Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 18:44   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Team-BHP Meet & Food Donation Drive | Mumbai | Sunday, 14th August

Let's go out and make the long weekend special for those less privileged than us! Huge shoutout to BHPian pcpranav for taking the lead on this, and showing us the way. Some of Pranav's earlier threads - charitable drive to villages, Mokhada drive for a cause & Back to Jawhar.

The plan is simple:

- DRIVE on Sunday, 14th August. Let's do what we do best, let's do what we love the most.

- Fill our boots up with food & supplies for the poor. Here's the time to show off your boot capacity!

- Distribute the same in villages. We are going to a village close to Chinchoti this time around. Expected driving time from central Mumbai is ~1.5 hours. Short, but not too short. Long enough, but not too long.

- Have a nice brunch with petrolheads, talk cars, and then an enjoyable drive back home.

- You should be back home by early afternoon.

- Family / friends / spouses welcome.

What you can carry along to donate:

- No pressure, whatever you are comfortable with. Every little bit counts.

- Pranav suggests stuff that’s easy to transport such as:

Rice packets (e.g. 2 kg x 10 packets)
Atta – 2 kg x 10 packets
Pulses (Chana, Moong etc.) – 2 kg x 10 packets
Biscuits – Stack them on top so they don’t get crushed
Chocolates for the kids (and elderly too - who doesn't enjoy a Cadbury!)

- Ensure the packets are sealed properly for hygiene, and so as not to attract rats / insects. I'm gonna move the stuff to the car only in the wee hours of the morning, and place them in cardboard / plastic boxes.

- Anything else that you want to give from your heart.

- Budget = Could be anything. If you are comfortable with 1000 bucks worth of stuff, that's perfectly fine. 10000 bucks? That's alright too. There is no minimum or maximum here = your being there for the drive is more than enough. Even if you get just 5 kg of rice (<500 rupees), it will help a small family for 15+ days. Remember, these are people that go to sleep hungry at night and hence, every packet of food will bring a smile to someone's face.

- Please bring your own vehicle along (car or bike), instead of asking if you can ride as a passenger in someone else's car.

Come on, join in on the fun. Will be a fun drive and more importantly, it will be a heartwarming experience. Spare a Sunday morning for the underprivileged, spare a Sunday morning for a lovely drive with fellow BHPians.

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2022 at 13:55.
GTO is offline   (113) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Team-BHP Meet & Food Donation Drive | Mumbai | Sunday, 14th Aug

Meeting Points on Sunday, 14th August:

- 0700 hours @ Western Express Highway, slightly before Yes Bank House (5 minutes before domestic airport junction).

OR (depending on where you are coming from)

- Approx 0815 hours at Kinara Dhaba (Map location)

- Please come on time as we will say hi's & hello's for a max of 10 - 15 minutes at each meeting point. If you are late, catch up with the group (we will be driving easy).

Confirmations:

1. Pcpranav - Fortuner
2. GTO - 530d

Pics from pcpranav's earlier threads:
Team-BHP Meet & Food Donation Drive | Mumbai | Sunday, 14th August-8-distributing-2.jpg

Team-BHP Meet & Food Donation Drive | Mumbai | Sunday, 14th August-2-img20171125wa0018.jpg

Team-BHP Meet & Food Donation Drive | Mumbai | Sunday, 14th August-8-distributing.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 12th August 2022 at 10:38.
GTO is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 21:15   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP Meet & Food Donation Drive | Mumbai | Sunday, 14th August

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Meet Section!
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 21:55   #4
BHPian

Very nice initiative, really. Makes me wish I was in Mumbai and can participate. Have a safe drive, people, and good luck! Let the pictures flow soon.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 23:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

All the best for the drive.

On the donation front, may I, with the benefit of hindsight gained over a couple of such endeavors, request you all to consider a few points.

1. Choose a place/people that really need help. A flood ravaged village, for instance.

2. Take items that they are used to. Rice, Dal, Atta are good.

3. Carry some local language and (easy to read) English books for the kids. Add in a few notebooks too. Again, buy only the normal stuff, please avoid anything fancy.

4. Please be safe. Talk to the elders of the village. Avoid approaching unsupervised children.

I have closely followed @pcpranav's posts about his donation drives and therefore am confident that he will leave no stone unturned in making this one too a meaningful and memorable one for the participants as well as the forum. @GTO, for joining hands with him.

Last edited by GTO : 11th August 2022 at 08:37. Reason: PM'ing
dailydriver is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:00   #6
BHPian

On which day is the drive taking place? Could only find information regarding the timing.
Old 11th August 2022, 10:12   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
On which day is the drive taking place? Could only find information regarding the timing.
There in the title . Sunday, 14th August. Just added to post #2 as well.
Old 11th August 2022, 10:22   #8
BHPian

Count me in!! I'll come along with my wife. I'm already excited.

Name: Sagar and Ayushi
Car: Celerio ZXi AMT (O)
Base Location: Chakala, Andheri East
Starting Point: Yes Bank House (Will reach by 6:45 AM)

Thanks to Pranav for organising this road and donation drive.

This will be my first Team-BHP meet ever. Looking forward!

Edit: I'm a slow and steady driver and have not done many roadtrips. I hope I can keep up with others! Thanks in advance for bearing with us.

Last edited by cityslicker86 : 11th August 2022 at 10:26.
cityslicker86 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:26   #9
BHPian

Confirmations:

1. Pcpranav - Fortuner
2. GTO - 530d
3. cityslicker86- Celerio
4. revsperminute- Octavia/GLE

Count me in. Looking forward to Sunday.
revsperminute is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:57   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Awesome guys! The first Team-BHP Meet had just 3 (or 4?) of us. Today, we have meets even with 75 people. I trust the same with happen with our fun drives + food donation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslicker86 View Post
Starting Point: Yes Bank House (Will reach by 6:45 AM)
Just to clarify, on the Western Express Highway itself (not service road). Outside Yes Bank. You'll see my car.

Quote:
Edit: I'm a slow and steady driver and have not done many roadtrips. I hope I can keep up with others! Thanks in advance for bearing with us.
We'll all be slow & steady (except for some short acceleration bursts ). Let's drive nice, enjoy the scenery, conversations, our cars & the love we're spreading to the poverty-stricken village.
Old 11th August 2022, 11:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Great Initiative. Would have loved to join had I been in Mumbai.

Many villages had many problems in these times, we are seeing lot of problems in our own village regions. Its good somebody will get something.

If it is not too much and since you guys will be on the way not too far, if possible try make a visit to Pelhar Dam ahead up North. It must be overflowing now and should be a grand place to visit. Pls note, it is a potable water reservoir for the Mira-Bhaindar region but open to visitors.

However, not sure how many will be able to make it as the road is bit trecherous after intial narrow tarred entry, stony, craters, muddy and rough road through the Cattle Milk Stables. You can always catch snacks at Pritam on return.
parsh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:27   #12
BHPian

Confirmations:

1. Pcpranav - Fortuner
2. GTO - 530d
3. cityslicker86- Celerio
4. revsperminute- Octavia/GLE
5. Arsenic - Innova Crysta

I’ll be there by 7
Arsenic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:52   #13
BHPian

Don't intend to hijack the thread & initiative, also I am not sure how far/close is this village from Pune. If such a village could be chosen which is kind of mid way between Mumbai/Pune. I am sure it will help the overall count.

I am from Pune & would have loved to join however don't have the bandwidth to take a longish drive this weekend but could have joined if it were to be some where between Mumbai & Pune.

I would be more than glad if there is any way I can contribute financially and some one can buy the stuff on my behalf. Instead of donating to an unknown NGO, I would prefer this tribe. I know I can blindly trust this team.
Engine_Roars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Don't intend to hijack the thread & initiative, also I am not sure how far/close is this village from Pune. If such a village could be chosen which is kind of mid way between Mumbai/Pune. I am sure it will help the overall count.

I am from Pune & would have loved to join however don't have the bandwidth to take a longish drive this weekend but could have joined if it were to be some where between Mumbai & Pune.
+1, was about to say that. Perhaps, next time please try to choose a village in between Pune and Mumbai.

This village is at North side of Mumbai as per google maps. Initiative looks great and all the best for some good times on the road.

Hope rain doesn't play spoilsport for you.
rd18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:16   #15
BHPian

Wish the initiative a grand success!

Please try to pick a place in between Pune and Mumbai next time. It would allow us Puneites to join in the good cause too and meet fellow Mumbai BHPians.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks