Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2007, 00:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Bong from Taxus is going to Colorado springs at Pikes Peak. Rented a car, requested for a Dodge Charger (which they cant assure). Its a 700miles one way journey. Which is the reason why only three of us are going from here. Lets see how it turns up. I just love the mountains and always wonder why we dont have one in Kolkata.
I got a Mercury Grang Marquis 4.6 litre V8 this time from Budget car rental, wow, but then, this one feels much slower than my 3.2 litre car. Doesn't ride any better and the handling is better not spoken off. Let me see if this Ford is able to endear itself in the next 4 days.
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:31   #62
BHPian

@All - may we decide on the date for the Sept meet? It would be great if we can do it sometime around the middle of the month, if that suites all. For me, I am kind of uncertain towards the end of this month. However, that only for me. Lets arrive at a date that suites most of us.
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

i am game on any Sunday. i think Wimwian will be stuck with work till 16th. thats why i chose 23rd or 30th. but like i said - i am game on any Sunday.

@ Wimwian - do you think that you will be able to make it on 16th?

shuvd is all set for a drive tomorrow - Reliance A1 Plaza. i will not be able to make it tomorrow (ghar mey Puja hai - Janmastami).
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:15   #64
Team-BHP Support

vroooom and I will not be in town on 15th and 16th.
Old 3rd September 2007, 22:06   #65
BHPian

23rd or 30th seems to be the best option as of now...
Old 6th September 2007, 13:25   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Sorry I missed the date part. 22nd/29th Sept is almost a year away! I was thinking this was being planned for this weekend. You dont need a months planning to go to Bolpur, you do it on a 5 minute fickle headedness. Yeah, I admit, you cant arrange everybody in that timeline.

If you get XetaGLGRocks (what a name!) ask him to bring his guitar just for showing it to the members. Later give him a peg or two and then fiddle around with the instrument with inexperienced hands, it always works!!

Wherever you people go, keep the Lulung trip for the time I get back!!

Hmmmm,1100D,you seem to have forgotten that I refrain from liquor since a long time. One more thing, I don't need to hand the guitar out to people to extract sound out of it. I can do it pretty well myself. And news for you buddy, I drive the car equally well now .
Old 6th September 2007, 15:40   #67
Senior - BHPian

@ XetaGLGRocks - dont worry! you dont have to to booz if you are with us. i can play a hawaiin guitar - used to play the same when i was younger. we actually dont like to drive / dont drive fast except the following members - 1100D, shuvd, shuvc, BlackPearl, Razor, toiingg, Saurabh M, babhishek, wimwian (not sure actually) - they drive really fast - so i refrain from taking "panga" with them.

but it will be great to have you with us.

ps: i usually dont drive fast and always stick to 60KPH - thats why i find the above mentioned guys to be driving fast. once a Bajaj Auto overtook me on the Kona Express Way.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
once a Bajaj Auto overtook me on the Kona Express Way.
See ? Drop the idea of a GTX, Baleno etc and get an Auto - used.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
See ? Drop the idea of a GTX, Baleno etc and get an Auto - used.

naah! too small for my taste + too many hassles.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 6th September 2007 at 15:56.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:00   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

naah! too small for my taste + too many hassles.
plus no AC in auto, by the way can AC be retrofitted in auto? but too many hassles sure - you have to build custom doors too
Old 6th September 2007, 17:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

yeah - lot of problems you see. so no Auto for me Period.

coming back to topic -

Banalakshmi - NDTV Travelogue:

Everyone has heard about Shantiniketan, being the abode of Vishwabharati, Tagore's centre of excellence, but not everyone knows about Banalakshmi, which is about 14 kilometres from Shantiniketan.Everyone has heard about Shantiniketan, being the abode of Vishwabharati, Tagore's centre of excellence, but not everyone knows about Banalakshmi, which is about 14 kilometres from Shantiniketan.

If you travel by a car, you will reach Banalakshmi in three hours from Calcutta, taking the Durgapur expressway and the Panagarh-Moregram highway to Dwaranda. The importance of travelling by car is all the more, because one can travel to and fro from Banalakshmi to Shantiniketan.

Banalakshmi is more famous for offering delicious meals to its guests. but do they serve booz?

more

Last edited by planet_rocker : 6th September 2007 at 17:11.
Old 6th September 2007, 17:10   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yeah - lot of problems you see. so no Auto for me Period.

coming back to topic -

how long will it take to reach Vanalakshmi? what about the drive / road conditions / scenary? do they serve booz?
It will take approx 3 hours to reach Vanalakshmi. Its GQ till Darjeeling more (150 Km from Kolkata) and then one has to take a right turn. The road from there on is State Highway with two way traffic. Road condition was quite good till a few months. Dont know if the monsoon has left any impression upon it or not. Scenery is nothing to write about. They do not serve booze.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 6th September 2007 at 17:12.
Old 6th September 2007, 17:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
They do not serve booze.
@shuvd's bullet/force boot can serve booze
But then if its a family affair then the booze can wait till the evening , can't it ?
Old 6th September 2007, 17:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Its GQ till Darjeeling more (150 Km from Kolkata) and then one has to take a right turn.

Scenery is nothing to write about.

They do not serve booze.
oops! now i know - thanks BP - edited my prevous post. You guys will have to wait for me before taking that right turn - i am too bad with road sense.

so no good photoshoot session??

uhm! we will manage it somehow
Old 6th September 2007, 17:29   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
oops! now i know - thanks BP - edited my prevous post. You guys will have to wait for me before taking that right turn - i am too bad with road sense.

so no good photoshoot session??

uhm! we will manage it somehow
I am sure you wont miss the turn since I do not. I am sure you cannot beat me in direction sense . Our photoshoot sessions are all involving cars, so the sceneries anyway dont matter that much. IMO its better not to involve booze in a long trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks