007, 09:55   #108
Senior - BHPian

@appuchan, I quite understand what you mean.

Please be assured we were quite careful with no littering. I saw McL and JK go around picking up the plastic cups and PET bottles before we left. They did this without anyone asking them to, and I think they should be commended for this. And I'm sure we did nothing to scare/irritate the wild life.

Last edited by hydrashok : 13th June 2007 at 10:03.
Old 13th June 2007, 10:15   #109
Senior - BHPian

SPECIAL FEATURE ON PUBLIC DEMAND

TOTALLY V1P3D OUT - C3PO ON FORCED INDUCTION !!!

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th June 2007 at 10:34.
Old 13th June 2007, 10:22   #110
BHPian

wow didint expect c3po to be all over the place!
may i ask why have we named him c3po
Old 13th June 2007, 10:23   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Even though I would not have complained about normal trekking trips to places like Silent Valley, I do not support this kind of trips to one of the last pieces of pristine evergreen forests in the country. Specifically from reading this thread I understand that you went deep inside the forest and did many activites that could break the delicate balance of life for so many animals in the the forest including many rare and nearly extinct species.

Activities like taking vehicles inside, liquor consumption, playing loud music, revving cars and polluting the air, flashing lights, scaring away wild animals etc are absolutely unpardonable in a place like that. Afaik, legally these are not even allowed in there. But then this trip looked like it was planned out that way. My initial thought that it was purely a trekking expedition.
Just so that you are aware - the farm is 38 kms from the Silent Valley National Park. 16 kms towards the Silent Valley from where we stayed is the near-5 Star resort like setting of the Agali Hill Development Project headquarters.

Your thoughts would have been more appreciated if you had joined us and seen for real - its always easy to be an armchair critic, since one does not have to get involved in the action.

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th June 2007 at 10:32.
Old 13th June 2007, 10:27   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
wow didint expect c3po to be all over the place!
may i ask why have we named him c3po
Looks familiar?

C3PO (as in Star Wars)
Old 13th June 2007, 10:28   #113
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeroid
TOTALLY V1P3D OUT - C3PO ON FORCED INDUCTION MODE !!!
Though I had made up my mind not to indulge in this topic this really did crack me up .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 13th June 2007 at 10:31.
Old 13th June 2007, 11:23   #114
BHPian

Steer, its good to know that you guys were not quite near or inside SVNP, as I was led to believe from some other posts.

Regarding armchair critic part. Since I was not part of the group, the only way for me "to criticize" was to read the posts here and come to some "seemingly far fetched" conclusions . And in any case, I dont think I would have been pardoned here if I were part of the group and then started advicing you about these same issues.

Btw, I have done quite a bit of expeditions myself, especially along Western Ghats/Nilgiris, and am quite aware of what all damages are typically done by the so-called trekking groups to such places.
Old 13th June 2007, 11:57   #115
BHPian

That pic with the water splash captured out is great!!!
V1p3r pbly would have had close to 50 lits of water poured on his head that day I guess
Old 13th June 2007, 16:30   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Looks familiar?

C3PO (as in Star Wars)
looks very very failiar. thou the finger was missed out! lolz

hey HYDRA your coming to trivandrum this 16th rite!
Old 13th June 2007, 17:28   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Looks familiar?

C3PO (as in Star Wars)
Hydra, thats good imagination..it was something similar.
Old 13th June 2007, 18:57   #118
BHPian

I missed the freshness of the forest,the fun of the team and tastes of the barbeque...Was all planned but badly need to shift the house,and was behind that....

TO all who made this a great success.....applause..
Old 13th June 2007, 21:41   #119
Senior - BHPian

Very nice. I am beautiful.

Condor: Don't blame me, Steer taught me how to drive diesels! He shouts at me if I drive too slowly, or outside the power band. Blame him, blame him! And yes, the shades are mine. As is the extra meet CD with the drive music, by Zak.

Last edited by v1p3r : 13th June 2007 at 21:42.
Old 13th June 2007, 22:17   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

v1p3r, C'mon, dont tell me Steer taught you about the time it takes to move the gear lever. That lever needs a second or two more than a regular stick, and I am not even talking of a short shift stick. And Dont tell me Steer taught you how to release the clutch. You know you are guilty of that too.

Your shades are safe. I havent had time to look for the CD, though.

Most Viewed