Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 07:32   #181
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Pics !! Hats of Rudra Sir again...

You guys really had nice fun....as zappo said, "Send the Ghol fast"

Abhi
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:07   #182
Senior - BHPian

it was a great meet as usual. as for me, it included:
1. great people
2. the CRV surprize - trying to push me off the Chingrighata Flyover - or was it drafting behind me?
3. lovely drive
4. an awsome photographer with an awsome camera
5. good food.
6. Road Rage
7. Raging ETC
8. Harry da Puttar's adventure (watched Harry Potter)

i reached a bit late as usual - thanks to ETC again. the drive to Nicco Park was quite good. while i was approaching Nicco Park, i saw a new Black CRV in the RVM and i thought of letting him pass, but to my surprise he was right on my tail - i knew something was fishy about the CRV - at one point it pulled away and i saw two smiling faces in the car @ adhiraj and razor. the CRV was indeed a surprize.

i met the members who were there already. Rudra da is a hard-core bong - he still has his roots stuck here in Calcutta.

the members who made it to the meet:
adhiraj, BlackPearl, wimwian, shuvc, shuvd, planet_rocker with ETC, tathagata with wifey, asitkde, abirnaha, rajarshi (BP's friend), neil law, babhishek, razor4077 and Rudra da.

the cars:
my Padmini, tathagata & asitkde's Wagon Rs, shuvc & BP's Balenos, babhishek & wimwian's Swifts, neil law's Scorpio 4x4??, razor4077's CRV, Rajarshi's Esteem.

soon after we met, we went straight an empty stretch near Delhi Public School (this is usually the place where the Kolkata Rally Gang gather). the photoshoot was awsome.

wimwian & babhishek's Swifts:

Rajarshi's Esteem (Rajarshi is not a team BHP member yet)

the Baleno Bros (shuvc & BlackPearl)

razor's CRV & neil law's Scorpio

my 1st Love (ETC knows about this)

did i tell you about the fun the Balenos had? it all started with shuvc trying out BP's Baleno - the loud exhaust note was awsome (damn! i miss something) and soon shuvc, shuvd, wimwian, BP, adhiraj tried out the two Balenos - what were you guys upto? shuvc's Baleno's F1s - will soon be used as couches?? at his place - well Yokos are coming to Kolkata naa...
i will let the pics do the talking:

BlackPearl's Run (Video)

Chicken Bharta & Mutton something (veggies please ignore the pics)

Khana-Pina:

after we finished our lunch we headed home. on my way back:

Road Rage:

i overtook a dhikchakboomboomdhikchak wala new red santro (with 4 guys inside) and i guess thats what tempted them to pull my leg. i led them pass. they overtook me and after sometime led me pass and again overtook me almost brushing my car's RHS. i slowed down but they were continuously nagging - at one point there was a bus in the middle lane (EM ByPass) and i was behind the bus - the santro was on the right lane way behind me. so i thought of overtaking the bus - but as soon as i tried to shift to the right lane this santro speeds up and brushed in car's RHS rear wheel arch. i felt the mild bump - but she was absolutely steady. the santro on the other hand almost lost control and slowed down. soon it pulled away from me and later showed up out of nowhere and started shouting and apparently said something to me. before i could do anything it took a turn and speed away.

Raging ETC
ETC was really mad at this - she insisted that we should give a written complaint with the local Police Station. so we went to the local PS and she did the talking as to what happened. the ASI came out with me - inspected the damage (oh i forgot paint peeled off the wheel arch and has a small dent). the ASI took down the number of the Santro and my car, took down my address and my name. they filed a complaint on the grounds of rash driving and something MCL??

what could be the reason for this - either they thought that a 19yr old fiat cannot overtake a new santro or else they tried to showoff their driving skills to ETC. IMO it was both.

Harry da Puttar (Harry Potter) was really good - a must watch for all of you guys!
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:09   #183
BHPian

The Report

Here comes the 'Ghol'

-----------------------

Sunday morning 11'o'clock found me with a duster in hand, hard at work cleaning the car. After some 10 mins of effort the car looked decent enough, so it was time to pick up shuvd. The poor soul had developed terrible leg pain (uric acid problem) and both his cars were unavailable. Though,as I found out 10 mins later, the leg pain wasn't going to stop him from driving...

Everything went off fine till we stopped just after the 'Char Nombor Pool' at Park Circus to get Ciggies and I handed over the keys to shuvd - lo behold, the car which hadn't crossed 2500RPM in a month and a half was suddenly experiencing the highs of 4500; the speedo which hadn't reached beyond 90 was quickly into uncharted terrotories!! Some two minutes into the ride I gave up on the fate of my baby, lighted a fag and tried to relax... but with shuvd at the wheel, it's like a roller coaster ride - you enjoy it immensely but also end up involuntarily tensing up all your muscles till the legs start to hurt!! Thankfully, the meeting point was just 5 mins away (actually 10 mins with me at the wheel) and we reached the place without losing a wheel or blowing the engine (or any of the 100 other possibilities that were clouding my brain into paralysis).

Met up Rudra Da, Shuvc, Tathagata & his Wife, Asit da and Abir da near Nicco Park. Called up Razor, Adhiraj picked up and confirmed they were 5 mins away. All of us were expecting his black Santro but surprise surprise - Razor had pulled off a fast one on all of us. Black it was, but not the puny Santro - he turned up in a Biiiiiig and Sexy CRV. Others quicly joined us (Sumitro with his Blackpearl, Planet Rocker & 'ETC' - zipping the Padmini after being tailgated by the CRV, babhishek in his 'Hertz-ed' Swift, Neil Law in his Black Scorpio and Rajarshi in his FFE-ed Esteem). All of us checked out the CRV thoroughly, like anything that sexy should be - though the bonnet release did take some searching

Next it was time for a Photoshoot and we made our way to the secluded New Town area in front of the new DPS. It didn't take long for Rudra Da to get into his elements!His photo equipment is to die for - my D50 looked like a child's toy (which it is!!) compared to his Big Gun - A Canon EOS1 with a 70-200 L series lens.

Photoshoot over and junta's enagaged in general chit-chat when out of nowhere Shuvc's baleno shoot's out from its parking spot with much tyre smoke and zips past us - who else but sumitro at the wheel!! Next 15 mins Sumitro, Shuvd and Razor take turns in Shuvc's baleno and the Blackpearl - a mini drag strip has been identified!! Of course being India, a problem surfaces in the form of a cow on the drag strip. After some quiet words from Asit da and not so quiet ones from Shuvc, the cow is finally sent 'off road' and the drag starts in earnet with Adhiraj hard at work from the navigator's seat timing 0-100 sprints. Adhiraj, please provide the timings. Oh, I also got to drive the CRV and was surprised by the zippy engine and ease of handling, awesome vehicle it really is!!

About 1:30PM, hunger pangs started afflicting the members and we set-off for the Sher-e-Punjab Dhaba on Jessore Road. Tandoori Chicken, Shammi Kababs and Fish Tandoori were washed down with Beer, Lassi and Sweet Lime followed by a sumptuous meal of Handi Mutton, Chicken Bharta, Dal Tadka and Roti. Must say, the food was awesome and promptly disappeared from the plates (guess all of us were quite hungry, it was past 3 when the food arrived).

After another small gathering outside where the smokers indulged themselves, the meet broke up with Shuvd again riding shotgun with me. Though I had threatened Shuvd with dire consequences if he took the car beyond 4000 RPM in the morning, I found myself pushing it upto 5000RPM on the way back. I'm sure it was all because of the 'Chemical Brothers' booming in the car... have to remind myself not to play that on my way to office!!

All in all, a great day spent doing what all of us love the most... now the wait begins for the next one.

Cheers
Wim

Last edited by Wimwian : 23rd July 2007 at 12:11.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:24   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Road Rage:

i overtook a dhikchakboomboomdhikchak wala new red santro (with 4 guys inside) and i guess thats what tempted them to pull my leg. i led them pass. they overtook me and after sometime led me pass and again overtook me almost brushing my car's RHS. i slowed down but they were continuously nagging - at one point there was a bus in the middle lane (EM ByPass) and i was behind the bus - the santro was on the right lane way behind me. so i thought of overtaking the bus - but as soon as i tried to shift to the right lane this santro speeds up and brushed in car's RHS rear wheel arch. i felt the mild bump - but she was absolutely steady. the santro on the other hand almost lost control and slowed down. soon it pulled away from me and later showed up out of nowhere and started shouting and apparently said something to me. before i could do anything it took a turn and speed away.
Oh that's why! We were wondering why you looked so hassled when we overtook you near Park Circus. I saw the same Santro somewhere, can't remember whether it was in Rajarhat or on Gariahat Road. Remember thinking to myself that these guys are not upto any good, better stay a little away.

Good thing IMO you filed a complaint. These idiots should have someone drive some sense into their heads!! Dunno how much effect that complaints gonna have though...
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:50   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Oh that's why! We were wondering why you looked so hassled when we overtook you near Park Circus. I saw the same Santro somewhere, can't remember whether it was in Rajarhat or on Gariahat Road. Remember thinking to myself that these guys are not upto any good, better stay a little away.

Good thing IMO you filed a complaint. These idiots should have someone drive some sense into their heads!! Dunno how much effect that complaints gonna have though...
exactly, if i were alone in the car - i would have continued the road rage - sorry guys - i get really mad if someone does something to my car. i wont say what i have done previously - thanks to you guys that i changed this a lot. and with ETC beside me - i didnt even get a chance punga with Santro. ETC actually insisted on filing a complaint. atleast we did something against the stupid guys. one broken tail light in my car would cost 120 bucks but i dont know how much it will cost in the newer cars.

but i am glad that i enjoyed the meet very much.

@ rudra da, wimwian, BP - thanks for the great pics.

how about planning for a Mini Meet now?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd July 2007 at 12:53.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:58   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
how about planning for a Mini Meet now?
I'm ok with this.
I'm giving a CD (though not many there) to Sumitra. In case you guys want to take some large prints, take it from there.
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:13   #187
Senior - BHPian

Mini meet? I'm in. But, it should involve copious amount of whiskies
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:27   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
did i tell you about the fun the Balenos had? it all started with shuvc trying out BP's Baleno - the loud exhaust note was awsome (damn! i miss something) and soon shuvc, shuvd, wimwian, BP, adhiraj tried out the two Balenos - what were you guys upto? shuvc's Baleno's F1s - will soon be used as couches?? at his place - well Yokos are coming to Kolkata naa...
You missed mentioning @shuvd & @BP's handbrake turns. I am grateful for not being in the cars during those stunts !! We should carry handycams next time - these little impromptu moments are worth recording.

What were we up to ? Well it all started with a simple curiosity - wanted to check out the effect of @BP's mods. And yes, not too worried about the effect of the wheelspins etc on the F1s. After all they are supposed to be bad tyres - noisy, become hard et al Since Yokos are here, why not change next Jan, when this set will complete 1yr/15-17K kms ??

Rudra da, @BP seemed to be driving sedately on the way back. No histrionics at all ?
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:47   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
We should carry handycams next time - these little impromptu moments are worth recording.

Rudra da, @BP seemed to be driving sedately on the way back. No histrionics at all ?
i managed to take just one video of BlackPearl's Run and yes we should carry one Handycam from the next time onwards.

@ shuvc - now come'on he said that he will not let Rudra da wear a helmet. otherwise half of the time he usually drives "very carefully"
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:49   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Well, couldn't tell him much as he wouldn't listen. Probably he figured that out all by himself and offered me a road side tea.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:07   #191
BHPian

Kolkata Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I'm ok with this.
I'm giving a CD (though not many there) to Sumitra. In case you guys want to take some large prints, take it from there.
Awesome pics Rudra Da. I will surely get the CD from Sumitra.

It was a teriffic meet. Got to meet so many (like minded) people and those beautiful machines. The day went past in a ziffy. Would look forward to the next meet again.

BTW I had the privilage to pick up Rudra Da. Reached a bit late though at the pick-up location. However we were the first to hit the gathering point followed by shuv_c and Asit da. I think Rajarshi was the last person in.

We had some major fun with the spectacular show put up by the Belano Bros which included almost a 180 D turn.

Well I have placed my pics on MSN Spaces @ My Web Corner as I might not be allowed to put up the same in Team BHP site. And it has the photo of Rudra Da.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful experience we had. We look forward to the same again.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:13   #192
BHPian

Quote:
i managed to take just one video of BlackPearl's Run YouTube - BlackPearl's run and yes we should carry one Handycam from the next time onwards.
Planet I also agree that we should carry Handycam next time. At least you managed to take one video. Good one. But we missed on the handbrake turn
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:08   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Mr & Mrs Tathagata's. Why should they stand in front of other car to pose?
Wrong! Tathagata's WagonR has the color called "ocean mist" (some kind of light blue). Mine is the spotless silky silver WagonR.

Thanks Rudra, wim, planet and BP for the excellent pictures. Thanks everybody for the meet. I enjoyed very much, all the aspects of it.

Razor, after looking at the pictures this morning, my wife recognized you as one working in the same company.

Planet & wim, nice reports. Planet, sorry to hear about the hassle on the way back. I am glad to know that you have done something about it. Very often we let these people go.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:48   #194
BHPian

Good to know u guys had a blast.

Accha.. are we having a mini meet today kya ?
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:48   #195
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata Gola Meet Part 2 - The "Gola" Mini Meet

we are planning for a mini meet tomorrow evening. it will be a Daaru meet for sure - shuvd has crossed his limits of staying away from daaru for quite sometime (thanks to high uric acid level and a sore toe - take care man!)

Time: late evening/night
Venue: Park Street (any watering hole)/ SPE - the park hotel / Octane / Corn & Kabab - Gariahat Mall.
Booz: please decide at the spot.

for those who were not able to make it to the Gola Meet, please feel free and make it to the "Gola Mini Meet" - if you dont booz / veggie - not a problem - Fresh Lime Soda / Paneer Tikka (my Fav) will be served (hopefully) - i am sure you will not enjoy the drive but you will enjoy the company.

as for me, i cannot confirm right now - i will do it by tomorrow.

@ toiingg - i hope you will be there man!

@ shuvd - please decide the venue and time.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 23rd July 2007 at 16:54.

Most Viewed