Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2007, 12:42   #31
Team-BHP Support

Great turnout! Three cheers to Rahul for the effort. And Akshay has something Blue always in him, this time its his pair of shoes .

Hope to see more pikchar's!
Old 15th July 2007, 12:59   #32
BHPian

awesome guys. I so soo sooo badly wanted to come in for this but I was stuck with some issues, so couldnt make it. I do hope to turn up for the next meet (fingers crossed).
Old 15th July 2007, 13:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

I did not take many snaps, but this view was breathtaking from top, sorry about pic quality, was cam phone, but it looked really neat from up there.

Old 15th July 2007, 13:56   #34
BHPian

was th best meet i have been to the drive was fast with the insane speeds reached then our encounter with tvs neo testing vehicle then the trek on which only a few people went to the top. overall a very good meet.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th July 2007 at 22:58. Reason: mt=meet th=the.
Old 15th July 2007, 14:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, guys! You folks sure had a blast!!!
Old 15th July 2007, 15:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
" Standing row (left to right):

devilvtec (cheap guest), v1p3r, Wheeler , pawan (blue t shirt) , ?? , akroy, Laxminarayan, brraj, myself, nitrous, esteem lover (orange shirt), headers, palio uncle (sorry can't remember the name), rjstyle's friend behind him, benny, flipsyde , flipsyde's friend, bottle, ROC's friend , jomz
just to fill up the missing name. that's arunphilip...

it was an amazing trip. one of a kind. thoroughly enjoyed it in jassi's santro with his ice setup.

i do have some snaps and videos of cars in action. unfortunately, its at my laptop at home. will upload them tomorrow...
Old 15th July 2007, 15:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics

Early birds waiting in the morning

The Reliance A1 plaza parking lot

Folks waiting right before the detour from GQ.

At the bottom of the trail on the short hike

The hike

Beautiful looking sky

Following the trail

Group photo at the end

Last edited by reignofchaos : 15th July 2007 at 15:40.
Old 15th July 2007, 15:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice meet, except I almost died of hunger. Note to self: do not show up on time, or without food.

It was good to meet the Chennai boys, and put a face to some names. Also, the chicken was brilliant.

I have a small gripe -- can everyone please come and leave together? It's really not very nice to have to drive 200 km somewhere to discover a bunch of guys have already left, without telling you. And for crying out loud, how about a heads-up on which route we're taking back?!

Oh, on the way back we found that TVS thing being ridden again, so I got a snap of it. We were doing around 120 to overtake it, so it's pretty quick I would imagine. Note the front disc and the large alloy wheels.

Click for a bigger picture.

Last edited by v1p3r : 15th July 2007 at 15:39.
Old 15th July 2007, 15:59   #39
BHPian

Left out with

My first ever meeet with the bhpians.The 360 kms ride was breathtaking and not to mention was able to meet a bunch of smart,and young..( by heart )with automotive bloods running allover.
And guys sorry for leaving a bit early,couldnt help it.

MY VERDICT for the meet >>>..8/10.
The lose of 2 points flyed on top of the hills...The hills didnt look appealing to me or my friends..may be because I am from Kerala

But All those hair pins and redlining speeds of the cars are good enough to make the MeEt and ride a memorable one...
Lets meet very often guys...
Old 15th July 2007, 18:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

was a great meet. thanks to all bhpians who put in a lot of their time organising this - mclaren, esteem lover, nitrous...

it was good meeting a lot of you...but like a lot of u pointed out , we lot of us left earlier.. ( we were one of them ...sorry !! )

just a sugestion - probably next time, we could have some group activities also so that a lot of us who were new to the forum are not left watching all the senior bhpians having a nice get together to themselves !!!!

anyways i guess with more meets, we will know each other better...

3 cheers to tbhp/./
Old 15th July 2007, 18:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nice meet and nice report.

I dont understand why there are so small pics being posted, people are taking 10 cars in the frame and clicking pics and to top it they are posting low quality ones, whats the use? Please post bigger pics so we can zoom in and see the after market lamps of the City, the aftermarket headlights and alloys of the black Swift and the Ceida
Old 15th July 2007, 18:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

^^Here's a bigger pic of my cedia

Old 15th July 2007, 18:58   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Note to self: do not show up on time, (or without food).

I have a small gripe -- can everyone please come and leave together?
Note to V1p3r: to come and leave together, you need to be there at the agreed time. If you do not show up on time, pls dont expect any one to come (reach) together.

So, next time on : expect you to be there, on time, after having had something to eat.
Old 15th July 2007, 19:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hehe all lapses can be forgiven cos the drive was so wonderful. I never ever expected to do 205 kph in my car sans mods.
Old 15th July 2007, 19:10   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Note to self: do not show up on time, or without food.

It was good to meet the Chennai boys, and put a face to some names. Also, the chicken was brilliant.
Wah wah! Is coming 35 mins after the scheduled departure arriving on time?
Quote:
I have a small gripe -- can everyone please come and leave together? It's really not very nice to have to drive 200 km somewhere to discover a bunch of guys have already left, without telling you. And for crying out loud, how about a heads-up on which route we're taking back?!
Completely agree. I wasn't even aware that some of them had left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
just a sugestion - probably next time, we could have some group activities also so that a lot of us who were new to the forum are not left watching all the senior bhpians having a nice get together to themselves !!!!
Narayan and others, really sorry if you guys felt left out. Actually I also hardly know most of the 56 members. Must have known only 10. The main motto of these meets are to get to know the members. So an equal effort has to come from both ends.

That said, I loved the idea of group activities. Some of keep meeting regularly at go-karting centre's apart from the coffee day meets. Actually I was planning a cricket or football match at one of the next meets. Would that be fun?

Once again I would like to thank all of you that came to the meet and made it a grand success. Also to Mahendra & John who organized the Chennai part of the meet.

PS: Mahendra thanks a ton for recommending the location.

Is anyone writing a report? Or do you want me to put it up by tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th July 2007 at 19:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks