Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where do you want to go?
Meet half way on the GQ and hook up with the Chennai Anna's. 40 60.61%
Nandi Hills. 29 43.94%
Old Madras Road, let us meet the Chennai's Anna's here. 20 30.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 18:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice idea, nitrous.

Is Yelagiri on the Madras-Blore route ? If so, it would be like equi-distant from both cities - its like 180kms from Chennai.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th July 2007 at 18:59.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Is Yelagiri on the Madras-Blore route?
Yes it is and can be reached via GQ.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Heyguys, I had been to Nandi hills early in the morning last sunday and this is what it looked like, was thinking of suggesting an early morning meet in the clouds.

Old 5th July 2007, 19:54   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I guess Chittore will be midway on the OMR? But whats the POA after that? Can someone put up names of places midway on the GQ?
Old 5th July 2007, 20:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

mclaren, sorry i cant make it, i m driving my swift to chennai on those dates. my first real long drive. that aside sometime i think you must consider kalavarahalli betta near chickballapur. its a peak to trek. there is also savanadurga to go to.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:44   #21
BANNED

Geek, the roads to Savandurga are in a bad shape. Besides, thats the last place we ought to go. The first time I went there some mad guy jumped onto my bonnet with 3 huge stones and broke my windshield. Locals say that he has jeopardized atleast 30 more cars like this. Even the cops are not able to stop him. I had parked right opposite to the temple.

PS: Sending out PM to all the members I can. Lets see how the turnout goes.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:58   #22
BHPian

the drive half way to chennai seems nice a mega meet so the only people left are kerla guys???
Old 5th July 2007, 21:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Am game for the Chennai GQ drive. Come on guys come to think of it, so many BHP'ians meeting up mid-way. Thanks to Nitrous for coming up with such a wonderful idea.
Old 5th July 2007, 21:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

have an offsite business meeting in some resort on the ECR. will be back on sunday but not sure at what time.

will try and make it if i can.

Thnx for the PM stumpy.

P.S. delicious bangy beer wanted. 1 case would suffice.
Old 5th July 2007, 21:43   #25
BHPian

Sorry folks, I won't be able to make up for this meet. I have some personal work that weekend and my SX4 is due for delivery around the 20th. So I guess I will be able to make it to the next trip......Anyways enjoy the trip and post us some pics once the meet is done...Thanks for the PM Mclaren..
Old 5th July 2007, 21:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

I feel I can make it this time, this weekend I am taking guys for 1 day site seeing trip booked the bus already but yet to decide the place although short listed few.

The places we short listed Kootagal near ramanagarum, Janapada loka(already I visited once), Kamat hotel lunch and then BMIC highway drive and evening visit BMIC expressway park (not fully ready yet), Bannergatta ruled out since all wild life areas are closed in July.

More about Kootagal A romantic tale of two rocks - Deccan Herald I guess there is 10km bad road to reach this place.

More places short listed Hogenkenal Falls, Shivanasamudram, Chika Tirupati, Places around Kolar If any, Nandhi Hills.

Since its raining now Mekadatu is not possible its ideal to visit Mekadatu around November. But its very fun travelling 4km stretch with KSRTC Jungle bus(Last time when we visited), however we can reach upto Sangama and nearby small water falls.

If someone don't know about Sangama its river joining of Kaveri and Arkavati around 30km from Kanakapura. We need to cross Arkavati river
by small boat or by walk and catch bus to Mekedatu but I doubt this not possible and not permited during rainy season. I feel we can cover this place this November.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Am game for the Chennai GQ drive. Come on guys come to think of it, so many BHP'ians meeting up mid-way. Thanks to Nitrous for coming up with such a wonderful idea.
Very true, fantastic idea nitrous. Now if only the bangy BHPians would be up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
have an offsite business meeting in some resort on the ECR. will be back on sunday but not sure at what time.

will try and make it if i can.
aditya, no business meeting in a resort is that serious that you can't miss out on something like this. Come on man, master KF is waiting for you.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
If U guys are planning to come towards chennai, I think a few of us chennai BHPians would meet U at the destination. 110 to 120 kms from ur place towards chennai on the GQ or OMR would make it around 200+ kms for us.
I think we can do it if there's a fun place around.
First off. Have been waiting for this to see the faces and wheels behind the tag names. I'm In !!!

Secondly: Lets stick with this idea and meet half-way. Nice way to meet the chennai (Maachas) boys.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:29   #29
BANNED

Mods, could you please start a poll for the thread with the following options?

1. Meet half way on the GQ and hook up with the Chennai Anna's.
2. Nandi Hills.
3. Old Madras Road, let us meet the Chennai's Anna's here.

Point to be noted that GQ hardly has any good restaurants half way (atleast from what I noticed). So all you trip mongers kindly come up with good suggestions. I suggest we all start really early say about 5-6am on Sunday morn. So that we can get back by sunset.

PS: Just sent out slightly over 700 PM's. Let's see how the turnout will be.
Old 5th July 2007, 22:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

There must be some A1 plaza or something that has come up now. Any recent travelers can confirm this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed