View Poll Results: Drive destination?
Lavasa + Mulshi 4 26.67%
Panchgani + Mahabaleshwar 7 46.67%
Lonavala + Amby Valley 4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 09:04   #61
BHPian

Guys, I am going to try and make it on Sunday with my wife and son. Hope to see everyone at 7am.

Raja
Old 28th September 2007, 10:35   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
For that you can come home anytime man.. Why not you guyz try to make it tomo nite .. We can just go for some coffee. Ask Shrivz and MF and the others
Cheersss
Done. We'll call you and drop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Guys, I am going to try and make it on Sunday with my wife and son. Hope to see everyone at 7am.
Raja
Great to know Raja. It'll be great fun.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:09   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
7:30 am is right and thats still 1 hour and 30 mins from Bombay.

Hey,

I thought we were meeting at 7.30 am and we get approx 15 mins grace time extra since we are coming from right next door eh.

Viper
Old 29th September 2007, 10:12   #64
BHPian

oopsey..
guys, cant make it tomorrow. got a family function to attend.
Old 29th September 2007, 10:22   #65
BANNED

And so the cancellations begin. MF & Shrivz pl confirm as to who all are coming positively so that we can decide our program here.

Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
oopsey..
guys, cant make it tomorrow. got a family function to attend.
Old 29th September 2007, 11:07   #66
BHPian

Jiggy, dont worry, we are there!!

I'll send a shout out to the others now..

List from pune:

Shrivz
MF
Karl
Dhaval + 1 friend
payam
swale84 (will try)
FatalError (will try)
Old 29th September 2007, 20:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

Whats the latest count ? I could be driving down.
Old 1st October 2007, 10:01   #68
Team-BHP Support

Here's the final showdown of people in the order of appearance:

Raja + Family (Merc 124)
Determinus (Palio 1.6 GTX - Came by to say bye to all of us)
MF (Walking)
karlosdeville (President - Souped up to 450 bhp now and running in the engine)
V-16 + Viper (Bang on target at 0731 hrs - Honda City VTEC with a jetfighter engine)
1self (Hyundai Elantra Petrol 120 bhp + Mr 1self another 200 bhp)
shrivzelle (Baleeeno - Sleeper)
etchemkay (Palio 1.2 GTX)
Joined later Ekdum Normally_Crazy (Skoda Octavia vRS).
Joined even later Mr. Bush (EVO6 driving a VW Passat)

I don't have a single picture of the drive so no report from my side. Great fun and one hell of a great drive.
Old 1st October 2007, 15:04   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I don't have a single picture of the drive so no report from my side. Great fun and one hell of a great drive.
Strangely, neither do I. Bombay Boys (read Gogi), this ones entirely yours. And dont leave out the Willys jeeps, the junked taxis et al.
Old 1st October 2007, 17:07   #70
BANNED

Hey,

At least put up a report you guys. All the pics are with Gogi, & Shirvz.

Viper
Old 1st October 2007, 18:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Great!! Where do I begin? This was a meet which was unique. Unique I say because it involved a lot of elements, like a true Hindi Movie Potboiler... Got you guys interested and inquisitive didn't I? Read on;

Viper was going to pick me up sharp at 5.45 a.m. and we were scheduled to leave at 6.00. True to his word he was there at the scheduled hour on the dot (or should I say a tad bit before time) and we left precisely at the scheduled hour (actually 06:04 hrs). Seat belts strapped on, Viper stepped on the Gas (literally) screaching the expressway within 20 minutes and whizzing past all and sundry in his Vtec to reach the scheduled spot at Chandni Chowk bridge at exactly 07.31 hrs.
A word here about Viper's Vtec. Thats a crazy car. It moves as if its rear was on fire. (are you sure you want to swap this beaut with a B16/A?). Its God Damn too good man. With a pumped up suspension, Lenzo Rims shod with Yokohama Tyres and Wilwood 4 piston brake Discs, the city hugged the bends and took the dips and bumps all in its stride. The engine is a peach or should I say a screech. Great power. Travel time from Dadar T.T. to Pune. 1 HR and 28 minutes. Wow!!
We were greeted with the usual suspects at the bridge all very impressed with our punctuality. While we waited for the rest to gather, the whiff of fresh Vada Pav in the morning got the better of us and soon we were all gorging on Hot Vada pavs. All in position we headed towards Panchgani after a brief refueling stop.
Now a note about Karlosdeville's Premier President which he was driving like a man possessed. That damn thing can move. All the while which ever pittstop we made the damn thing was ahead as if it took some secret path to get above us. All of us thought that when we reach a destination we would have to wait for Karl to reach in a few moments but to our utter surprise, he would be ther to greet us with famous grin.
On the way seated besides Jiggy adeptly guiding the Vtec through the curves and bends of the Ghats one could only be amazed at the way that car handles hugging each curve at speeds in excess of 75kmph without a single squeal of protest. I almost feel like buying a Vtec and giving it the exact same treatment.
Panchgani was reached at record time too and we got our famished selves some good breakfast at the trusted Lucky's restaurant. A lot of burgers with cheese(yes, for breakfast), Akuri, Omelette, Brun-chai, etc etc later we headed for Table land where we planned t have our photo shoot. To out dismay all car entry has been banned at the table land so we turned around and drove directly to Mahableshwar.
Shrivz in his Baleno and 1self in his Elantra kept the road alive with their antics on the way, Ghat or no Ghat sometimes (mostly) giving us the royal scare with their driving. We reached Bagicha Restaurant with its cutouts of famous personalities having eaten there and placed out order for lunch which was slated for 2:00 pm. If we too the time travelled on the road less the time we took when we stopped for re grouping, breakfast etc, we did Bombay to Mahableshwar in less than 3 hours. Wow!!
HAving taken care of the most important part (ordering Lunch) we headed for Viper's sprawling Bunglow at Mahableshwar. Beautiful place this. Lovely manicured gardens and a beautiful period place. Since we had a lot of time before 2:00 pm a few of the group under the able guidance and leadership of Moralfibre left for the market.....to do what else but to get our stock of Beer and Breezers. I sat on the grass trying to get myself closer to the Mother Earth. Just love the smell of wet mud, Grass, all the things that we do not get in metros and cities, basically clean, unpolluted air.
Some pics were taken which I will post later, and we were all just getting in the mood and waiting for the guys to return from the market well stocked, when Viper's cell rang and as he was speaking I could see that he was getting tense.......!!
Viper announced that N_C who was heading towards us has had an accident in the Katraj Ghats. That worried us all. Was he safe, was anyone hurt, how bad was the accident, etc etc?
We spoke to N_C and found that all was ok but his car was damaged as some moron in his 800 coming downhill at great speed misjudged the hairpin and obviously lost control and rammed his car into N_C's RS. We called the guys to forget the booze, it was time to get to NC. 1Self and Shrivz sped away to the spot while we waited for the guys and zoomed off sooner on their tail, I was now with Karl in his President followed by Raja in his newly acquired 124.
We reached the spot to learn that N_C had proceeded to Poona as his car though damaged at the rear dead axel was drivable. The 800 was history.
We caught up with the convoy doing approx 40-50kmph and all of us reached Acumen Motors, Pune where EVO6 joined us having learnt about the mishap.
What happened later I will add in my further report later in the night as i have to go somewhere, but we were all really relieved that none of the persons involved in this mishap were hurt. There were people in N_C's car as well as in the other car too. God had been kind.
PS: pics I will post later. Guys what about additions to the report.

Last edited by V-16 : 1st October 2007 at 18:46.
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:00   #72
BHPian

Here's my set of pictures: Picasa Web Albums - Shrivatsa - T-BHP Mahabal...

The accident was scary, but thanks to N_C's quick judgement, a headon was avoided. Skoda's build quality showed and all thanks to that, nobody was injured! and yes, God had been kind.

Everyone was co-operative and helpful. Again, the spirit of team-bhp showed! We are here for each other through thick and thin!

shrivz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Shrivz in his Baleno and 1self in his Elantra kept the road alive with their antics on the way
next time please give me a kick when I do something stupid . I have to admit, I do get carried away.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd October 2007 at 03:08. Reason: multiple posts merged
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you guys had a nice time apart from the accident obviously.

NC - Tune phir apni gaadi thok di? Kuch to sharam kar yaar On a serious note, good to know that there were no injuries & that you were able to drive her back to Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
I have to admit, I do get carried away.
That's ok young man, that's how we learn! Nothing to be sorry about, it's part & parcel of a normal person's life development cycle.

Last edited by iraghava : 2nd October 2007 at 01:12.
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:46   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
btw, most pics courtesy etchemkay!
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

guys it sounds like tons of fun. it is nice to hear that no one was hurt in the accident and it could be taken to the city. nice pictures shrivz and etchemkay.
hope to be able to join you guys soon, man i am missing all the fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks