Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2007, 22:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Southern Spice : Twin City Meet Report !

Since Mclaren has suggested a separate thread for the meet report I thought I would do the honours. Mods will eventually merge the existing reports given by the other T-Bhpians.

This isnt a report as such but just a rant

Overall a brilliant turnout and gathering of T-Bhpians and friends. The drive from Bangy to Yelagiri had everyone cruising and smiling. Very smooth. Good to see Nitrous again and meet some more of the Chennai brethern. Also representing the north we had DevilVtec!

Hats off to Rahul for co-ordinating the whole affair, cheers boss!

BlueRaven and WheelieJ thanks for letting me ride shotgun
Will post again later... Need sonme R&R for now.

For those who want details you need to wait for Mclaren / Akroy to post and reproduce the event from start to finish.

Last edited by s0uljah : 14th July 2007 at 22:10.
Old 14th July 2007, 22:15   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

56 out of the 62 confirmed turned out to the meet. At last count there were 21 cars from Bangalore and 6 cars from Chennai. These are just the numbers, that don't do justice to the fun we had. On and off the road. The best drive I have witnessed ever on TBHP.

I will sit back this one time and watch the fun. Go on guys!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th July 2007 at 22:18.
Old 14th July 2007, 22:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Some observation abt a Baleno's absent braking : "He applies brakes in Ramnagar, it'll stop in Nandi Hills" was observed in the Gold Coin meet in the evening.
Old 14th July 2007, 22:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Some observation abt a Baleno's absent braking : "He applies brakes in Ramnagar, it'll stop in Nandi Hills" was observed in the Gold Coin meet in the evening.
Ever heard of the sour grapes story?

Join the next drive mag. You might even feel better.
Old 14th July 2007, 22:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Tadu,

The only grapes I had was a processed form at the resort in the evening That was good enuf for today

Rahul - great job man. Heard everyone singing praises at the organizing in the resort during today evening

Last edited by theMAG : 14th July 2007 at 22:53.
Old 14th July 2007, 23:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Who's doing the reporting??? Am waiting for it. Damn, daughter and wife have been sick the whole week, so couldn't make it.

Atleast let me read the report and feel ok about the whole thing !!
Old 14th July 2007, 23:41   #7
BHPian

Awesome drive - never done such speeds in my santro, 140+ and I had 70% more throttle but decided to stay safe, after all its a santro (with some wide yokohamas) and not my imaginary lambo

the early morning drive to yelagiri was amazing, vast empty highways and then the odd tbhpian passing by at speeds of 230kmph

Also all the tbhpians were very disciplined and controlled on the drive - and it was nice to see the surprised look on peoples faces in oncoming cars/roads whenever they saw like 18-20 cars in a line.

Overall a great meet, and lotsa new friends !! Hope to catch up again on the next drive soon. For those who couldn't make it, i am sure some pics/videos are coming soon.

cheers,
j
Old 14th July 2007, 23:43   #8
BHPian

Some pictures to get us going!

Some of the cars, at the Reliance A1 plaza at Hosur.

Nitrous trying to corner hard?

The only Ice we had was unfortunately in the cars, and some of them had quite a big fan following.

This one was taken last, after a lot of the crowd had left. Still, better than not having a group shot.

The Organizers. Thanks MCL for this one, the best tbhp drive I have ever been to. And thanks Nitrous and the Chennai gang for coming over. Lets do this again!

While I dont have a lot more pictures to post, there is quite a bit of Video footage. Coming up soon. I need to get trigger happy before that comes over here.

Meanwhile, post more pictures guys...
Old 14th July 2007, 23:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Tadu, names please. And whose is that red OHC - can we have some pics of that too?
Old 14th July 2007, 23:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Tadu, names please. And whose is that red OHC - can we have some pics of that too?
Sorry dude, I will start calling people names which don't belong to them.

Really bad at it, lets wait for guys with better memories...
Old 15th July 2007, 00:14   #11
BHPian

Ok heres a short report

1) We all assembled outside bmw showroom, and then mclaren took attendance, like a school teacher

2) Started from bmw showroom at around 630-645 and drove for an hour. We then saw mclaren and other bhpians (these guys deserve bravery awards for standing in the middle in the road) trying to stop oncoming high speed bhpians for a breakfast stop at reliance bunk i.e. A1 restaurant

3) Had some idlis, dosas and wadas and then most of the people moved out of that place by 815-830. Except for a few of us guys who stayed a bit longer as ironwolfs camera was stolen by the waiters (no we didnt get it back!! we even searched the hotel kitchen in vain)

4) After reliance was some amazing open empty roads, two stops at the toll nakas to get onto GQ and then back to high speeds and spotting the occassional bhpians' car or bike. We passed krishnagiri and a few other places.

5) This was followed by some more long unending roads (i had wheeler next to me) with some good rock music (had to play real loud to as it was getting drowned by the sound of exhaust )

6) We then reached yelagiri and then the drive uphill along the ghat like turns with amazing vistas/viewpoints of the hilly area.

7) At 10ish we reached the top (the high speed peeps reached by 930 i believe). As the chennai guys were still not there (slow and safe - or maybe they started late - we'll see their side of the report), we decided to go to a nearby point where there was a few temples and some enthu bhpians event went on a trekk. Most of us however preferred to use our feet only for pressing the accel, clutch and brakes and skipped the trek

8) Got back to our yelagiri resort, caught up with the chennai bhpians who had reached by then. Note - Esteem_lover did not gimme the team-bhp stickers, despite me being the first to electronically transfer 20 rs. to his account!!

9) Drinks and snacks time, followed by lotsa talk on cars, ice, mods, indian economy, home loan rates and what nots!!

10) Hungry bhpians then, hogged on a buffet lunch.

11) It was 3pm now and we all decided to get a few group pics (hope they get posted soon)

12) Then started the long journey back. We decided to take some shortcut which skipped one of the two toll nakas (despite having paid return trip too fee at both nakas). I think the shortcut was too crowded and slow, as compared to the highway drive towards yelagiri.

13) We then hit GQ again and back to amazing roads and good controlled speeds (130 max for me and patience_wins' getz). Also note that patience_wins was running in his getz 1.3 and had vowed to not go past 90 when we started in the morning hehhe

14) We see bhpians (bravery awards walas) again on the road, waving us to stop and get in towards golden club.

15) Had some snacks and car talk and fun at golden club.

and then the end of an awesome day. Bid adieu to the bhpians who made it to the golden club (blueraven wanted to level his headlights, but the leveler was missing, so he drove with one headlight high and one low or so it seemed haha but he has awesome ice in the boot of his icon!!)

I then dropped wheeler at koramangla, had some dinner with a friend at chandni chowk and back home now, catchin up on some tv.

So thats a SHORT non-pictorial update - wait for the pics, I guess they will be up soon

Cheers,
j
Old 15th July 2007, 01:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Sorry dude, I will start calling people names which don't belong to them.

Really bad at it, lets wait for guys with better memories...
LOL man. Those were really nice snaps. We had a terrific time with the bangy boys. Am very tired now & sleeepy right now. Thanks Mclaren for getting this done. cheers
Old 15th July 2007, 02:49   #13
BHPian

fantastic , pics speaks for itself.

I really feel bad to miss this meet.
Old 15th July 2007, 07:45   #14
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Awesome drive - never done such speeds in my santro, 140+ and I had 70% more throttle but decided to stay safe, after all its a santro (with some wide yokohamas) and not my imaginary lambo
With proper tyre/wheel maintenance and especially with upgraded wheels/tyres, the Santro handles quite well at speeds like 140 kmph, as long as the road is in good shape and the winds are not too heavy. I too found that on very smooth roads, my old Santro reaches 140 kmph with plenty of throttle left. But upon pressing it full it doesn't go much more than 150 on level road.
Quote:
the early morning drive to yelagiri was amazing, vast empty highways and then the odd tbhpian passing by at speeds of 230kmph
Any videos?

Last edited by rks : 15th July 2007 at 07:47.
Old 15th July 2007, 08:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

Nice report Jassi, Rahul, your official report is pending...It was an awesome site to see all the cars climbing the ghat and in synch....I had this privelege to see it from the drivers mirror as I was made to lead the hill climb route....Thanks guys...
BTW, i saw my alto touching 140+ speeds throughout the stretch till Vaniyambadi thanks to my Michelins, now i donot have to slowdown at the corners...it just zooms....

Here are some pics taken from my camera:
Gathering at BMW showroom

Cars @ Reliance A1 Plaza, 20km after Hosur

Mama-Bhanja (ya Shamil aka PatienceWins and his carfresk 10yr old nephew) and his Run-in Getz (is it runin now still???)

During the short trek at Yelagiri

Lunch Time

Laxminarayan in the extreme left, Wheeliej, Mrs & Mr Vikram_d

The Chennai Annas (Esteem_lover, Headers, Nitrous) and Tadukuttan (white tshirt)....

Mr & Mrs SupremeBaleno

Finally me and Laxminarayan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks