Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 18:07   #181
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Busa, some of us would prefer it that way. Some don't (contact v1p3r for more on that). At times using thumbnails we miss out on a lot of good pics in a hurry. This way we wait (sometimes for eternity) until all the pics are uploaded. I understand your problem, but the detailing in every pic (sometimes the pics being a sequence of a story) is fun only when put up as a hotlink.

But we all have our own views. Atleast this is the standard procedure most of us are following on the meet threads these days. All thanks to the man who started it, a moderator clad with a sword.

Oh btw, if you are intending to download the video that tadu is putting up kindly beware that it could be in excess of 1GB . These images will look far swifter and nimble then.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 18th July 2007 at 18:09.
Old 18th July 2007, 18:12   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Busa, some of us would prefer it that way. Some don't (contact v1p3r for more on that). At times using thumbnails we miss out on a lot of good pics in a hurry.
i agree with mclaren, if its just thumbnails, while browsing we might want to just see the good ones and in the process might miss some...its better this way, or someone can aggregate all the pics and post them once, since there are lot of pics that are duplicate of others.
Old 18th July 2007, 18:32   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sunita, I am glad that you enjoyed the trip. Looking forward to seeing you more on the future trips too.

Jaguar, so while I was shouting my A.S.S off for a "group photo" this is what nitrous was doing eh? Selling fake NOS bottles to you all?
NIIITROOOUSSSS!

Lady (ies?) & Gentlemen, thanks a ton for all the kind words. Its was a great pleasure meeting you all and I shall look forward to such meets in the future too. I love meeting new people and making new friends all the time, some people call me mad for sending out numerous PM's & SMS' and sitting for hours together planning this all out. But thats the way I am, MAD? So be it! Hopefully we will get to meet a lot many more newbies in the future and also catch up on some the oldies (who seem to have lost their way from checking out the meet threads) too. See you all soon.

how about MADlaren for a new screen name ?
Old 18th July 2007, 20:20   #184
BHPian

Video, finally!

TBHP Bangalore drive to Yalagiri

And after all the trouble, it still ain't really clear. While I try to fix that, enjoy what we have...

PS: Just noticed the spelling mistake in the Link, hopefully will automagically get corrected in a couple of hours. Edits to video information takes couple of hours to propagate to the servers.

Last edited by tadukuttan : 18th July 2007 at 20:24.
Old 18th July 2007, 21:04   #185
BANNED

Tadu, just finished watching about 22mins into the video. All I can say is AWESOME work Jomz. The line up of cars at the toll is a sight to behold. Can't wait to finish watching the video. Btw, zakko you surely did miss the fun. But your CD found its way into both are cars. We listened to it the whole journey. Wish you could have made it too.

PS: Can't wait to get hold of the DVD . The rest stand in queue.
Old 18th July 2007, 21:33   #186
Senior - BHPian

Jomz good work with the camera dude. Now who wants to burn a copy of the same CD/DVD for me ? Zak are you reading?
Old 18th July 2007, 21:39   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Better still, those of you who know Malayalam, please don't post translations on the forum.

I have removed some "encouraging" comments about other road users, but there is a good chance that a few of them might have slipped past.

The compressed footage i sent to Google Videos is pretty large, around 2Gb. Instead, you will be able to download a better compressed version from the Google Video page itself. If that ain't clear, then we will need to write it onto a DVD and distribute.
Tadu... I am now really itching to know what you said ... can I get a Non -edited version. I promise I wont translate and post

2GB Google Vid? Holy Cow... Please try posting 3-4 min bits of the video for us to see. I am sure not going to be able to see a 2GB version.. Or make copies and bring to next meet for 10Rs each.

Quote:
Steeroid Why do I get the feeling that this Bengalooru - Chennai meeting was infested with a bunch of mallus who are essentially from neither state?????
OYYYEEEE !!!!! Dont talk like that Vokay !! without us India would not have enough bakeries or late night chai kadais.
Old 18th July 2007, 22:01   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post

OYYYEEEE !!!!! Dont talk like that Vokay !! without us India would not have enough bakeries or late night chai kadais.
lol! amen to that ironwolf!
Old 18th July 2007, 22:11   #189
BANNED

Just watched the video again. Jomz commendable work. And Tadu hats off for the patience to upload the video. This goes into the books as the "Best drive of my life".

All those of you who want the DVD be ready with Rs 100/- (DVD cost, electricity cost, wear and tear of DVD writer costs, education cess, entertainment tax, transportation tax, battery tax, road tax, labour tax, delivery and handling charges included too. Have I forgotten any other taxes ) . Just kidding, feel free to pick up copies from me once they are ready.

Anyone else has similar videos? Kindly make a copy. Will get all the clippings clubbed and make an exclusive DVD.
Old 18th July 2007, 22:15   #190
rks
BANNED

Beautiful video. The highway was dead straight most of the time with hardly any sharp curves and the traffic was minimal. Even on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway there are many sharp curves and the traffic is quite heavy. I doubt if anybody can sustain 180-220 kmph speeds on the Expressway for as much time as Tadu and Mcl did in this drive. I wonder what was the distance covered in the one hour drive shown on the video.
Old 18th July 2007, 23:07   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Beautiful video. The highway was dead straight most of the time with hardly any sharp curves and the traffic was minimal. Even on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway there are many sharp curves and the traffic is quite heavy. I doubt if anybody can sustain 180-220 kmph speeds on the Expressway for as much time as Tadu and Mcl did in this drive. I wonder what was the distance covered in the one hour drive shown on the video.
Trip meter was set in Bangalore the day before when I filled Diesel. I think towards the end of the fast stretch it was showing around 170Kms. And the video started past Hosur, a good 50Kms from Bangalore. And the video is not contiguous.

And the normal driving time till the Chennai track is around 3 hours, distance around 350Kms? For those who did not know, the part of GQ we were on is headed towards Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
2GB Google Vid? Holy Cow... Please try posting 3-4 min bits of the video for us to see. I am sure not going to be able to see a 2GB version.. Or make copies and bring to next meet for 10Rs each.
Mini DV cam, so an hour of raw footage is around 10GB. Compressed to 2GB and sent to Google Video.

But, if you download this from Google, it would be a lot smaller. They have a mighty high ratio compression going, which also drastically reduces the quality of the video.

Last edited by tadukuttan : 18th July 2007 at 23:12.
Old 18th July 2007, 23:51   #192
BANNED

Factoring in the time for all the cuts and the time spent at the Krishnagiri Toll Gate I guess we must have covered about 100-120kms in roughly about 35-40 mins?

I can distinctively remember hitting speeds of 200 or more atleast 10+ times. The longest I got to sit on full throttle was for about 30secs a part of which I have on video (18 secs to be precise once and 17secs the other time before we ran out of memory).

Those Neova's don't let you feel the speed at all. Anyone who sits in the car will feel like he is doing about 160 until you look at the speedo showing 200. Also from one of the videos the car brakes from 200kmph to 120kmph in roughly about 7 secs. Can't wait to put the car on a dyno.

Though, numbers don't do any justice to the amount of fun we all had on & off the drive. The eve teasing, checking out each one's rides, talking about all topics from almost anything under the sun, the trek are what I enjoyed more.

PS: Tadu, got a surprise for you soon. By this time next month G16B should be running petrified too (though off a different kind) ! We need to head to the tracks soon.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 18th July 2007 at 23:54.
Old 19th July 2007, 02:32   #193
BHPian

Awsome vid!

The video is awesome man!! I did feel that the elantra was struggling to keep up but hey its a diesel and the ac was on..
Moreover coudn't see the speeds..

But one thing for sure you guys were zooming past as if the other vehicles for standing.

I showed my office collegues the video and they wouldn't belive when I showed MCL(through the other photos) as the guy who was who drove the Baleno. .. No offense MCL.

Never judge the book by the cover..they say!
Old 19th July 2007, 03:23   #194
BHPian

Quote:
DF, you should join some of us on one of these drives you know. How about the Leh trip? 3 trucks and some mad bhpians ought to make a deadly combo.
Yes right! 230 for one, 220 another...It would not be a surprise if i end up in kerala when the smoke clears!!!

Leh trip led by our Bhai from Dubai is not a bad idea.
Old 19th July 2007, 03:51   #195
BANNED

After 3-4 days absence of my dearest phone, burning fever and very scarce internet access, here I am!

Guys! First things first.
Thanks for all that good writeups and great snaps. You guys did remember us a lot while clicking pictures I can see.
Great drive and a hell of a meet you all had.
A big hoot to Team-BHP due to which these kinda meets are becoming a reality.
Congratulations and cheers to all the lucky souls who made it to this meet.
Special mention to coordinators of this meet. I can understand the pain you guys should've been thru.

Now, I missed it! (Mods, shall we have a very big crying out loud smilie?)
There's no use of putting up excuses now. Nothing looks valid to be one now. One thing I repeat, I missed it.

Thanks to know that some of you remembered me in between all of this. That was really heart touching. Thanks!

Hmmm...... I can smell a DRIVE ON (II) and a southern spice (II) in the very near future!
Hope I will get to see you all for sure.
Till then,
Zakko!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks