Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 20:45   #91
Senior - BHPian

nitrous, you know what, if you wanted, you could have been a cryptic crossword puzzle maker - I mean, sometimes, I am not sure what your posts are supposed to mean and whom they are targetted at.

The last one I assume is for me, but why ? All I said was, "You guys should heed manek's call and have a great time". Anyway, if you guys are meeting on 8th, I will join for sure - that's a gentleman's word. But I'll join over phone though.

BTW, I almost forgot. I think there is a spelling mistake in your signature. Rectify it before our English Professor (aka Sameer Kapasi) comes over.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th September 2007 at 20:49.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Please SB, there is no need for any sarcasm, we folks wanted to accomodate a regular & that was the only reason why we wanted to have it on 15th, but looking at the way things stand, you are not likely to be available even on that date. So we will go on ahead as planned with or without you, but it is still on 15th. but we might have a mini meet on 8th to discuss what we will do on the 15th. LOL

P.S. We would love to hear you when we are on the drive to pulicat, please do call us, you know the numbers, right ???

Last edited by esteem_lover : 6th September 2007 at 23:09.
Old 7th September 2007, 06:51   #93
Senior - BHPian

So pulicat it is and on the 15th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Please SB, there is no need for any sarcasm, we folks wanted to accomodate a regular & that was the only reason why we wanted to have it on 15th, but looking at the way things stand, you are not likely to be available even on that date. So we will go on ahead as planned with or without you, but it is still on 15th.
I will really miss it. Will be there only on the 17th. I am sorry about that, but helpless. Anyway, have fun guys. I am sure there are going to be more meets in the future, which I can make it to.

And nitrous, it was in jest, as the smilie indicated. Hope you did not take any offense.

Quote:
but we might have a mini meet on 8th to discuss what we will do on the 15th. LOL
Ofcourse I know you would meet on the 8th - atleast the regulars.

Quote:
P.S. We would love to hear you when we are on the drive to pulicat, please do call us, you know the numbers, right ???
Sure will call you guys. I have the numbers.
Old 7th September 2007, 08:34   #94
Senior - BHPian

Also, guys, while you discuss on the 8th about plans for the 15th meet, how about adding some learning element to our meets ? I mean, at our meets, we go out, have nice food, some not-so-nice beer, have a nice drive and get back home. But, how about adding some educative/informative car-related stuff to the meet ?

For instance, our experts (nitrous, headers, arka, aditya, john and the rest) could maybe give a short session (30 - 60mins) about some subject that they are good at. Can be on anything as long as it is auto-related.

For eg., aditya has this race-spec headers, something like which I would love to have on my car (for the sound, not for racing or anything). It would be useful for me to know what it is all about (I don't know squat about them), what mods are required in the car to have it fitted, the pros (sound, better pickup or top-end, etc) and the cons (maybe the catcon goes out, which is not environment-friendly etc). If he gives a short session, I am sure many would be interested, if only to know about it.

Does it sound useful or should we stick to the drive-eat-drink-drive-back home routine that we follow now ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 7th September 2007 at 08:36.
Old 7th September 2007, 09:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

17th ? bah cut your trip short by 2 days
Old 7th September 2007, 09:27   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle
17th ? bah cut your trip short by 2 days
Well, I could have done that because 15th & 16th is weekend and no problems in flying out. But I have not had the last 2 weekends to myself - was at work. This weekend also, I would have to work. So, I need the last weekend to go shopping and buy all the stuff my wife has asked me to get. Else, I can expect serious trouble at the homefront.
Old 7th September 2007, 23:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

After all this, I can't wait to meet U, dearest SB.
Screw the japs! come for the 15th meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB
nitrous, you know what, if you wanted, you could have been a cryptic crossword puzzle maker - I mean, sometimes, I am not sure what your posts are supposed to mean and whom they are targetted at.
Well, thats exactly what I aim to do.

And about the auto discussion, there will be too many conflicting theories and it wouldn't be nice for the egos. So, if anyone has a doubt, let them ask someone who's 'qualified' in their opinion.

Last edited by nitrous : 7th September 2007 at 23:10.
Old 8th September 2007, 01:19   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

And about the auto discussion, there will be too many conflicting theories and it wouldn't be nice for the egos. So, if anyone has a doubt, let them ask someone who's 'qualified' in their opinion.
does that mean " naan pudicha muyal has only three kaals ? "
Old 8th September 2007, 22:51   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
or kudhiraiku kombu irrukan. ! LOL man
Old 9th September 2007, 18:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
actually - its more like naan and pudhina chuttney used to be only 3 rupees!

So 15th it is. Finally!
Old 9th September 2007, 22:53   #101
Senior - BHPian

guys any chance of a tentative agenda? as in what to start and a rough idea when we can get back ?
Old 10th September 2007, 01:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan
actually - its more like naan and pudhina chuttney used to be only 3 rupees!
Always thinking about food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_keeper
There are a few friends of mine like this. And I don't argue because I want them to remain my friends.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Always thinking about food.
There are a few friends of mine like this. And I don't argue because I want them to remain my friends.
Don't make me a plageuriser, i never said that about the muyals, my comment was about the kudhirais. HE he he. See, it started already.

@bottle : we will start around 10 from Anna Nagar & come back by 4 or 5 pm. Just a tentative thing.

I also want the guys to come forward with eats. Each one can bring something to the meet.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Arrey John!

Esteem_Keeper = Neoranjit . Not U!

Btw, The next GP is this weekend. So, we GOTTO return by 4ish.
Old 10th September 2007, 11:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

i am game. 4 is a good time to return! so can we have a show of hands of who all are in finally?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks