Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 05:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit

This meet was long overdue. With my recent move to Detroit, I was planning on catching up with Ananth and out of the blue, Bhupi the Blaze PMed me and announced that he is moving to Motown. Isint it amazing how enthusiasts who are engineers gravitate towards Detroit. Perfect timing and what a perfect day it was to meet.

We decided to meet over lunch at an Indian restaurant called 'Handi' in Livonia which worked out as a pretty central location for all of us.

Myself woke up late as usual and doing this thing and that. Before you know it was time to go and I looked at the car and it was looking dirty and hand’nt had a cleanup in a while now. Hadn’t taken it to a car wash because was still new (again) to town and hadn’t located a touchless car wash close to home. What the heck, lets go. Was a short drive for me and found the place OK. The other guys rolled in a few minutes after I had settled in.

Introductions over (all seeing each other for the first time) we were quickly up to speed chatting like long lost friends. Food came in and I guess it was pretty good. As I am typing I have no recollection of what we had and how it tasted simply because we were so engrossed in our conversations which actually went on for hours. Topics ranged from our bikes to Bhupi's car issues to some recent funny threads to hybrids…jumping back and forth.

Soon we stepped out and started checking out each others rides. Ananth’s Bandit was the star of the show..gleaming in black with a new can. Bhupi was the first to ride it and came back impressed. (Note: he used to ride a Gixer 1000 which is like the 'ustad' of all superbikes). Next me….was over a year since I last rode a bike...my friends R1, so rusty big time. Problem 2 helmet didn’t want to go over my big head. So decided to ride in the parking lot. I immediately felt comfortable (unlike the R1). Did’nt go beyond 4th but that was plenty and I came back impressed. The new can has just the right note, nice and throaty without being loud and obnoxious. Anyways, that was plenty of talk from me, now time for the pics and over to the other guys.

Last edited by Mpower : 25th June 2007 at 05:28.
Old 25th June 2007, 05:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

LOL I dont remember what I ate either. I dont think I even cared enough for a second helping. So engrossed were we in talking about cars, cars, and more cars (well some bikes and trucks too).

It was nice to finally associate faces to the screen-names and I think we really hit it off well didnt we Deep & Bhupi.

This is perhaps the first meet outside the country and we are planning to make it more 'eventful' next time with a track day, or maybe Deep showing us his karting skills. Over to The Blaze now.
Old 25th June 2007, 07:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

that's awesome guys.
the rest of us in the U.S. need to get our act together and plan more meets!
Old 25th June 2007, 07:36   #4
BHPian

Oh Yes it was long overdue , and what an amazing meet it was, after all that talking I finally felt like my "pressure valve" was released ! Man we yapped away like happy kids

the question about food never came to my mind until my wife asked me how I liked the food! Infact one of the things that you guys have forgotten to mention is how pissed the waiters were coz we actually left the restaurant couple hours after closing time!! Thats how engrossed all of us were.

About all of us landing together in the same area in such a short duration after I pm'ed Ananth and Mpower-Deep (didn't know his name until I emailed on Friday haha..) its really perfect timing.

I'm finally GLAD that I moved to the Detroit metro with you guys around, so much that I can actually foresee some eventful meets ahead. See you guys soon !
Old 25th June 2007, 09:44   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A Team-BHP meet in motortown Detroit = Super-cool!
Old 25th June 2007, 12:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice work guys! Looks like you chaps had a lot of fun!
Old 25th June 2007, 12:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey its great to see that you guys had fun! i wonder why 1100D didnt make it there. make sure that you guys PM 1100D as well. he is somewhere in Texas. looking forward for more great meets there. take care guys.
Old 25th June 2007, 12:41   #8
BHPian

woooooaaahh!!!!!

Kudos to you dudes!!! What else can this forum expect?!!! ugh!!! Nope to see more 'amrikan' machines in this thread!!! Pl do that as we all can familiarise various exotics and non exotics you have there!!
Wonderfull effort and neatly done!! cheers!!
Old 25th June 2007, 14:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! That would have been one amazing feeling. Keep it up guys & keep us posted of your meets.
cheers
Old 27th June 2007, 01:11   #10
BHPian

I'm surprised / disappointed no one from the USA other that the people at the meet has responded to this! Hmm...!?
Old 27th June 2007, 02:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Would love to meet up with the rest of the team... but its vacation time & money that seem to slip by all the time..
Old 27th June 2007, 05:53   #12
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
the rest of us in the U.S. need to get our act together and plan more meets!
I agree man! I know there are plenty on the east coast NJ/NY/Philly area..lets meet man..common
Old 27th June 2007, 23:30   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
I agree man! I know there are plenty on the east coast NJ/NY/Philly area..lets meet man..common
Dude your in Philly, not that far away from Detroit...we should have an all US meet or atleast a East and West Coast meets if thats easier.
I know i'll be there for sure.
Old 28th June 2007, 03:26   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Dude your in Philly, not that far away from Detroit...we should have an all US meet or atleast a East and West Coast meets if thats easier.
I know i'll be there for sure.
plan karo! It's summer time!
RJK - you're around 2 hours away from New York and Baltimore - so thats no issue.
Detroit is around 9 hours from either. if we have a slightly longish weekend, we can meet up in Detroit, or decide on a sort-of mid-point for all.
was going to suggest Boston but that's a big 12 hour drive from Detroit - my geography sucks.
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:43   #15

West Coast?

Hello guys,

I joined this forum recently having chanced upon it while surfing the net a little while back.
Have been surfing here off-n-on.
Am based in LA, CA.
Not sure if I can make it for the East Coast meets but if
anyone on this side of the coast would like to meet-up I'm game.

cheers:
~Graph

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks