Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Biryani calling | Team-BHP meet & drive to Barrackpore

Nice write-up Avirup. I was wondering how will you write a TL out of it. But you have done extremely well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
In terms of the taste of the biryani, it's nothing like what you get in Shiraz, Royal Indian or Arsalan. At Dada Boudi the rice is a bit brownish, and the flavours are a bit different and will remind you of Hyderabadi Biryani minus the salan, but then again not exactly that. It's not bad at all, but definitely different from what most Calcuttans are used to. Also, the quantity was huge and the meat was extremely well cooked. Personally I liked the accompaniments a lot more than the Biryani itself. The mutton liver curry, tandoori chicken and bhattiwala chicken kababs were delicious and one can go just for them.
I have the exact same feeling about it. The Biriyani was nothing special in comparison to Arsalan - Aminia - Siraj. Quantity was huge, pricy also. Yes, the tandoori and kebabs were good. Fresh lime sode was also without soda. Summarily the Biriyani was not worth for going from Kolkata to Barrackpore.

But the meet was excellent. Happy to be a part of it.

Last edited by edunata : 22nd June 2022 at 19:14.
edunata is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks