Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 00:35   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
13. Some of the Bangy cars with Wheeliej admiring a Baleno (IronWolf's?).

14. Some more Bangy cars.
SupremBaleno,

I wish.. They are looking at my cracked windshield. Nothing else to look at :(
Old 18th July 2007, 00:50   #152
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Daniel, it happens. Cheer up! Last drive to Nandi Hills v1p3r's car also hurled a stone at my windshield. And yes it cracked. The crack however is slightly bigger than your's but don't let that bother you. Just enjoy your car and while you are at it get some good rubber. And you are good to go, btw how about engine mods ?
Old 18th July 2007, 00:56   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Last drive to Nandi Hills v1p3r's car also hurled a stone at my windshield. And yes it cracked.
I didn't know this!

Quote:
The crack however is slightly bigger than your's but don't let that bother you
Not at all. Daniel, you must remember, it's not the size of the crack that matters, it's how you use it.
Old 18th July 2007, 01:05   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I didn't know this!
Must have forgotten to mention it. Its there in one of the video's we captured. Anyways, it doesn't matter.
Old 18th July 2007, 01:37   #155
Senior - BHPian

@ E_L : Did not lodge a complaint.. its a waste of time and money (paying the cops) all for nothing and hassle of coming to hosur at their beck and call.

Like E_L said is a small world and we have a two way chennai connection.
a) he is my Super Senior in college
b) his uncle is my neighbor in Chennai

@ rjstyle69 - I was pushing it bro..@ 160 on those skinny tires did not feel solid. Anyway I better upgrade before our next meet our I would have my N**ts kicked in by a bunch of you guys.

@ Blueraven - good you could make it, you were the only guy I really knew before the meet. ICE which was super thumping as usual. I got a vid of it will post that soon for others to see.

@ mclaren - I know shiet happens, what can I say. I want to get a 15inch upgrade and 15 inch rubbers (now now v1p3r I know you are getting ideas) later.. for now need a stand by set of 13 inch tires, which I will be going hunting for this saturday.

About engine mods, let me get the Stage 1 ready first then when we meet I will take notes with your bonnet open.

@ Vikram_D - your car had the best exterior and header work without a doubt. Nice jobs. Nice talking to you to.

@ Tadu - Chetta please post your 210 experience and your end of the 'Peted Elantra Vs the not_so_Stock 1885 Baleno' saga.

Not sure if you saw but I did keep up with you during the initial part of the drive from Navnit. then got cut off in traffic. (read: could not keep up)

@ Psycho - what speeds did you reach.. no one tagging or trying to keep up with you?

@ AkRoy - 140 on the Alto.. you put quite a few of the others to shame. I liked the way you zipped through the village traffic on our way back.

@ ROC - you were not really pushing the Cedia were you? atleast when I was with you, I see you did push it later. 205 humm impressive. I bet you can squeeze 220 next time with some Stage 1 mods? Also we have a connection - 'RiO'. like FPS eh?

@ E_L, SB, rjstyles, Wheeler, ROC etc thanks for the snaps.. others keep em coming. Where are the videos .. they show a thousand images (corny but true)

@ v1p3r - This is one crack I could do without and which I would not want to use.

Last edited by IronWolf : 18th July 2007 at 01:41.
Old 18th July 2007, 02:24   #156
BHPian

What a meet, i must say. firstly wanted to thank every body-mcleren,v1p3r,phyco,pawan,memo,wolf,jay and whoever i met in bangy. was there for the meet all the way from delhi. had a bast in the drive on the GQ. stumpy's car doing 200+ kmph on some sections with me in the car . some great views. some great cars. some great food. only thing some not so great beer. neways my first and best t-bhp meet thanx a lot guys.
Old 18th July 2007, 03:49   #157
BHPian

Phew lot happened i see! Good job yet again Rahul. Akshay tells me it was a very well organised affair, By the way 210(indicated) is damn good for a stock(!!!) Baleno.
Old 18th July 2007, 04:05   #158
BANNED

DF, you should join some of us on one of these drives you know. How about the Leh trip? 3 trucks and some mad bhpians ought to make a deadly combo.
Old 18th July 2007, 04:52   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
@ ROC - you were not really pushing the Cedia were you? atleast when I was with you, I see you did push it later. 205 humm impressive. I bet you can squeeze 220 next time with some Stage 1 mods? Also we have a connection - 'RiO'. like FPS eh?
So are you Rio's friend who got himself a baleno recently eh . Small world. Next time round get that bum along too. I was not pushing initially but once I got onto the roads after the toll naka, I had some fun. I was roughly 1-2 secs behind mcl and tadu when they finally stopped. Not too bad for a stock car eh .
Old 18th July 2007, 06:28   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The crack however is slightly bigger than your's
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I didn't know this!

remember, it's not the size of the crack that matters, it's how you use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Next time round get that bum along too. I was not pushing initially but once I got onto the roads after the toll naka, I had some fun.
.. Sorry Guys.. I just could not resist this.

Godfather
Old 18th July 2007, 09:53   #161
BHPian

Quote:
@ Tadu - Chetta please post your 210 experience and your end of the 'Peted Elantra Vs the not_so_Stock 1885 Baleno' saga.
That one is best done by the in car video footage. The upload to Google Videos is done, they are "processing" the file.

And it was great meeting you dude. Hope to see you around for future drives/meets.
Old 18th July 2007, 09:55   #162
BANNED

You seem to be in a dirty mood eh Sumit? So when and where is your treat?

Tadu awaiting the footage. And the DVD
Old 18th July 2007, 10:11   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ E_L :
Like E_L said is a small world and we have a two way chennai connection.
a) he is my Super Senior in college
b) his uncle is my neighbor in Chennai
Ungle John went to college too??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
That one is best done by the in car video footage. The upload to Google Videos is done, they are "processing" the file.
Tadu, lets also warn them about the in-car commentary. Those who dont understand Malayalam, please learn it.

Also, upload the video to Rapidshare or somewhere so we can download it from there. Else, let me know when i can pick up the CD/copy onto pen drive from your place.
Old 18th July 2007, 10:29   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Ungle John went to college too??
Yeah, i did baby benny, much before you were born i think & more importantly much before the Johnsons commercials were shot.
Old 18th July 2007, 10:38   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Tadu, lets also warn them about the in-car commentary. Those who dont understand Malayalam, please learn it.
Better still, those of you who know Malayalam, please don't post translations on the forum.

I have removed some "encouraging" comments about other road users, but there is a good chance that a few of them might have slipped past.

Quote:
Also, upload the video to Rapidshare or somewhere so we can download it from there. Else, let me know when i can pick up the CD/copy onto pen drive from your place.
The compressed footage i sent to Google Videos is pretty large, around 2Gb. Instead, you will be able to download a better compressed version from the Google Video page itself. If that ain't clear, then we will need to write it onto a DVD and distribute.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks