Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 23:00   #121
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren's baleno on a different diet. Bye bye speed97.
Old 16th July 2007, 23:02   #122
Senior - BHPian

Nice snaps Riju, some of those swift snaps and ones of cars on the road are too good. All good except my snaps in which I look majorly Retarded, :(
I am glad u liked the system, hope we have more of these drives, I had a good time (Except for you know what we drank warm and sometimes sweet).
Old 16th July 2007, 23:15   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The pictures, finally :

1. Wifey tries her hand at photography. E_L's Esteem (what else?) and narayan's OHC (nice car) seen from the Baleno.

2. The Chennai cars in action.

Sb, that green esteem was never in the action, it was huffing & puffing like an old dog/bitch. It was running only on the primary valve, the secondary was stuck & wouldn't open. I had great difficulty in taking it up to 120Kmph until one psyched out individual decided to just keep his hands on the car. My return journey was a lot more pleasant though i could not get past 130, i was able to get there a lot quicker. Thanks psycho (for him it was just a look).
Old 17th July 2007, 00:35   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
My car and another 3 cars stayed back as I was trying to ask the waiter to give my camera back.. We toke turns to wash hands however some how it went missing.
I knew it was our waiter as he did not even want to look at my face when I was asking him.. anyway nothing worked.. tried good cop, bad cop ... some of us even searched their little service cupboard and kitchen.. Anyway it was a case of "I thought you had it".

Thanks to the guys who stayed back and for all the support.

hey Daniel, really sorry about that man. You seemed pretty cheerful even after losing your camera. Did you write out a complaint to the manager of that plaza ? or do the same in a police station ?
Old 17th July 2007, 01:46   #125
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Mclaren's baleno on a different diet. Bye bye speed97.
John, car no longer runs on 97Octane fuel, its back to 91Oct now. Infact I don't know what it was running on when it did this:

+

=
These are just the sneak peaks. Sorry for the poor quality of the pic, its a still captured from a video that pawan managed to take.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th July 2007 at 01:53.
Old 17th July 2007, 08:01   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

McL, good to see you putting together a lovely meet - quite apparant that every one'e had fun ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by McL
PS: I feel sorry for those who couldn't make it. But, I would only go onto say that make an extra effort to make it to the meets
Grrrrr - had told you Sunday.
Old 17th July 2007, 08:36   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
A great trip. Hats off to Rahul for arranging this. Here are some photos...
The biker in pulsar. This is the last of him that we saw. Any idea where he went?

Santosh had to head back from A1 as he got a SOS call from office...

Samy
T-Bird - ~*BlacK Pearl*~
Old 17th July 2007, 09:02   #128
Senior - BHPian

did i read the pics right? tadu - you are doing between 200- 210? @MCL i cant make out from the pics (sorry! )
Old 17th July 2007, 09:43   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I distinctively remember Riju parking his car somewhere and I didn't see him for quite a while. I guess this is when he came up with this. But Riju, where are the pics of my car ?
Rahul, while these snaps were being shot, we (your Baleno and Tadu's Elantra) were zooming across. Too fast for him to even click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
tadu finds a gap and capitalizes... thats the last I saw of him until I reached the resort!!! looking at his speedo reading, I realized why...
Tadu did some really good speeds on the Elantra, and the best part here is that all the while the air-conditioning was switched ON !!
Old 17th July 2007, 09:43   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like you guys had great fun !! Wish I could have joined in.

the price I pay for being inactive :(

I told my dad abt this and he is also interested for the next drive meet

Congrats guys !!

And a special congrats to McLaren !! What organising skills !!
Old 17th July 2007, 12:08   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Infact we were all lucky not to have got caught behind more of those drag races amongst trucks. I remember once getting stuck behind atleast a dozen trucks drag racing at not more than 10kmph for over 25kms. I had to be on first gear all the time, momentarily dropping back and shifting to second. It was the most frustrating time of my life.

talking abt frustration - on the way back it was a smooth ride for us all the way till about 5 kms from Koyambedu signal....

we took nearly 1.5 hours to cover the last 5 kms... ( and it was raining like crazy...wonder whats with chennai weather these days..?? never seen so much rains at THIS TIME of the year in Chennai )....

thanks to fiery enzyme and his friends great navigation skills, we took the left most lane where even trucks were not venturing into and managed to cross that 5kms in 1.5 hours !!!!

good thing was i got a overall mileage of 12kmpl for the whole trip of around 475kms of which atleast 20 kms was complete stop and go....
( have been depressed over last 6 months with some really bad mileage figures...this figure reaffirmed my faith on the honda !! )
Old 17th July 2007, 12:15   #132
Senior - BHPian

^ yes , me and E_L got caught in that insane traffic near koyembedu as well
Old 17th July 2007, 13:08   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
17. jassi n myself "spotted" this thing on the road on our way back...

A tiger prawn? wondering how it looks from front!
Old 17th July 2007, 13:57   #134
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all Bangy and Chennai BHP'ians for making it to the meet. My saturday couldnt be spent better than what I did last weekend.

Was a splendid experience meeting up with people whom I have only interacted with on the forum.

Nitrous I love you . LOL you never added me into the mallu congregation.

Huh !! where-ever we go we teamup. I love all my mallu counterparts on the forum . Are you reading Malayalee's ?

The drive was simply awesome. Did some real good speeds and yes I cant forget Tadu's elantra and mclarens's baleno zipping past me when I pulled over.

Just a few seconds back I had checked the RVM and confirmed that no-one was on my tail. Next moment I jump outta my car to shoot and there they go zooooooommm !!

How can I forget brraj's ford Ikon. Gawd this car had some real good top end. We found an open stretch after the 1st stop at the A1 plaza and floored the pedals.

I very vividly remember my speedo just abt a millimeter away from the 180 mark and gosh the ford was still gaining speed. Rahul's baleno was on his tail.

I gave up 1/2 way through and decided to fall in line with the other cars. Thats when Tadu's car goes zip past me.

Rahul I think you car has accumulated a lot of intestinal gas over time and its being released in the form of fart when you accelerate. Please do something about it. LOL kidding bro' . She revv's like crazy and I love those cheeky rims.

ironwolf, this chap has been on my tail all through the drive and yes with those puny tires. Kudo's Baleno rules.

Daniel I dont think we pushed the limits anywhere and I was more concerned about the handling of your car and hence that long session of advice during lunch.

Sorry to hear about the camera and the damaged windsheild. We learn small lessons like this and its time you move on. I know you will.

reignofchaos I would say are both seperate entities. Reign and chaos both driving in that mosterous Cedia. Lovely car you have there and mate use the power when needed.

srisha thats a nice and wicked looking OHC that you have. Keep her gleaming the same always. I love the color and the interiors.

benbsb this chap is real cute. He reminds me of the babies in the diper adv's chubby and blah blah. LOL no offense mate. Nice to have met you to. You qualify for the Johnson and Johnson ad's.

sankar hope you and the bullet reached home without any problemo.

nitrous , big man and the gentle gaint. Was a nice experience spending time with you bro'. Am looking forward to make it to one of the meets in chennai. Thanks for the invite(?).

e_l all you chaps should meet him. I found him very soft-spoken and wise. Not that he advised me about something, but his traits is something worthwhile peeking into.

jomz you better bring the stallion for the next meet.

satya(blueraven) , man that was some real cool ICE. Hope to see that car for the future drives.

vikram , you were our saviour when the beer was warm. The idea of adding coke/pepsi to it was sure something to crave for. Comes handy you see.

Rahul I will never forgive you for giving us beer which was warmer than water.

e_l yes I was really happy with that last shot of beer I had and it was really cold. Manna from heaven.
I know I have missed quite a few none the less was a splendid experience meeting each of you chaps.

roopakr here you go : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/501466-post83.html

Looking forward for such meets in the future too. Thanks to all who made it happen.
Old 17th July 2007, 14:47   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
A tiger prawn? wondering how it looks from front!
we whizzed past that one... just managed to take this snap in time...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks