Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 12:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

@ BP - beta he has already replied. by the way - you can always hitch a ride with anyone of us. ask wifey to make it to this meet (if possible).
Old 29th August 2007, 12:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Shuvc can you narrate the route this expressway takes to reach Dunlop from Jessore Rd (now where is this merging on the Jessore rd?)
VIP road; cross airport; hit Jessore road; take a right; go about a km or 2 towards Sher-E-Punjab; you'll see 2 new flyovers (I think it's Airport Gate 2); take left on the road beside the flyovers; expressway starts.

You never touch Dunlop as such. Expressway merges with bridge approach flyover merges with bridge seamlessly.

No signals, minimal traffic, 8-10km 2+2 lane stretch, almost GQ quality tarmac.

Toll booth is after you cross the bridge. Then onto NH-2.

The only problem in that stretch of road. It runs alongside some populated areas - just like Kona. Hence you have people squatting on the divider, crossing etc. Since it's kinda twisty and will egg you to negotiate them at 3 figure speeds, one needs to be VERY alert. I never crossed 80 since it was the first time. But it's fun at 80 too.
Old 29th August 2007, 12:14   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ BP - beta he has already replied. by the way - you can always hitch a ride with anyone of us. ask wifey to make it to this meet (if possible).
if its till Uluberia, I will hitch a ride. If its Bolpur I am not going to miss the drive and will take BP no matter what happens to credit card bills .
By the way I dont think wifey will want to join.
Old 29th August 2007, 12:16   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Shuvc can you narrate the route this expressway takes to reach Dunlop from Jessore Rd (now where is this merging on the Jessore rd?)
On the Jessore Road side it lands very close to the airport. You would have seen the in-progress flyovers near the airport (while going towards madhyamgram on Jessore Road). It lands near the Dakshineswar temple. However AFAIK that is only an entry ramp as yet. Exit ramp is actually much before and takes you down to some para near Dunlop bridge and then some twisty lane/road takes you out on the Dunlop bridge circle.

This expressway is real cool. When I was in Kolkata sometime back I took this expressway to reach airport. I timed the drive from the time we got on the expressway from dakshineswar (had to go opposite to the airport to reach the ramp as I wanted to try it out at any cost) till I got down off it. The whole journey from Dakshineswar till the landing at the airport took me... guess what... only 8 minutes!!! That too in a Amby. Its super cool.

Only problem is that all those living on either side of the expressway use the median (and sometimes even the road) for their evening stroll! On top of that at some places the unruly people have broken the median and even the sidewalls to make unauthorized entry and U-turn points. A Santro surprised us when it all of a sudden vaulted on to the expressway from nowhere (Actually from one of those mud roads below the expressway came and merged there and people have broken the siderails to make that entry point.
Old 29th August 2007, 13:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

arey what is the POA - Banalakshmi / Bolpur or Uluberia? if everything goes well Planet will love to join us (her 3rd long drive after 2 years) and i will not have to stick to 60KPH speed (remember Kolaghat drive?) with worn out tyres & messy suspension.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th August 2007 at 13:36.
Old 29th August 2007, 13:47   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
arey what is the POA - Banalakshmi / Bolpur or Uluberia? if everything goes well Planet will love to join us (her 3rd long drive after 2 years) and i will not have to stick to 60KPH speed (remember Kolaghat drive?) with worn out tyres & messy suspension.
it seems that only planet and bp are interested.. no replies from others
Old 29th August 2007, 14:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
it seems that only planet and bp are interested.. no replies from others
50-50 for me, as always.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:02   #38
BHPian

When r u guys planning this meet? I'm busy on all weekends till the 16th, free from 22nd onwards.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

50-50 for me too. It's been crazy at work recently, and things dont look set to ease up. So you guys come up with a final POA... i'll do my utmost to join in.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

@ wimwian - the date has not been finalized yet - 22nd and 29th Sept will suite other i guess. i am game for it always. but sooner would have been better. btw, i lost track of the new members - Sabyasachi (XetaGLGRocks) is another IT wala. i think we should bring him in - IMO he is a friend of 1100D.

@ shuvc - 50-50 chances - huh! you always show up - so i guess you will be there.

@ Razor - dont worry - theres enough time yaar! take it easy

@ shuvd - uhm! kahan hai tu?

@ Others - please let us know - whether you guys are game for the meet or not.

@ Adhiraj - you @ bangy? will miss you yaar.

Mera 2 paisa:

Option 1: Bolpur / Banalakshmi:
meet / gather@: after Haldiram's (after you get down from Rajarhat & VIP Rd connecting flyover)
Date: 22nd / 29th September
Time: around 7AM
POA: drive & ???

Option 2: Uluberia (which route do we take?):
meet / gather@: ???
Time: 7am
POA: drive & ???

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th August 2007 at 15:52.
Old 29th August 2007, 18:21   #41
BHPian

@planet - I am in, but will finally decide depending on the date. For Uluberia, we can gather a li'l late, but, preferably around 7 for Vanalakshmi.
Old 29th August 2007, 20:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I missed the date part. 22nd/29th Sept is almost a year away! I was thinking this was being planned for this weekend. You dont need a months planning to go to Bolpur, you do it on a 5 minute fickle headedness. Yeah, I admit, you cant arrange everybody in that timeline.

If you get XetaGLGRocks (what a name!) ask him to bring his guitar just for showing it to the members. Later give him a peg or two and then fiddle around with the instrument with inexperienced hands, it always works!!

Wherever you people go, keep the Lulung trip for the time I get back!!
Old 29th August 2007, 20:40   #43
BHPian

guys please dont plan a meet on this coming Sunday as I have to attend a meet for the ThinkDigit forum's Calcutta members this Sunday...I'm free on the next Sunday...but I say lets not go out of Calcutta since I will need to go to office on Monday...and as far as this meet is concerned surely count me in...I somehow had to skip the last meet and I regret that...
Old 30th August 2007, 09:42   #44
BHPian

Cool!

But me still dont have 1) A driving license 2) A Car

All the best! and drive safe!
Old 30th August 2007, 10:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

@ Saurabh da - i think Vanalakshmi sounds more tempting than Uluberia.

@ 1100D - i have already said that sooner would have been better - but i always want everybody to go for the meet and thats why i think 22nd or 29th is better.
We planned to go to Lulung? when? where is Lulung? hey even i would love to go there. so when are you coming back?

@ Bobby - relax buddy! the date is not fixed yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks