Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where do you think we should drive to?
Kumarakom! I love backwaters. 7 29.17%
Vagamon! I love hills and grasslands 10 41.67%
Other! (Please specify) 1 4.17%
I am not coming! I love my bed! 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:02   #61
BANNED

Congrats on the promptness!!! You said you would be back by 8.00 PM and at 8.23, we have the feedbacks coming in!!!
You guys forget that you follow IST, eh?
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:33   #62
BHPian

hi guys , you all were lucky for today ,me and the family missed out the great fun, any ways looking forward to meet you all guys some time,cheers any way !
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:06   #63
BHPian

Here is one more. more to follow
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Zak!!! werz ur "WAGON R"????

@biju..GREAT PIC!!

Last edited by JayD : 2nd September 2007 at 23:23.
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Whew! That was some drive! I enjoyed every moment of it.

I got back home just a while back. We did get back quite some time back, but the post-meet moving around took some time

I will post photos and a report soon (got a few snaps with my mobile, and got a lot of them from KPhilip's camera). A few videos were also taken (shudder!) which will be posted by xinome tomorrow.

It was really nice to meet the families of the BHPians and to welcome the new BHPians.

Xinome, hats off to you, for coming to Kochi from Trivandrum for the meet. Folks, he reached in Kochi in the middle of the night yesterday, and he's leaving only tomorrow morning. The drive would not have been the same if not for you. Please make it for every drive/meet. With Xinome in the car, KPhilip and I did not need to resort to much of the cars' ICE. Xinome is a walking, talking In-Car Entertainment system all to himself!

Zak, thanks for organizing the meet. I really needed the break and this is one day I'm gonna look back at, and be nostalgic about for quite a few years to come.

Steeroid, thanks for pushing me over the fence -- I was not in a position to come for the drive today, but wanted very much to come. Speaking to you on saturday really got me so worked-up about wanting to come, I managed to fix all of todays commitments "favourably".

KPhilip, thanks for not leaving me alone in the car with xinome. I may have sustained serious and irreparable brain damage at the end of the drive, if not for your company in the car. I owe you my sanity

My dearest Palio, thanks for getting me, kphilip and xinome back in one piece. I love you.

Last edited by hydrashok : 2nd September 2007 at 23:27.
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:53   #66
BHPian

dear biju ,that is a great picture ,but where is the verna which nikki quotes in his recent post ? i think my family really missed it !
Old 3rd September 2007, 01:09   #67
BANNED

The only grub many had about this meet was; this had to be an overnighter!
Guys! What we experienced today (well, It's almost yesterday now) is something never explainable in words. I feel very sorry for all those who missed this one. Everybody had a good time. The kids, women, bachelors, marrieds, old, young, drinkers, non drinkers and kids. All enjoyed it! Special mention of Xinome, as he was emptying plates of fried rice thinking it was something else. He also saw the Pine tree branches and assumed to be noodles growing on it.

Thanks everybody for coming and making this get together so enjoyable. The drive would've been no better without you all.
Special thanks to all the ladies and kids who came with the crazy band of BHPians. Especially Vivek's mom and dad who had took extra efforts to come. They had to leave home by 6am or so I guess. I am humbled by your great interest in this meet.
All those who got wet/drenched/soaked/sank in the very much expected rain, thanks for the keenness and patience shown. Be careful for some days ahead, fever is something which is deadly these days. There're some good pics of how some BHPians would look if they had to do a Mandakini in Ram tere ganga.....! Complete with the costumes and not!

Hey, It's too late and I'm too lazy now to thank rest of you all. So, let me sleep! You guys were a lots of fun and would like to meet you all soon. BTW, did I say Good night? Ok.

@BijuPaul. After spending some time with you and getting to know your camera bags, I expected something great and it was worth the expectation. Yes, I'm waiting for more. Please keep it coming!
Old 3rd September 2007, 07:35   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merains View Post
dear biju ,that is a great picture ,but where is the verna which nikki quotes in his recent post ? i think my family really missed it !
hmmm.... 'vivekji05' returned a bit early.... and so the Verna!!!
well... what you guys missed is some 'real fun' in the life!! yeaah!!!

Btw..... herez the place where we all had 'masti' yesterday!!

CLEAR??!

Last edited by nikkibike : 3rd September 2007 at 07:41.
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Nice drive guys and fabulous pics...

I specially liked the fleet of cars/SUVs with their fogs on in FOG...Excellent

Abhi
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:27   #70
BHPian

Hey guys , That was one awesome drive with the families of the team-bhpians.Special thanx to zac to make this happen..I really appreciate the dedication of Xinome to come all the way from trivandrum to attend it..As hydrashock said, his mouth is an open highway, never ending..Well Pics taken were all excellent..Hope hydra will post it soon. It was an event full of glory, happiness, sadness, anger, hunger,excitement and lot more emotions which just cant be explained in my poor literature.Chikku bike as usual cheerful with his wife and kid..Steroid with his highly tuned machine was a treat to watch while taking curves, hey forgot, he put a new alloy on his safari for the trip..
The best part was the drenching part , we got soaked in the rain and took a room to make ourself dry.Hydrashok, xinome and zac tried to dry their clothes in the most primitive ways they could do, the videos will be uploaded soon.. ;-) forgot, today is monday , back to office, huh!! will be narrating the events soon.Cant believe it was a one day trip!
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Duplicate Post - Please Delete!

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd September 2007 at 08:49.
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I'm amazed that many of you had the energy left to get online and post at night - I was happily tired at the end of the drive. Signs of old age, I guess.

Great trip - wish it had been an overnighter like Zak said, but from previous experience there are very few takers for overnight trips.

As it turned out, the quorum was just right, the crowd was perfect - everyone mixed very well. The extra garnish to the mix was indeed Mr. I-Dont-Know-What-My-Name-Or-Nick-Means, Mr. Shabeeth Baker AKA Xinome. He should be renamed "Fun Unlimited" (at least that means something!). Nice meeting you, Shabeeth.

The incident on the return trip could've been avoided, but it turned into fun all the same.

I want that picture of the Daadi by the Saddam Bridge in Bagdad City.

PS: @ Psycho - you need to do your magic all over again. The Tata chaps have almost nullified all your good work and the vehicle is rolling into tight + fast corners like before.
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:55   #73
BHPian

Looks like you guys had a great time. What nice way to worsen my monday morning blues... am kicking myself for not taking the plunge. Trust Zak to pull off a quick one like this successfully. Cheers.
Old 3rd September 2007, 09:03   #74
Senior - BHPian

bad...miss Kerala....lovely pics. Please post more.
Steeroid in town?
Old 3rd September 2007, 09:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Uber-long photologue coming up soon. I'm right now sorting photos, removing number-plates and writing up the story

Most Viewed