Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 00:22   #106
BHPian

Thank you so much guys for all the appreciation for my efforts..Just some amatuer photography nothing else..But 1 thing thats sure hkanitkar is you all missed the fun at Sunny's Dhaba..Worth the amount of time spent arranging the cars in that heat for the photoshoot.

Cheers,
Niki.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:22   #107
BHPian

today morning, my mom comes up and hands over today's pune newsline to me! and whaddya know! a halfpage article about the sunday meet! :rl

just that one detail was missing, it was a team-bhp meet too!

Last edited by shrivz : 30th October 2007 at 10:29.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:29   #108
BANNED

Hey,

Here is a link to the article(courtesy NikkiBusa). The article and story was possible thanks to Anjali (GF of Prakash from Blazed forum)

http://70.86.150.130/indianexpress/W...07_588_001.jpg

Also here is a link to the meet and more pics courtesy Annihilator form both forums.
Blazed Forum :: Log in

Viper

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th October 2007 at 11:53. Reason: link fixed
Old 30th October 2007, 10:29   #109
BHPian

scan it and post it up dude ... we would like to read too
Old 30th October 2007, 10:43   #110
BHPian

Why there is no name of team-bhp in the article??
Old 30th October 2007, 11:31   #111
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT type in SMS / Slang language. We would much appreciate you typing your post out in full and proper english.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2007 at 15:24.
swapszone is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th October 2007, 12:52   #112
BHPian

Tried my hand at the review. Really appreciate you all liked it. As Swapnil requested, here it is:

Finally posting in about the meet. Was tooo pooped yesterday to write anything. Trying my hand at writing a review (Do pardon me if I am not able to recollect everyones names or nicks, as it was my first meet so couldnt familiaries myself with everyone).Here it goes:

I reached at Centaur, as stated by Dan at around 6:40. Didnt wanna be late as this was my first meet. Had some trouble with the cops so had to park my car a bit ahead. Next to join in was Nitroxx. Met him and at the first look itself his ride looked like a monster. He had brand new s-drives and was all up for the drag event later on. Next to join in was Dan with whom Baleno Power was riding. We all were waiting for Jeetu Sir to show up. Well but what a start to the day. While on the WAIT, a Ferrari 360 Modena showed up. Nitroxx was like hmmmm, guess we have a suprise entry for the meet :P Also saw a freak accident. A stupid BPO Indica driver, slammed into a cab at the airport signal. Quite an eventful start to the day. Jeetu Sir showed up in his tuned up City along with Atul. Then we all headed towards Palm Beach. All these folks hitting the rubber hard and from there onwards began my struggle to catch up with everybody :P Reached Palm Beach, where everyone was waiting for us. Was really nice to meet everyone. Was feeling a bit out of place looking at all the rides, with my stock city. Finally everyone got a look at the Sidewinder. Also was nice to see Cyrus's Fiat. Then to join was the elite Blaze gang, Swapnil, Santosh and Nikibusa. The first time I got to feast my eyes on Swapnils beast. Was really looking forward to it specially after all the rant between Prakash and Swapnil about the drag. He trully has one of the best Lancers I have seen. Last to drop in, was Vishu, but boy o boy, what a Cedia he has. Then all were dragged towards I guess if I am not mistaken Rahul's boom box Palio. A True KICKER. Well, then Viper and Dan started chanting the roll out screams. One by one all started rolling, towards the express way via the Palm Beach Road. The sidewinder trully was following the speed limit of 100 :P . Was a nice time. All the rides, the road, the weather and the feeling. All blending together all PERFECTLY!!!! Once we hit the express way, then it was as if everyone turned into a speed racer. I was trying to keep up with Jeetu's Honda, which was cruising along with Mickey's Honda, with Niki as the passenger. It was quite an impressive site for me atleast, three honda's cruising together. It was taking some toll on me at certain stretches to keep up with these guys, as the NHC, atleast I aint comfortable throwing it above 150. After passing thru the toll, it was time to hit the chill zone. The first halt. With all the cars parked. We all headed for some fillings. The crowd around was getting quite interested in the car park, specially with the sidewinder along. It surely does wind a lot of attention along its side. :P It was also time for some pics and the photoshot was lead by Mr.Busa himself. After the chiller and some talks inbetween the gang, Viper hit the road early and disappeared also quickly again following the 100 ka speed limit :P All of us then headed towards Lonavala. Reached there in about 30 mins time. The stretch of express way towards Lonavala was real fun, as there was quite a bit of traffic and a lot of fast bends. Was following Vishu's Cedia and really could see his brillaint car control. His car precision was a beauty to watch. Just after taking the exit to Lonavala from the Express Way, he had a small stop. The guys had stopped to gather all the cars together and to form a straight car line-up, which was expected to drive in a smooth formation till the next stop. But due to the odd traffic, the pack couldnt hold the formation. The next halt approached at Lonavala. Were we met the Pune gang. Didnt meet most of the guys, but caught Prakash there. His ride surely did look cool. Was really looking forward for the MOST AWAITED DRAG. With the gang all gathered. We all headed towards Amby Valley. We had a small stop, well donno the place name, but was some bridge for a photo shoot. With all the car parked one behind the other, it was a amazing site. Winding the snaps, we all headed towards Amby Valley(FINALLY). But, saw some black bag on the middle of the road, dogged it so that it passes thru the middle of the car. Thank God it didnt come under my wheel. Or else Neil would have killed me. Why Neil. It was his camera bag, which he had forgotten on the car's boot. Thank God everything was intact. Atish had jumped into my car, since I was riding alone, so as the Blaze spirit goes, which I learned during this meet, that its a group, and always goes together. Finally we set onto Amby Valley, BUT, this time even serious problem, one which i also felt bad of. Was following Prakash's Honda, which was behind Mickey's Honda and Swapnil's Lancer respectively. These guys were quite some distance ahead of me as on my stock tyres, couldnt throw the car around the corners. But then, after just turning over a blind left, saw Mickey's Honda, parked behind Prakash's. He was looking from his window at his right front tyre. Immediately knew he had a flat. Following me was Jeetu who also had stopped. It was really a pity looking at the flat new yoko. Mickey just couldnt zap out of the moment. A stone in the middle of the road, which he just couldnt avoid and cracked his tyre bad. The good part was Prakash was trying to cheer the pack up specially Mickey. We all immediatley started to work on to change his tyre. The BAD part was that, Swapnil's exhaust symphony was so loud that we all could hear it for quite some time. Hehehehehhe sorry for posting this Niki, still remember his dialouge, " Lagta hain, yeh jhaadi mein ghuus gaya hain kidhar toh". Jeetu left the pack for Amby Valley. Prakash adviced Mickey, who was not at all comfortable with his old tyre on, since he had gone for a set of 4 new instead of 5, to park his car, in a pay and park which was near by. All of us felt that would be a smart thing to do. So then we headed towards the Pay n Park where we were waiting for the Club BurnOutz guys. In the mean time, Mickey came up with the BRILLIANT idea of heading back, as he was not at all secure with his tyre and thought of getting it fixed and then thought of catching the pack back at Kharghar. But with some support from Prakash, he was convinced to stay back. Soon the BunOutz turned up. And mannnnn did they have jaw dropping rides. Me and Atish were all goo goo gaa gaa over them. I really felt bad for Mickey, as he felt really disappointed after seeing those Honda's. With the new guys in, we all headed for our destination. What a start to that drive. These BurnOutz guys have quite a start man. They come in a formation one next to the other, a bit behind and roll the front wheels off. Impressive start. Was seeing all this action for the first time, so was damn damn excited. These guys hit the road and I was left behind eating the dust. Couldnt manage to hit the corners hard, so was left behind and was the last car to reach Amby. Again a mini photoshoot took place. Monty then started to gather up things and prepared everyone for the drag. SWAPNIL v/s PRAKASH. Finally it was time for the show-down............. BUT, again it couldnt be pulled of. Everytime some or the other odd car kept on showing up and then the guards flock increased. So then we thought of taking it to Kharghar. Next up we all headed to some Dhaba were the ah ...... lunch event was going to take place. The Pune guys splited up as everyone had some previous plans. We all had quite some fun at lunch. Good food, good laugh and discussions. Came across his highness Mr.Monty. What a character. Still remember his joke on PINT. After a good meal and some good talks, we all came together to decide where to head next. We all decided to chuck M.T.D.C out as only a few RC's (Me, Baleno Power and Prakash) had brought our RC's. So next stop was Kharghar. Everyone thought of a miniphoto shoot of the beasts, together, with the Winder in the middle. BalenoPower in the mean while, spotted a beauty of a track, which appealed me too and we headed there with our RC's for a mini race. Prakash couldnt join in as he had forgotten his battery's. Was a usual confusion, between me and Baleno Power as our remote frequencies were croosing each others and allowing only one remote to work at a time. But still was fun. Everyone had a go with my Nikko Subaru. Had not got the Radials, so the sleeks were not gripping the surface well. Also had the endurance motor on, so the speed was a bit low. Sadly the Tamiya was not funtional. Dan handled the RC VERY VERY professionaly. After the RC session was over (when both mine and Baleno Power RC battery went Kaput) the photo shoot was continued. Then the gang thought of heading back home as everyone was a bit tired. But, still the meet without a drag was feeling quite like a cake icing without a cherry. So then we all decided to hit for Kharghar. Prakash and the BurnOutz guys decided to head back. So the Swapnil vs Prakash aka Lancer vs Honda fightdown got postponed. We all headed towards Kharghar. The BunOutz guys signed off on their signature note. We all headed down torwards Kharghar. I reached quite late and immediately Monty was on my back head down for the drag. I was like who what when how. Couldnt drag in my car, well surely would have loved to, never have have dragged. But was my new city, with just 700 on the odo. So Santosh's Wagon-R was asked to drag and he instantly accepted the opportunity. So it was Dan's Rocam vs Santosh's Wagon-R. Though Dan won it, it was a nice fight put up by Santosh. After the drag, they slowed down crossed into each others lane and Santosh hit the pedal and came in fast towards Mickey's parked Honda and slammed the hand brakes and stopped the car. Mickey surely had a mouthfull moment at that time. The next set of cars to drag were been decided, but we couldnt manage it. Everyone was tryin to coax Viper to drag the Sidewinder, but didnt work out. So we all finally ended up heading towards our respective home.

Summary: All the rides, the road, the weather and the feeling. All blending together all PERFECTLY!!!! Putting it the English way, It was an eventful Sunday, we all spent with our machines, rather than just sipping some tea at home. A good time to catch up with some mates and share your passion. Enjoyed every bit of it!!!!

Foot note: Sorry for the delays guys. I landed up at most of the places, well two( Amby Valley and Kharghar ) late. Had posted in the reason prior. Had a bad knee was trying to keep up with it. And also a new car, so couldnt push it hard. Thanks a ton Dan for keeping a track with the leg. And also to every one who helped me manage my way thru. It was a pleasure to drive with Atish and then with Neil. Learned a lot about Blaze. Have a lot to learn from you guys. Specially in my driving department, Santosh knows it :P Thats about it. Hope to catch up you guys soon for yet another spin, before I leave for UK.
Old 30th October 2007, 15:45   #113
BHPian

hey nice long report there annhilator..hope ur legs doin fine now.catch u on our weekend meets soon.!!
Old 30th October 2007, 17:25   #114
Awaiting Email Confirmation

yeah! All in all the drive was amazing and not to mention a certain air 2 air missile running in the car at 180km/h lol! I just cant believe that the HULK / hornet / troll or whachamacalit was actually running in! coz then I'd love to see what it does in its complete tune state!
Old 30th October 2007, 17:46   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
yeah! All in all the drive was amazing and not to mention a certain air 2 air missile running in the car at 180km/h lol! I just cant believe that the HULK / hornet / troll or whachamacalit was actually running in! coz then I'd love to see what it does in its complete tune state!

Hey Micky,

Will get to see very soon what this missile is capable of but unfortunately only on video. The Kolkatta guys may get the pleasure of seeing and witnessing in person.

BTW did you get your new tyre under warranty.

Viper
Old 30th October 2007, 18:01   #116
Awaiting Email Confirmation

nope bro, no warranty just another 3.8K down the drain, oh well I've learnt to let the other lead now lol! that way I can help them change their tyres and drive them next time ..just kidding guys! And man as for sidewinder! I keep goin to CAL so yup i'll get some real action once its done!
Old 30th October 2007, 18:18   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
The Kolkatta guys may get the pleasure of seeing and witnessing in person.
but when do we get to see the sidewinder in Kolkata? when will you be coming to Kolkata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
And man as for sidewinder! I keep goin to CAL so yup i'll get some real action once its done!
please dont forget to send a PM to any one of the Kolkata Gang and we will give you a warm welcome. the same thing goes to Jiggy Bhai as well.
Old 30th October 2007, 18:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

Good drive - but that report took me a better part of 30 mins to read. If only it was better punctuated and paragraphed.

Nice one though.
Old 30th October 2007, 21:25   #119
BHPian

Damn, didnt realize I wrote such a huge review. Quite a noobish one though. Anyways, few pics from my end:

Meet up at Palm Beach:

The Kicker Palio:

The Brand:

The Rides:

The Beast:

Swapnil: My Lancer Will Smoke You Anytime!!!! Mickey: Yawn Yawn!!!!! (Just a wierd pic)

Stop at Express Way:

Swapnil's Ride:

Old 30th October 2007, 21:25   #120
BHPian

Micky's Honda:

Teh S-Drives:

Vishu's Cedia:

My City with Micky's Honda:

The halt before Amby Valley for a mini photo shoot:

The Brand:

The Showdown Dogs:

The Scaled Down Monsters:

The Burners:

The Community:

A Futile attempt to capture Swapnil's Machine in my rear view mirror (Low light was the problem):

Will post some vids, not many, but will post them later on.
Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks