Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you a part of Mega Madness Part Deux
1) Yes I am in. 22 91.67%
2) No I can't. 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 15:56   #31
BHPian

I dont mean to be a killjoy, but lets also make sure that there is going to be absolutely no drinking and driving after the meet. With the Mumbai police in crackdown mode and remembering last years diwali meet, it will be a recipe for disaster. Lets make sure that theres a designated driver for people coming together, else just take cabs.

Suhail
Old 9th October 2007, 16:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Deal 1

Ginseng in Khar, Mumbai. They have a nice lounge in the basement which can be used. We have spoken for 30 people but the lounge can easily accomodate 50. So guys come on out with your confirmations.

Price = 850 /- inclusive all taxes

The Package

1) 3 non veg starters
2) 3 veg starters
3) Main Course - 4 dishes + rice + noodles
4) Alchohol (Indian) - Beer , Rum , Whisky , Vodka (all unlimited)
5) Soft drinks and sodas included
6) DJ
7) 2 deserts
Very good deal buddy but as Sam said what about the people who dont drink (dippy etc) or who want to drink less so that they get home without getting caught? Also what about gyus who drink only Scotch etc. So thats why i think that some place like Sea lord which allows BYOB and is also tried and tested should be good. Ill go with anything that you all decide though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
I dont mean to be a killjoy, but lets also make sure that there is going to be absolutely no drinking and driving after the meet. With the Mumbai police in crackdown mode and remembering last years diwali meet, it will be a recipe for disaster. Lets make sure that theres a designated driver for people coming together, else just take cabs.

Suhail
Suhails right so we can either hitch a ride from non drinkers or give our drivers overtime or just get a cab!!

Come on guys, lets have confirmations;

Im in for the 8th, whos next..?
Old 9th October 2007, 16:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ginseng sounds perfect. Would appreciate if the deal is better for us non drinkers

I'm confirmed for the 8th. Its Diwali eve just like last year . Next day is a holiday so no work worries for everyone
Old 9th October 2007, 16:39   #34
Team-BHP Support

Nc and i thought it would be easier having an alchohol inclusive package.
Have spoken to the manager at Ginseng, the place does not allow BYOB.
However, he said they would have distinguishing between drinkers and non-drinkers and offering two different packages.
But he will get back to me by tommorow evening how he can try and work this out, and have the non-alchohol package for a few people.

manson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Ginseng sounds perfect. Would appreciate if the deal is better for us non drinkers

EDIT: I LOVE DIPPY

Last edited by manson : 9th October 2007 at 16:43.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
i think that some place like Sea lord
Sea Lord ? Guess I will have to give this meet a skip if it's at Sea Lord.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:49   #36
BANNED

Hi,

It would be very difficult to distinguish between drinkers and non drinkers but that is the mangements problem. I am in. Would you guys be interested in an alternate venue which allows BYOB and has a party section. Let me know so that I can ask around.

Viper
Old 9th October 2007, 16:53   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
N
But he will get back to me by tommorow evening how he can try and work this out, and have the non-alchohol package for a few people.
I have done this once before - it's quite simple and requires a little ribbon.

Basically we give ginseng some green and orange ribbon. When you pay 850/- and enter - you get an orange ribbon to tie round your wrist and the waiter gets you alcohol.
You pay 500 (for example) and you get the green ribbon. Super simple.

Ask me about all these things lol, I do them all the time.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Basically we give ginseng some green and orange ribbon. When you pay 850/- and enter - you get an orange ribbon to tie round your wrist and the waiter gets you alcohol.

Ribbon ? Sam you really think the ribbons will be intact on the wrists? I think we need colored garlands or rubber bands
Old 9th October 2007, 17:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Brother, we are meeting to have fun, why should venue be a deterent for you, come on!
I am in for the 8th. but will ginseng will not allow me my choice of wine or Scotch , unless mansion gets them to charge corkage for some members.
And will they be OK with our behaviour, no embarrasments Please during the meet. Sea Lord does take a Lot of abuse, and still allows us the use of their place!! Shetty's after all are very adaptable and flexible due to SAMS close connections!
Old 9th October 2007, 17:01   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Good suggestion, or we could simply stamp the non-drinkers or something, either of the two could be done. The manager is going to check if something like this can be done and get back to me tommorow.

manson.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Et U N_C!! Kyoon re? Imported ho gaya kya? I thought townies had this problem but you are toh a Chembur ka son of the soil. Dont be a spoilt brat
As scooby has said its the spirit of togetherness. I dont see any one of us going specially for dinner to Sea Lord but when all are together then does the venue matter?? Im in anywhere from Sealord to the local Vada pavwala.
Secondly please do ask him for corkage charges for imported maal (thoda spoilt hai apun log re!!)

Quote:
Nc and i thought it would be easier having an alchohol inclusive package.
Have spoken to the manager at Ginseng, the place does not allow BYOB.
However, he said they would have distinguishing between drinkers and non-drinkers and offering two different packages.
manson.
EDIT: I LOVE DIPPY
Do they know about he mess and hell we all are going ot create? Thats the only reason why i suggested sea ord as they know what hooligans we are and what we are capable of.....almost!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Dear Brother, we are meeting to have fun, why should venue be a deterent for you, come on!
I am in for the 8th. but will ginseng will not allow me my choice of wine or Scotch , unless mansion gets them to charge corkage for some members.
And will they be OK with our behaviour, no embarrasments Please during the meet. Sea Lord does take a Lot of abuse, and still allows us the use of their place!! Shetty's after all are very adaptable and flexible due to SAMS close connections!
Sams new name Sam Chaddi Anna

Last edited by V-16 : 9th October 2007 at 17:34.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:52   #42
Team-BHP Support

Scooby, Gogi, abuse is what happened at Golden Moments last year, anyone who was there will agree that we have been perfect gentlemen at sealord

I say lets head back to GM if we really want a rustic place, like NC i'm sorta done with Sealord.

manson.
Old 9th October 2007, 18:12   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Scooby, Gogi, abuse is what happened at Golden Moments last year, anyone who was there will agree that we have been perfect gentlemen at sealord

I say lets head back to GM if we really want a rustic place, like NC i'm sorta done with Sealord.

manson.
with Manson, The Golden Moments management tolerated us last time, so we know we can get up to almost anything. I cant possibly imagine wilder behaviour than that!!
Old 9th October 2007, 20:36   #44
Awaiting Email Confirmation

finally I feel like this whole unit is coming together again...
Old 9th October 2007, 22:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

guys would a last minute entry dampen the spirits. i would only be able to confirm then as i dont know if i would be in town. dont want to miss out on the fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks