Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When would you like to see The Transformers ?
Saturday 18th August 0 0%
Sunday 19th August 5 100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 21:59   #106
BANNED

NavinJi! That was just great! :
And signing off the post with the date was immaculate.
Old 21st August 2007, 22:12   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
2. From what you have said you have had 2 accidents and your (non-moving) car has been hit 3 times in the past 3-4 years?
Yes, 1 accident when I was 15 in a Sierra. The other with the Baleno. Baleno is about 1.5 yrs old. The first accident was in my college parking lot when my senior trying to show off came and banged into my car, damage was bent right rear quarter panel. The second was when I had parked the car at the road adjacent to Sag Racing and was getting out of the car when a biker who wasn't paying concentration came and hit the rear left. Damages were bumper got scratched so had to pain the whole thing. Third was when we were on a holiday to this place called Savandurga, a mad man ( I mean literally, no pun intended) stood on my bonnet and broke the windshield with a couple of stones for no joy. And the locals tell me that I am not the only one to have suffered such a brutal treatment.

These are all the events in my 4+ years of driving. Which is about 50k + kms at the very least. And I have driven cars like zen, indica, baleno (all belonging to my family) & many cars belonging to friends like Civic, Palio 1.6, OHC, Sonata, Swift D, Alto and a countless others I can't remember. I haven't had any incidents in any of above mentioned vehicles apart from the Sierra and the Baleno.

Quote:
3. There are rumours of you doing 60-70kmph or more on Brigade Road.
Maybe. But do kindly check at what times these speeds were done. No sane guy in Bangalore will be able to do speeds of 60-70 at Mg's at any time before 7am or after 1am. The few times I have it was always past 2am. When there is not a single soul on the road. Also, do note that there is a replica of my car in town who seemed to be doing all the crazy driving. Many BHPIans who saw the car thought it to be mine, while my car was at Coimbatore the whole while. So don't get confused with that. Also I can bet my life I have never done 70kmph on Brigade Road EVER. Maybe MG.Road never Brigade's.

Quote:
4. You do not need to apologise to Sam. He trusted you enough to give you his car.
You made it sound as if Sam had made a grave mistake by asking me to drive. My point was just that Sam trusted me with his car. I guess he does know what he is doing.

Quote:
Mclaren firstly I should apologise for making a statement in jest that could so easily have been taken the wrong way
Navin, you do not have to apologize to me at all. I have made my views clear about this topic many times in the past too. I would accept criticism from someone who has seen me drive anyday. Though, what I feel hard to digest is someone who has not seen me or my driving passing out comments like these. I hope you understand.

I do know that there are a lot of rumours on TBHP that mclaren has a fast car, so he is a rash driver. That is not true, in city I still get unbelievable mileage from an almost race spec engine that most owners with stock cars hope to get. Regarding my highway driving you can feel free to ask any of the TBHP members who have accompanied me on the drives or check the threads regarding them in the meet section. I might drive fast, so has everyone here. Check the top speeds thread.

Any further discussions on this topic kindly PM me. Its really getting annoying to see every Bangalore thread turn into a thread of argument or pin pointing. I don't see that happen to any other city. Why?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 21st August 2007 at 22:14.
Old 21st August 2007, 22:13   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljah
Oh & Harrie anna, great acquisition. Very sweet ride
Finally,the cat's out of the bag.

And congratulations to Sam for being the first person to find his/her lost mobile in a cinema.
Innovative should get a trophy for this.
Old 21st August 2007, 22:34   #109
BHPian

Couldnt help it.
Old 21st August 2007, 23:18   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hello, the Mivec is yours, you scoundrel? I see this shiny red car lying at the garage, so I take it out, and you now say it's yours? I think I will keep it.
Old 22nd August 2007, 00:50   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Hello, the Mivec is yours, you scoundrel? I see this shiny red car lying at the garage, so I take it out, and you now say it's yours? I think I will keep it.
If you guys have a problem keeping it, please send it to me in Delhi, we have enough parking space & roads to use that performance

P.S. Congrats Harrie! Now looking forward to getting a TD of the Mivec
Old 22nd August 2007, 08:46   #112
BHPian

What was supposed to be me and keshav's little surprise entry for the next track day is out
Anyways hope you had fun akshay.
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:24   #113
BANNED

Wow! So, the meet did bring out some good surprises too!
Congrats, Harrie!
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:35   #114
Senior - BHPian

1) Missed a good dinner and movie meet
2) Missed all the hoo haa and fuss about a certain Megan Fox
3) speedzap - please tell me you weren't flying to bangalore and back just for the meet? (sorry for my ignorance)
3) Sam - Finding a mobile after leaving it in a Theater? awesome!!
4) mclaren - touchy touchy
5) Why is no one talking about the freken transformers? can we have some give inputs on which transformer concept was the best and if the movie is a must watch in a theatre?
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:45   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Poor ole Joe would want to change his surname of Cocker
Hey, Mag I wrote that not Joe Cocker.

BTW you really gotta hear him sing. I heard (he sang one song) Joe Cocker at the Ronnie Lane (for Multiple Sclerosis) benefit concert (supported by some good musicians - Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page were on guitars)at Madison Square Garden in the mid 80s (I think it was 1983). Joe Cocker sang from the gut. There was a pain (in his voice) you could feel that came from somewhere near his kidneys, up though the pancreas and liver and out of his larynx.

Ronnie (the Gnome) Lane played bass with the Small Faces. The Small Faces were great freinds of The Who and The Stones (esp Pete and Ron) and when Ronnie got MS they organised a 2 day concert in his honour at MSG. Day one was stolen by Clapton, one day 2 Page strutted his stuff - vilon bow and all - playing interludes of a J.S. Bach violin concerto on his Les Paul!

A similar concert was held at Royal Albert Hall in London. Google ARMS concert for more info.
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:47   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
5) Why is no one talking about the freken transformers? can we have some give inputs on which transformer concept was the best and if the movie is a must watch in a theatre?
For that you really gotta talk to little Geroge. He was probably the only one there who went to see Optimus Prime.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:28   #117
BHPian

Missed the meet again. Just got back from kerala on sunday night and guess what while driving down airport road, i see these fast cars and loud cars all going in one direction. Talk about transformation! Transformers - bhp transformer!
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:54   #118
BHPian

A nice little meet. Thanks V1p3r for the tickets. Otherwise my kid would've made my weekend miserable.
This was the first meet I attended and it was nice to meet everyone.

Sam , my kid wants to meet you again.

Best Regards
Deepu
Old 22nd August 2007, 23:19   #119
Senior - BHPian

Deepu can you tell lil George to tell you what his experience was on the transformers and which "character" he liked best.
Old 23rd August 2007, 00:11   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepug View Post
A nice little meet. Thanks V1p3r for the tickets. Otherwise my kid would've made my weekend miserable.
This was the first meet I attended and it was nice to meet everyone.

Sam , my kid wants to meet you again.

Best Regards
Deepu
You say hi to him for me. He's a lovely boy, you should be proud of him. Tell him George of the Jungle says hi to George of Bangalore.
And that I'll see him again, for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks