Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2007, 18:21   #46
BHPian

See you soon V-16, im leaving home now.
Old 27th October 2007, 18:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

My cameras ready..... wait for the report!! btw had the best chinese in India at the Chinoise at the Taj last night. and i thought bombay serves the best..... what a misconception and bombay does not even come close..... its second to calcutta but not even close. Will report later....ciao!! waiting for the Bangla Boys...Khoob Bhalo!!
Waiting for Razor....Kothai Razor Moshay??!!

Last edited by V-16 : 27th October 2007 at 18:40.
Old 27th October 2007, 18:45   #48
BHPian

Too bad for me I will not be out of office before 8:30 for weekend meet.
Old 28th October 2007, 01:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Had a very enjoyable meet! Was great to meet Gogi again.
Brief report... others pls fill in the blanks, and Gogi bhai, pls upload the pics!

Part 1
- Picked up Gogi from ITC, drove to Hot Wok in Tangra. The drive took longer than it should have, thanks to some idiotic cops manning the traffic signal at the Topsia crossing.
- Joined the folks who had already come in (we were fashionably late ) . They were: shuvc, toiingg, wimwian, planet_rocker and his gf. Drinks and snacks started flowing, and Blackpearl joined us in a bit with his wife.
- Drinks+snacks followed by dinner was accompanied by some good ol fashioned "adda" (bong for gupshup). Topics of conversation hovered around cars, interspersed with some of Gogi's (mis)adventures! All in all, great fun.
- Junta did some checking out of Phoenix in the parking lot, and got a taste of the ICE.
- Wim, Gogi and myself headed off to Someplace Else (a pub), while the others called it a night.

Part 2
- Arrived at SPE. Live music - Saturday Night Blues was on. Band was awesome... all of us had a blast soaking in the music with a glass/bottle in our hands!!
- Ace6120 joined us after a bit, and got into the swing of things!
- We hung around there until about 1am, before Gogi, Karan and myself departed. Wim hung around SPE with some more friends and his favourite Teachers!
- Waited for an eternity for the valet to get my car. Said bye to Karan after that, dropped Gogi off at his hotel and flew back home.

That was tonight in a nutshell. Had a lovely time. Thanks Gogi for initiating the meet. Hope to see you back here soon!

PS: Oh and btw, Chelsea beat Man City 6-0!!!!

Last edited by razor4077 : 28th October 2007 at 01:45.
Old 28th October 2007, 08:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

I missed the "meat" because of some family mishap. But good to know you guys had a good time.
@ V-16 - Sorry buddy. I'll try to make it next time around. Needed to ask you some questions wrt the 124s.
@ Calcutta gang - You guys should have given Gogi a taste of proper Calcutta night life... the till 5:00 a.m variety. Anyway, theres always a next time.
Old 28th October 2007, 09:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

@ guys - it was great meeting all of you again. thanks Gogi - it was great meeting you
Old 28th October 2007, 12:23   #52
BHPian

Thanks Guys for another great meet... had good fun last night!! It was a pleasure meeting you Gogi... and I just might take you up on that invite to the Mumbai t-bhp gang the next time I'm in that city

Waiting for the pics now...

PS: Oh and btw, ManU defeated Boro 4-1!!!
Old 30th October 2007, 13:57   #53
BHPian

Waiting for the pics Gogi G .
Old 1st November 2007, 12:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

@ V-16 - where are you? still waiting for the pics.
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys for the delay in this post as i was recuperating from my Kolkata hangover. Also my net connection was facing some problems so could not connect. But im ready for the report now.

Kolkata/Calcutta (pronounced as Kohl-Kaata) is a beautiful city. Contrary to hearsay i was quite amused to find it not so dirty and not so crowded as people put it out to be. Love the bong accent which reflects in every language they use. Sounds amusing in Hindi and sexy when the bongs (read women) speak in English.
I visited Kolkata last when i was around 6-7 years old and have great memories of that stay. I have some cousins living there whom i was dying to meet. Also another very close friend. My main reason to visit the city was to meet these personns as much as i would get to meet the Kolkata chapter of Team-Bhp. I really know now that the internet does bring the world so much closer.
I was there to attend a three day convention and my address was the ITC Sonar Bangla. An amazing hotel. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn on my arrival that the Executive Sous Chef (that is number two chef) is my nephew (my cousin's son).
The day was spent attending the convention and that sort of thing and the three nights that i spent there I remember the hospitality of the people who took me out.
I will highlight the Team-Bhp mini meet which i attended after i take you through a pictorial report of the lovely city scattered with gardens and reflections of period architecture from the early days of the Raj.

I will christen the first part of my report as "Oh Kolkata"

First things first. With respects to the Revered Godess

And the great great human who in his times had influenced thousands of us and continues to do so today too

The Mother is a great source of inspiration to millions of us. Just seeing her name brings about an air of tranquility.

The next thing which is synonymous to Kolkata...trams

The road signs with Kolkata-esq names

And some other signs..

My Favourite Kolkata-ite....Ooodi baba, ami tumake khoob khoob bhalo bhashi!! Dont know if its right but you got the gist na? Ki bolo??

Kolkata's Favourite Kolkata-ite

celebrate your puja with soft rock-disco pop reggae...etc etc...Imagine doing puja with Bob Marley's, "Buffalo Soldier" in the background....whats the world coming to??!! I'd love to see them in action...Goans I tell you...they are too too cool man!!

.......contd in the next post.....
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Gogi ! I bow to thee.

This is wonderful and worth every second of the wait. Never seen Kolkata depicted so lucidly. This probably deserves more focus as in, a separate thread.

What an intro post for the Kolkata 'travelogue'. Sam has competition !!
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:48   #57
Team-BHP Support

Amazing Gogi... amazing pictorial. With those subtle subtitles they make for an even more enchanting diary. I see that from kolkatta you have moved on to kolkata and even the pronunciation (kohl-kaata). Way to go bud.

I also see that you were enamoured by our lovely, enchanting, rickety trams. I hope you got to ride one. As a kid they used to be my favorite mode of public transport whenever I visited kohl-kaata.

By the way what gave you the idea that mithun 'chandal' chakraborty is kolkata's favorite bong?
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

....Part Deux...or is it "Bhog Duitho"

This is what Cal is all about

How can one miss this look out tower over looking the Race course

The Grand Victoria Memorial almost emerging, frame after frame

A Kolkata Traffic cop. Smart Red Bikes with an all White uniform

A sea of yellow Ambi cabs...count the cabs in the pic!!

Never seen so many Ambi cabs or even Ambis ever at one place. This place is crawling with them

AAARRRGGGHH!!!...Get me outta here!!

When didi HM start making the 4-WD version?!!

....continued yet again......
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

There is nothing like Calcutta. We call it "Sundori Kolkata"

You were breaking the monotony of the round yellows in your LPG 800 (was it)

Last edited by 1100D : 2nd November 2007 at 00:53.
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

actually was a Wagon-R Duo driven by my cousin... missed you 1100D hows the US of A treating you!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks