Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 00:17   #241
BHPian

If your car has been in water, even if everything seems fine, it may be a good idea to change the oils. I just changed my engine oil a couple of weeks ago & may need to change it again. :(
Old 26th September 2007, 00:47   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
PS: if i need to provide them with a date in November - then?? we will have to decide the date by tonight / tomorrow by 10AM.
I guess, if they agree to postpone, toss a coin and give them any weekend date in Nov. At the least it will help us buy some time
Old 26th September 2007, 01:37   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
toss a coin
Roll a dice, you will get six times the options.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:49   #244
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to Jasabanti (Camellia) - she said that it can be postponed in November - not an issue. however i will have to go to their Kolkata office change the date in the money receipt.

they dont refund in case of cancellation.
Old 26th September 2007, 11:45   #245
Senior - BHPian

Fix a date after the pujas. Guess that's best for everyone.
@ Wimwian - Hows your Swift?
Old 26th September 2007, 12:06   #246
BHPian

I did not bring my car to office today, i am scared of driving it seeing the partially dark skies in the morning, I drove through a S**T load of water that day , and in minto park there was so much water that at one point the car was lifted off the road for 3 to 4 seconds , could not believe what was happening, never felt so scared in my life and cursed myself for taking that route. The car did not stall anywhere. However I am not very sure what to do next , feeling scared to start normal use of car , engine oil change seems like a nice suggestion ,is there anything else needs to be taken care off before I start my normal runs ??
Old 26th September 2007, 12:47   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
is there anything else needs to be taken care off before I start my normal runs ??
get your ride checked by M.A.S.S asap.
Old 26th September 2007, 13:43   #248

Hello people...am new here....looks like the Wheel God fans of Kolkata are all here....awesome....well hope to see you all some day on AJC bose Rd(am surprised I havent already seen anybody there - may b I was 2 busy keeping my car on the road at 165kph at tht time)...hehe....but anyway, am I welcome for this trip you guys are planning ?...if so, lemme know....will do me some good ..... about the rains, please get your brakes serviced and oils changed if your car's been in the water...n let her roll baby roll.....
till then, ladies n gentlemen, thank the Wheel God for giving us carbon brakes, torque induction system, NOS, carbon drivetrain, Freeflow exhaust and lots more....God is Great, but a little too expensive !!!
Old 26th September 2007, 13:57   #249
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to teambhp ace959. You are most welcome to join us when the meet happens. Post a detailed intro about yourself in the intro section. Hope you have a great time here with us.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:11   #250
Team-BHP Support

Aha! <twinkle in my eyes> So you guys are postponing it to Nov are you? The drive to Shantiniketan? How about the 17-18th weekend of Nov?
Old 26th September 2007, 14:41   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Aha! <twinkle in my eyes> So you guys are postponing it to Nov are you? The drive to Shantiniketan? How about the 17-18th weekend of Nov?
Sure Zappo Da! Would be a honor to have you as the guest of honor
Old 26th September 2007, 14:57   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace959 View Post
Hello people...am new here....looks like the Wheel God fans of Kolkata are all here....awesome....well hope to see you all some day on AJC bose Rd(am surprised I havent already seen anybody there - may b I was 2 busy keeping my car on the road at 165kph at tht time)...hehe....but anyway, am I welcome for this trip you guys are planning ?...if so, lemme know....will do me some good ..... about the rains, please get your brakes serviced and oils changed if your car's been in the water...n let her roll baby roll.....
till then, ladies n gentlemen, thank the Wheel God for giving us carbon brakes, torque induction system, NOS, carbon drivetrain, Freeflow exhaust and lots more....God is Great, but a little too expensive !!!
hey ace959, welcome to tbhp. please post some details in the intro section. you will find shuvd and me on AJC bose flyover quite frequently particularly on Friday and Saturday nights. about 165 kph in an esteem, here is a link to my run in a friend's esteem on the flyover very recently - http://www.youtube.com/v/kcqQrRXDvvA next time you go there at night gimme a call and I will be there in a jiffy
Old 26th September 2007, 15:23   #253
BHPian

Another 5000-6000 to whizz off my pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Spoke to Jasabanti (Camellia) - she said that it can be postponed in November - not an issue. however i will have to go to their Kolkata office change the date in the money receipt.

they dont refund in case of cancellation.
Guys, Similiar cisrcumstance with me as well. On 24th, I got a distress call from Wifey who was in office at Bhawanipore(he!he!). I started from Sector V, waded through tyre high water, reached Ruby, saw there was a mile long jam. Drove back to Park circus Pool No 4. Crossed it thru an hour and 20 minutes and hell...on the other side there was a sea!! Again turned back drove to Ruby, (Through a Sea near Topsia crossing). Reached till Gariahat safely. Then came the ordeal. Ballyguange Phary and hazra rd .. Xeta was grunting and gasping but made it till Bhawanipur.
Picked up Wifey at 11.10pm.
Drove till Anwar Shah.. No Water. But made the greatest mistake. Took the Anwar Shah connector to bypass. After the bridge, 400 mtrs was simply driving through a lake. Reached the bypass luckily, engine did not stop. Reached home at 12:45 am.
Opened the baseplate plugs, let teh water drain out. Luckily ICE was not affected. Central locking master unit short circuit.
Took the car to Garodia Motors. Engine oil, gear oil, brake fluid will be changed. Engine flushing and appropriate lubrication of axle and bearings to be done. carpet will be dried out. Thankfully, no damage to engine or wheels. Master unit for Central locking needs replacement. Rs.7000 zapped!

Nomoshkar korchi, the next Time I see clouds, I am not taking the car out of garage. NEVER!!
Old 26th September 2007, 15:24   #254
Senior - BHPian

The September Meet is postponed to November (17th & 18th - Saturday & Sunday) - the POA will remain same as it was for this saturday. i have told her about the date but she needs to change the date in the money receipt.

@ zappo da - it will be great to have you with us.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:14   #255

thank you thank you for the warm welcome :-) I think i've already posted an introduction there.....as for the AJC Bose Rd flyover.....I'll probably be there this friday doin some runs, unless the Rain God rules over the Car God....will give u a call for sure, but is the number avlbl in the profiles ???
as for the November Trip....I'm game for sure, any details that I need to know ???

Cool scene....this friday AJC bose Rd Flyover ???? I'll be there anyway doin a run arnd tht time......would be nice to meet as many BHPians out there .

Looking forward to meet everybody, specially before the november meet....My introduction is already there :-D

Last edited by Zappo : 26th September 2007 at 16:49. Reason: Posts merged. Post in one go rather than making multiple posts. Use the Edit button in 1st 20 mins to add content to a post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks