Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 18:27   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
How about meeting up just before the Haldiram flyover on the Rajarhat side? Say in front of the HM (Shah Automobiles) showroom?
And can we make it a little later than 9?
Haldiram is fine with me.

It will take us approx 3.5 hrs (I might take a bit more, coz would need a small stop for Kito's lunch) to reach. So 10am start would mean 1:30pm earliest. Then check in etc. Lunch der ho jayga.

Or - we could do a staggered start ...
The tortoises can start early.
The hares can start 30-45 minutes later
Old 19th September 2007, 18:30   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
like i said - i am too good with road directions, numbers & maths - lets stick to Shuvc's plan - last time i took Delhi road instead of NH6 - remember?

@ Razor - we (south cal walas - shuvd, razor, wim @ group, rocker & group) will gather in front of Nicco Park @ around 9 (i will have to pick up etc & she take a bit of time always) and meet shuvc near Haldiram Flyover / shah automobiles. what say @ shuvc?

@ Razor - wake up early - drive to NPark and please donot try bump drafting the fiat - that will be of no use
@Rocker : Don't forget "Me" the south-est cal wallah guys! I'll come down to Nicco park as well.

BTW : My ICE upgrade is complete. Upgraded to a
SONY XPLOD : XM-554ZR amp and

SONY XPLOD : XS-L104P5B Sub
Old 19th September 2007, 18:36   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Haldiram is fine with me.

It will take us approx 3.5 hrs (I might take a bit more, coz would need a small stop for Kito's lunch) to reach. So 10am start would mean 1:30pm earliest. Then check in etc. Lunch der ho jayga.

Or - we could do a staggered start ...
The tortoises can start early.
The hares can start 30-45 minutes later
hehe! yeah right - i know i know! whatever it is - i will be following you guys...you guys cant even wait for me? i wont take much time to catch up.
Old 19th September 2007, 18:46   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hehe! yeah right - i know i know! whatever it is - i will be following you guys...you guys cant even wait for me? i wont take much time to catch up.
Don't worry @planet. For this trip me tortoise too. Since may need to stop for Kito.
Old 19th September 2007, 20:38   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry @planet. For this trip me tortoise too. Since may need to stop for Kito.
Something suggests you'll be a sleeping hare!
Old 19th September 2007, 23:36   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Razor - wake up early
Therin lies the problem
But it's cool... will make it to Nicco Park at 9am. Would suggest we stick together (with the ocassional pause to allow 'catching-up').

Anyone who knows the route, pls make some tentative rest stop plans. Could prove handy for all of us!
Old 20th September 2007, 11:03   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post

BTW : My ICE upgrade is complete. Upgraded to a

SONY XPLOD :XM-554ZR amp and SONY XPLOD : XS-L104P5B Sub
looks like the drive will be booming with basstubes/subs/co-axs/components

Quote:
Therin lies the problem
But it's cool... will make it to Nicco Park at 9am. Would suggest we stick together (with the ocassional pause to allow 'catching-up').

Anyone who knows the route, pls make some tentative rest stop plans. Could prove handy for all of us!
no problem buddy! i have the same problem as well. i will have to wake up early, bring my car from the garage and pick up ETC and the CTS techies from Bhawanipore - so waking up and making it to NP by 9 is nothing - take your time. and TIA. one of the CTS techies knows the route quite well - but he will be in a M800 - lets see what can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Something suggests you'll be a sleeping hare!
hehehe! but he will be able to overtake the tortoises in no time.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 20th September 2007 at 11:06.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:05   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Although have travelled a few times, I am very bad with remembering sequence of landmarks. But lemme start at least.

Lets say we start at Haldiram. Some landmarks on the way which could serve as catch-up points.

- 1st toll booth right after crossing the new bally bridge.
- 2nd toll booth at Dankuni, I think < 30 mins from the first.
- After this we could stop at a couple of fuel stations on the left. IIRC, one is IOL another HP. Both have passable loo facilities.
- Cross Singur on the way
- 3rd toll booth at Palsit - forget whether this is after Panagarh or before. Anyway, Shaktigarh can be another stop. Can't miss the lyangcha shops.

All this while it's a straight road. No way one can get lost. The first turn would be at Panagarh. It is very easy to understand that you are reaching Panagarh. The 'GQ-quality' highway ends just before entering the town via a culvert. Can't miss it. Last time I went, 50mts of that road was purely Landcruiser worthy. It transforms into a regular road without a divider for a couple of kms through the town. After you exit Panagarh town, the 4 lane highway starts again. If you hit that you know you have overshot the Santiniketan turn at Panagarh.

I'd suggest ALL of us regroup at the end of the highway just before Panagarh.

A couple of inputs.
- Toll charges are 25/-, 35/-, 35/- for the three booths. One way. Same amounts will be required on Sunday.
- We could all set our trip meters to zero/note current odo reading, at Haldiram. This way, distance-travelled-from-start-reading will help the hares and the tortoises to gauge where they are wrt each other

Last edited by shuvc : 20th September 2007 at 12:08.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:32   #174
Senior - BHPian

@ Planet - Is there a bar in the hotel?
Old 20th September 2007, 12:34   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- 3rd toll booth at Palsit - forget whether this is after Panagarh or before. Anyway, Shaktigarh can be another stop. Can't miss the lyangcha shops.

All this while it's a straight road. No way one can get lost. The first turn would be at Panagarh. It is very easy to understand that you are reaching Panagarh. The 'GQ-quality' highway ends just before entering the town via a culvert. Can't miss it. Last time I went, 50mts of that road was purely Landcruiser worthy. It transforms into a regular road without a divider for a couple of kms through the town. After you exit Panagarh town, the 4 lane highway starts again. If you hit that you know you have overshot the Santiniketan turn at Panagarh.
Palsit is before Burddhaman...ya dont miss the mihidanas and sitabhogs as well alongwith the langchas, there are couple of good shops on the highway itself...

Once you enter town there is clear signages, mentioning right turn Siuri (70km) & Durgapur (straight 20 km), this is Darjeeling More take right...you cannot miss it...

Abhi
Old 20th September 2007, 12:51   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Planet - Is there a bar in the hotel?
nope they dont ....i am sorry yaar! the place (Prantik) is 2.5kms away from proper Bolpur/santiniketan and has a lot of wannabe farm houses and i have heard that it is quite "chupchap" / peaceful. but i am not sure about the later.

just kidding! they do have a bar - Jhulan or something. but if they dont - we can carry our own stuff from Kolkata (just in case)
Old 20th September 2007, 15:52   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After you exit Panagarh town, the 4 lane highway starts again. If you hit that you know you have overshot the Santiniketan turn at Panagarh.
you have to travel about a hundred metres on the 4 lane highway before the turn comes. but you cannot miss it. but please be careful about the turn as quite a lot of accidents take place there. and Palsit is way before Panagarh.
Old 20th September 2007, 15:57   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
you have to travel about a hundred metres on the 4 lane highway before the turn comes. but you cannot miss it
Oho ! I was wrong then. This means the turn is AFTER crossing Panagarh town ?
Old 20th September 2007, 16:37   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oho ! I was wrong then. This means the turn is AFTER crossing Panagarh town ?
yes, just after crossing the Panagarh town.
after taking the right turn at Darjeeling More you have to travel around 35 Kms approx to reach Illambajar more. There will be a big triangle there. You have to take the right lane to go to Bolpur. The boards are there, so you cannot miss that too. The left one goes to Bakreshwar. We take this route while going to Siliguri. Sorry for going O.T. Just showing off my navigational skills..
Old 20th September 2007, 16:57   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Sorry for going O.T. Just showing off my navigational skills..
not a problem - too bad that we will be missing you during the drive. but like its always said - therez always a next time.

Most Viewed