Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2004, 01:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Oct. 07 2004,23:10)]Even saw woman driving a 1 "horse" power machine. What say "Revv/Rehaan". Hahaha....
Hahaha... i guess we all see women driving one "man" power insane every day. Don't we? *

Revv

Old 8th October 2004, 02:06   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Did you use Adobe Premiere for the editing purpose? How did you compress the AVI file? Uncompressed, every minute of footage takes 100 MB disc space.
Hey Satish,

I actually used Ulead Video studio. Its great for cut and paste editing and stuff...however the version i had totally lacked any transition effects that were worth using. They were all cheap 2D effect (i used one in the vid if u noticed)...the rest are all simple crossfades.
I compressed using the Xvid codec. "1st pass - quality" setting. It probably is Divx, basically MPEG4.
The cameras that i shoot on compess using the MJPEG codec (large files),.... but still not 100MB per minute. ie most of the video was shot at 640x480@15fps =42MB/sec. However the expressway shots were taken at 30fps to get the wheels spinning to look like that etc etc. the camera can shoot at 640x480fine@30fps =120MB/sec (but u run out of memory real quick!)

Actually the above is about my Canon S1 IS, which is basically a still camera, but has an awesome movie mode!. Used it with a 512MB card and kept dumping onto Revvs laptop.
I also used a Canon A70 (30sec video limit) for some clips with a 256MB card...and dippy had one of those too for some shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Enjoyed.. the Vtec...
and the Accent too (without it, no video!)
Lol, yeah its too bad we didnt get more accent footage coz the high speed cornering in that car would have made some awesome footage....not to mention a couple of massive water spashes etc :P but since i was almost always in the accent i only got to shoot the VTEC.

As Sahil said, the track is Chemical brothers - Star guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]A few things.. ... *which could have been there were
1) Speedo... Tacho
2) Rehaan's pic.. while.. in Accent's diki.... for capturing Vtec.
3) The music was gr8.. but would have loved.. some more.. real life sounds, like engine sound, talking....
1) yeah there was so much room for improvement in this vid!...actually we did not have any plans of really making a vid like this!! It just happened! *also a lot real fun times were not taken on video.... well hey...theres always next time!
2) Stratos has a pic, he was also in the boot with me for some of the time helping to hold the bootlid open! lol ....if u notice at the absolute end of the vid someone pops out of the car to take a pic. Will post it soon.
3) I agree with you...i wanted some engine sounds too...but the thing is that there was SO much windnoise and the camera mics arent that great at all that it was more noise than engine noise... so i decided to do only music.
Not to mention i did this whole thing on my rundown comp at home which was a P2 with 128mb ram!! lol.... thats why i had to come back to college and use my REAL computer to compress it, coz my other comp kept crashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Has Rehaan put any of the ghat section videos we took?
Dload the vid Shan2nu man...i cant believe u still havent seen it!... got a bit of the ghat footage... too bad the camera was so difficult to hold still especcially when cornering. *those one way ghats were awesome man!!! (oh yeah...thats worth a mention that at the begining of the video that isnt dangerous overtaking u see...its a one way ghat!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] would be of great help if someone can upload it in ZIP or RAR format
Will do and PM u the link.

Glad to see quite a few of you managed the 50MB dload!
thanks for the feedback.

maybe if i have some more free time i will make an even more compressed version....but that will be MUCH later.
Also if u cant bear the 50mb dload u can pick up the CD from one of the mods.

cheers
R

Old 8th October 2004, 03:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Stratos has a pic, he was also in the boot with me for some of the time helping to hold the bootlid open! lol ....if u notice at the absolute end of the vid someone pops out of the car to take a pic. Will post it soon.
You ask for it, you get it.

Revv
Old 8th October 2004, 04:02   #19
SLK
Senior - BHPian

hey... thanks.. rehaan... for.. asnwering.. all.. Qs

I'll also. try Ulead .. studio now..
I tried Pinnacle Studio.. BAD...
I tried. Adobe premiere.. Over my head!!!... and needed.. some.. dual processor xeon system... with gbs and gbs of RAM.
Now.. if i ever do.. i do manual type.. copy.. paste.. in windows media encoder. then i miss out on divx.

Thanks.. Revv.. for posting the pic...
Old 8th October 2004, 05:50   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SLK @ Oct. 08 2004,02:32)]. then i miss out on divx.
Hey SLK,

I guess i like Ulead coz its what im used to....i like it a lot for editing...but dont expect any cool effects at all.

About missing out on divx..... (well firstly let me say that i dont use divx since it is full of spyware)...however i seem to remember on some version of Divx all u had to do was open the config and just specify an AVI file to encode and it would do it for you. No need for and videditing program.

cheers
R

ps - alternatives to the divx codec are Xvid and 3ivx
thanks for the pic Revv.
Old 8th October 2004, 12:57   #21

Just saw the video...Awesome stuff there!!! Seems like you guys really had a wonderful time. GTO, your VTEC sure looks great in the video and great wheels on your Accent, Rehaan! And Rehaan, awesome work done by you....

Kimibabe...
Old 8th October 2004, 13:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

This video is really good . Unfortunately the video I started to make is just done half havent been able to complete it cause of office and I can work on it in office only cause I have a real high end pc to myself here. But will try to finish it soon.

Hey the karting stuff was cool and I'm sure you guys remember that I crashed in the pits on one occasion too

Dippy
Old 8th October 2004, 17:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the tech stuff Rehan.

I have both Adobe Premiere 7 and Ulead Video Studio. I capture videos from my Panasonic camcorder in to my PC and then edit them. My final output is VCD. I don't use any encoders. I am unhappy with the final output of the movie in both the softwares. I am not configuring something properly.
Old 8th October 2004, 22:28   #24
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Anyone want an avatar?

Name:  TBHP vtec.gif
Views: 148
Size:  150.0 KB
or
Name:  TBHP Animation1.gif
Views: 183
Size:  26.7 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2008 at 11:20. Reason: Animated gifs replaced after moving to our server for hosting as JPGs
Old 8th October 2004, 22:51   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Anyone want an avatar?
Awesome stuff SLK. Thanks. Right clicked and saved.

GTO
Old 9th October 2004, 00:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Avtaar there SLK... gr8 work.

Revv
Old 9th October 2004, 02:25   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]My final output is VCD. I don't use any encoders. I am unhappy with the final output of the movie in both the softwares. I am not configuring something properly
Hey Satish,
Firstly, when u copy the video from the camera are u happy with the quality before the edit?
I think your problem is the fact that you are making the video a VCD!
VCD res is pretty low, (352 X ~288), plus u say that u dont use any encoding, but if i am not mistaken saving as a VCD itself uses MPG encoding.

Now the question is, are u saving on VCDs coz u wanna view the CDs directly on a VCD player, or can you afford to save the video on a CD that can be viewed only on a computer in exchange for much better quality?

If u can afford to save only for computer viewing, then i would suggest saving the output at a higher res (640x480 or whatever the original aspect ratio was), and use a MPEG4 codec (ie Xvid, 3ivx etc ...not divx coz of spyware..but these codecs can compress in the divx format....i can send u the installer if u wish.)
Encoding is pretty processor intensive...but it will save u filesize..... so check it out...and get back to me with more questions after u have played with it a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Hey SLK,
awesome work on the avatars man!!!
However members please keep in mind that the vid-avatar is 151kb...... so ...i hate to say this...but try not to use it on TBHP coz it will slow pageloads down as well as increase bandwith load *:-| but do save it to your computer (and use it on some other message board.. *lol

cya
R

ps - have uploaded a .zip file for u digital vampire...will PM u the link. If anyone else has firewall issues..let me know.

Old 9th October 2004, 05:52   #28
SLK
Senior - BHPian

yeah... I know they are heavy... just look.. good like small toys! (don't use.. as i'll be the victim... I have a slow connection)
i was using a 230kb one till now.
now.. to 34.

BTW.. for compression.. i use.. Dr DivX... its clean
and windows media encoder... for wmv

Old 11th October 2004, 01:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Awesome avatar dude. Man!! You can see that front lift a bit when the car takes off. Amazing.

Rush, it's time for the 93 Oct Vtec run.

Shan2nu
Old 11th October 2004, 12:22   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

good video guys ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks