Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

....Part Three...

Another Kokata-esq road sign

Kolkata has a very visible Military presence

A Willy's Jeep....Sighhhhh!!!

Good wide roads but sadly most of them are in a bad shape (these are the good patches)... yes worse than Bombay

Cal's famous "Maidan"...

Someone's Mom's ride

A vegetable patch on one side and a River on the other

Anyone wanna go to a MULTICUI"SEN" restaurant

Will someone please tell me what this interesting structure is??

All in all i was smitten with Kolkata. The sweetness of Sondesh and Mishti Doi showing in the spoken language. ( I could dream of eloping with the announcer on a P.A. system without even looking at her, such is the sweetness of the language....ever wonder why almost all playback singers are of Bengali origion??) Beautiful Doe eyed women with long silky tresses, an epitome of Indian-ness, the Colonial architecture... I would love to come back...what the...this has turned out to be a travelogue...hey wait guys..theres the wonderful meet pics coming up too......
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hmm... why I can't I see the pics?? :(
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:49   #63
Team-BHP Support

Gogi bhaai... lafdaa. yeh last ke set of pics never showed up. did you post the links to the pics on your comp's local drive? i think its time for you to hit the sac.
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

....Part four...concluding

These are the Kolkata Boys. Thanks guys for getting together at such short notice. It was great meeting you all.

Razor has already briefed you about the events, Ill just add pictures add my two bits

Razor picked me up in his Phoenix (Good Job Jigness-Viper-Bhai) and we drove directly to Hot Wok at Tengra.
Tengra for the uninitiated was where the old Tanneries were situated, run by the Chinese. As these were shifted outside the city, these large places were left vacant with the Chinese wondering what to do with them. So they did what they do best along with moulding leather...Cooking. This place houses amongst Kolkata's most famous restaurants.
We entered to a packed restaurant and found our way through a maze of rooms and dimly lit passages to arrive at a room with many tables, round and square. One such table at the entrance was occupied by the Kolkata Team-Bhpians. We Greeted and introduced ourselves amongst "Chingdi (thats shrimp for you imbeciles) Chilly" and what not. In the background new Hindi songs play softly but we sat down for some "Adda"
Lets put a name to the face:

Toiingg, Razor, Wimwian

Planet Rocker and ShuvC...ShuvD couldn,t make it and till now i thought they were brothers!!!

Yours truly with the Bangla Boys. The lady is Planet Rocker's Fiance..I presume

Black Pearl joins in with his Wife

Daru-Khana and Adda was the order of the day. Chit Chat and Chow Mien make an interesting combo.

A group photu outside Hot Wok

For all Tengra Regulars. Guys the very next day a friend of mine took me to another restaurant at Tengra called "KIM FA" which is just ahead of Hot Wok. Their Steamed Fish (Bekti) and the Whole steamed chicken in Whiskey was divine. One must order a day in advance for these things but let me assure you, its heavenly
Also Visited the CHINOISIERE... or something at the Taj where the food is outstanding.

Curious teammates now want to inspect the Phoenix...

....curiously!!!

Phoenix's Rallyart meters without the panel lights on...

And now lit

While the others departed...hope fully homewards, Wim, Razor and Myself drove to the Park Hotel for a little more Daru and Moooghic. We reached Some Place Else, a small but lively pub with a live rock band crooning to a overpacked house swinging to Eric Clapton's "Cocaine"

We are joined in by Karan

By the end we were all as tipsy as the pictures behind us on the wall

Razor, Karan and Me called it a night and left WimWian, still rocking to the electic mix of Rock and Soccer. Razor dropped me to the hotel where I slept like a Baby. What a wonderful time I had with some people who were absolute strangers just before I had met them. I love Kolkata...I love tea-Bhp. Thanks guys, you took good care of me. Would love to see you in Bombay soon. Wim, anytime mate, guys let us show you the Mumbai ki hospitality!!

May the Goddess Durga Ma Bless us all at Team-Bhp

Good Night Folks.... hope you enjoyed the post/s.
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:46   #65
Senior - BHPian

great reading the posts Gogi bhai and welcome back. some pictures have not appeared. looks like you had a wonderfull and fruitfull trip. catching up with the kolkotta arm of Tbhp.
only one thing how much did you make Razor drink... dekho kya kardiya

Old 2nd November 2007, 07:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

cant see the pics Gogi.
Old 2nd November 2007, 08:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

superb report gogi bhai. the tbhp meet pics came out fine.

but what about the rest of them - cant see the rest :(
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:41   #68
BHPian

Why can't I see any pics apart from the Goddess Durga pic ?
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:39   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
great reading the posts Gogi bhai and welcome back. some pictures have not appeared. looks like you had a wonderfull and fruitfull trip. catching up with the kolkotta arm of Tbhp.
only one thing how much did you make Razor drink... dekho kya kardiya

LOL! That was caused by a faucet that sprayed water everywhere except into the sink. Turned on the tap, and BOOM... instant recipe for embarrassment!! For the record, I drink very little when I'm driving

Nice pics Gogi! But still can't see the previous ones :(
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Yours truly with the Bangla Boys. The lady is Planet Rocker's Fiance..I presume

Huh , Planet you didn't introduce her to Gogi?
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The lady in question is Planet's Speed Governor aka his Stability Program, aka his Traction Control, aka his fiancee, aka ETC .
Now, where do I hide?
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i thought everyone knew about her - she is the ONLY person known as ETC in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
The lady in question is Planet's Speed Governor aka his Stability Program, aka his Traction Control, aka his fiancee, aka ETC .
Now, where do I hide?
you dont have to hide - whatever you said is correct - but i still wonder why was she smiling all the time when my car went out of control @ the first TBHP meet in kolkata -> lemme tell you a secret - she had a firm belief that i was actually Drifting the car because she thought that i was good at it.
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Oh god you guys cant see the pics again??? what do i do with photo bucket? can some mod who can see all the pics please help?!!
I dont use imageshack as there is no option of uploading several pics at a time and this is tedious in a long pictorial post like this...... help someone...anyone!!
What does one use otherwise??
No, No... Planet did introduce me to her but i got confused if she was his Fiance or his Wife...now i know!!

Last edited by V-16 : 2nd November 2007 at 20:05.
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arre this is nothing.

The first time I met Planet. He came out of the drivers door, looking rearwards, where I was situated. Indrani joined him on his right side. Planet extended his right hand and said, "I am Surya" and pointing left said, this is my Lady.
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:53   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I dont use imageshack as there is no option of uploading several pics at a time and this is tedious in a long pictorial post like this...... help someone...anyone!!
What does one use otherwise??

Gogi Saaar,

Image Shack has started allowing multiple uploads of pics free of cost. These are the options that they now offer.

"upload: image url video multiploader recorder"

J
iggy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks