Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Where do you think we should drive to?
Kumarakom! I love backwaters. 7 29.17%
Vagamon! I love hills and grasslands 10 41.67%
Other! (Please specify) 1 4.17%
I am not coming! I love my bed! 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 20:38   #1
BANNED

A weekend drive in Kerala. EDIT: Now accomplished! (Reports & pics from post #60)

Hi to all BHPians who happens to be in Kerala this week. This is especially for you.

It's been a while after Monsoon Mayhem and some good meets in Kerala. Many were busy attending to the busy schedules before Onam and there was hardly any good get together by Team-BHPians. Nikki organised a private party and was attended by many Team-BHPians. Other than that everything was a bit quiet last month. The rains were too good this time too. It also made many cuddle up in bed/work and they hardly popped out of it. This was something I had gone through too. LOL!!

Now, as Onam is over and the rains have disappeared a bit. Isn't it time we all think about a meet? As the roads have almost disappeared from our state, it does make sense to check out the craters which replaced it. Yes, many roads were repaired just before Onam arrived (just to make sure that Mahabali Tampuran doesn't fall into paathaalam) and some didn't loose it's originality yet.
Many Keralites are now in Kerala due to the holiday/festival season. A drive this weekend to some cool location sounds good for a meet this time. What say?

There are some good options available. First of all, let's keep this somewhere around Cochin-Alleppey-Highrange-MidKerala. This way, almost anybody from any part of Kerala will be able to attend.
Vagamon
is a nice drive from Cochin, Trissur and Trivandrum. Those who stay further up north may have to drive a bit long or have to come to Cochin for an overnight stay.
Kumarakom is also a very good location. Not very far from any part of Kerala. We can also add a boat ride and lots of Karimeen!

More options/suggestions are welcome. But please wind it up by tomorrow. Saturday, we will do some final planning and we will set off on Sunday (02-09-2007).

Please do vote now and let's roll it again!
Old 30th August 2007, 21:35   #2
BHPian

I do not know what im doing here in Andhra while all things are happening back home in kochi. Needless to say, i can not make it. All the best and u guys enjoy! BTW, u can think seriously bout Munnar, since the whole idea behind this is to have good drive, an early morning trip to munnar will be the right tonic. The views are breath taking, The roads are good(normally-been a year since i had gone last time). However give it a thought. meanwhile i continue to
Old 30th August 2007, 21:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... Where's xinome? Am sure he'll pounce on this thread!

Its going to be a one-day event, right?
Old 30th August 2007, 22:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am game as always, yet to poll as I am with majority!
Old 30th August 2007, 22:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

I'd have loved to come (wherever the drive is to), but my Sis is here this weekend (after being away for a year) so I don't think I'll make it.

BTW, is this a one day only (Sunday only) program?
Old 31st August 2007, 00:50   #6
BANNED

It Is A One Day Trip!

Please note! This is a one day trip! (SUNDAY 02-09-07 ONLY).
Nobody will be allowed to stay behind after 8PM!! Yes, you will be kicked off in your backside and pushed inside your home after that!

That means you are welcome to bring your families with. Yes, it includes that 'soon to be' families too. Girlfriends, wives, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, uncles, aunties, grandmas, grandpas and pets are welcome too.
Make sure you keep us informed of how many they are so that we have a fair idea of what it is going to be like.

Regarding the location, it seems like Athirappilly can also be added as it is full with water and is roaring to it's max these days. Will be wonderful to catch some snaps and have a lazy lunch around. Otherwise, Kumarakom seems to be the favorite as of now.

Last edited by speedzak : 31st August 2007 at 00:51.
Old 31st August 2007, 05:46   #7
BHPian

I would love to join. Please inform about the route and action plan. You can also contact me in 9995103575
Old 31st August 2007, 05:49   #8
BHPian

Hey, Let me know about the plan in advance. I'll invite some friends too.
Old 31st August 2007, 06:11   #9
BHPian

well I thought i would catch up with you guys atleast for the next meet but since i am held up in Qatar .. and am on the lookout for work here i shall not be able to make it .. (yet again) hmmm .. anyways , you boys have all the fun .. Kumarakom sounds like the perfect spot to be at now but hows the fever scene that side now? all been washed away by rains i hope !! all the same .. have a blast .. do take lotsa pics so I atleast get to see some real green .. take care
Old 31st August 2007, 08:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Regarding the location, it seems like Athirappilly can also be added as it is full with water and is roaring to it's max these days. Will be wonderful to catch some snaps and have a lazy lunch around.
Athirapally would be equidistant from Coimbatore also I guess. The drive through valparai is to die for
Old 31st August 2007, 09:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

I love hills & so Vagamon...but very sorry I'm not in Kerala now..will be back only on sunday
Old 31st August 2007, 10:37   #12
BHPian

wooooah!!! nice idea Zak!!

hmm... am IN!! Probably with family or with friends! Gotta talk to wify about her decision! Anyways am IN! he he!!
Old 31st August 2007, 10:55   #13
BHPian

vagamon is a very good drive. Enjoy guys
Old 31st August 2007, 11:20   #14
BHPian

speedzak, nice plan. i think trips like this would be fun. but my cousin brother's marriage is on sunday at aluva and after that i'll have to rush back to trivandrum on sunday itself because it's my first day at office on monday.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:37   #15
BHPian

As of now i am game. Some of my friends are in town and they are also planning a trip this weekend.

As harry suggested, Athirappally will be a good option considering the valpara drive.

Most Viewed