Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 17:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

Fog, bogs and the dog ran away with the nuts - Bangalore 4th Nov Meet Report

Apologies, first, my camera lost charge but Riju and Rudy more thann made up.

Arrived at 6.20 to find Kuttapan and one other person waiting. Organisers were no where to be seen. Rudy had just woken up. By 6.45, 10 cars drew up, people on the roadin wondering what was happening. A lot of call centre cabs trhought that there was an accident so that they could muscle in.

Viddy comes i at 6.50 and Mag who seemed to be walking very gingerly drew up. They collected the money and we headed out. Prabhuav was our lone superbiker outrider

On the highway, just after the new airport, we stopped to regroup to get to the resort. Went off road.....and we really went off road, the road was awful. Ananths Adventure and my Vtec managed it but the Bling machine scraped through and we had a tough time dissuading the old man from climbing under to polish out any scratches beneath.

At the resort, got to meet and know each other. Mag began his regenerative process and managed to get to the right bathroom. At 9.00am, we decided to carry on to the resort. Psycho was retuning the "z"onda. The resort folks gave us an alternate road avoiding the craters.

This was through a village and the villagers were rather taken aback by 15 cars in a convoy. We were following prabhuav on a greasy rutted road at 10km/h when the bike lost traction and slipped. Tadu and i jumped out and raised the bike (it is sure heavy). After a few turns , it started. meanwhile 10 caras were held up.

Get on to civilised road to find Mag stopped. Bad enough, that the dog (sorry, partner had em), noow he found his "nuts" had fallen off. Rather he lost a wheel nut and some more were loose. Vikram had gone ahead.

We moved on, Psycho's mad Esteem trounced us all and we went climbed up, outmanuvering the Qualii, tavvies etc which were loaded.

It was pretty foggy up there. Got the tickets, parked up and then we chilled out literally. Visibility was zilch unless the wind blew the fog off. At 12, we headed back, Psycho. Vikram and Satya were lost looking for beer.

Headed back to resort and the villagers were again flummoxed wit the convoy. 5 of us overshot the turning but managed to get back on track. Lunch was ready but we had to have the beer in a far corner in a "shady' place as per Mag's description. Some of us had beer, first, food first or both together. The resort did try to amke up the missing nuts, mahesh thought they were hidden in the gulab jamoons

I left at 3. Some folks stayed to play cricket. Reached home to a frosty reception by the boss. I never picked up the phone (Vtec engine + music + loss of connectivity + fear of falling of mountains made her think the impossible).

So ends my story, the masala, pics and the missing nuts will be described further.
Old 4th November 2007, 18:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh thats good experience! I wanted to visit Nadhi hills this time to see fog but unfortunately morning 6:30AM when we were 70% ready my driver called me and confirmed he has Red eye, since no spare driver available today I decided to drop the trip and called my relatives to visit my house and we visited METRO and did some shopping!

So based on what I understood roads are bad then, thats bad. Everywhere roads are bad this time!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th November 2007, 18:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Out of interest - who lost who's nuts?

And how did they end up inside Gulab Jamuns?
Old 4th November 2007, 18:23   #4
BHPian

Ajmat that review appeared really quick!! I just logged in and was shocked to see a meet summary already up. A few games of pool ensued once you left where the table was playing us all with dead cushions, odd drift and ***** that curved defying physics.

But seriously, that was one terrific meet with lots of thrills and good fun. The drive was stunning and the weather up on Nand"h"i hills was just the best. Couldn't have asked for a better time.

@steer, we'll let the one who lost nuts speak for himself methinks.

Good crowd turn out, have the sneaking suspicion the next one will be bigger!

Cheers!
K.

Last edited by kartikkumar : 4th November 2007 at 18:24.
Old 4th November 2007, 18:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Out of interest - who lost who's nuts?

And how did they end up inside Gulab Jamuns?
Good question...Keep tracking thread, You will see the jigsaw puzzle solved

Hint, Maggie lost his nuts...rest from the horse's mouth
Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 4th November 2007 at 18:32.
Old 4th November 2007, 18:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
So based on what I understood roads are bad then, thats bad. Everywhere roads are bad this time!
No Roads are not bad, I mean the road to Nandi Hills are not bad atall...

It is the diversion to get into resort was bad...

Abhi
Old 4th November 2007, 18:50   #7
BHPian

Where are ze pics - looks like Riju ain't got back home yet?
Old 4th November 2007, 19:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Maggie lost his nuts...rest from the horse's mouth
A horse ate up Maggie's nuts?
Old 4th November 2007, 19:08   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A horse ate up Maggie's nuts?
Close! Remember Maggies pre yeti avatar? Picture that + read this and you get the context
Old 4th November 2007, 19:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Close! Remember Maggies pre yeti avatar? Picture that + read this and you get the context
Gottit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I see her pic in your avatar and judging by what she holds in her mouth , she is in good control
I have several evil thoughts running through my brain right now, but will refrain from expressing those out of respect for man's best friend.
Old 4th November 2007, 19:11   #11
Team-BHP Support

Just got back home from the meet. It was tremendous fun. There was some nice open roads and then pure offroading with all 23 cars going in a line through the slush and mud.

I reached a wee bit late as yesterday the shell bunk closed down and today they had only super petrol instead of regular so had no choice but to fill.

The entire convoy of cars was a sight to see. People kept stopping and asking what was going on. One guy asked if we were waiting for the bus which was carrying the kids from some school. lol.

Then we drove to the turn off point to Nandi hills. Nice open roads on that stretch where we could free up the engine.

When we reached the turn off point we realised that the resort was at the earlier turn off point. Drove back and as soon as we entered the road I realised it would not be a pleasant experience for my car (I had sat and washed the car with shampoo et al yesterday for a good 3 hours). There was no road and only slush and mud. It was literally offroad and I was lucky not to scrape the car anywhere. Sadly Rudraji wasn't so lucky and the Optra beached twice.

We finally reached the resort where hungry team-bhpians raided the idlies and vadas which were really nice and hot. After some chit chat we decided to continue on the climb to the top of Nandi hills. Luckily there was an alternate route which was much better than the earlier route. It was through a village and the villagers were taken aback at the sight of 23 cars and a bike most of them with loud exhausts going through. After the village suddenly all the cars in front stopped. We parked to see what was going on. Then we realised that TheMag had lost his nuts. 2 of his nuts came off and were lying in the slush somewhere. Maggie had done a Mclaren (Refer to last nandi hills meet thread for details).

Finally reached the main road and we drove till the top. Again a very nice climb pushing the car through the bends and hairpin bends. By the time we reached up the smell in the air was of hot rubber from the tyres and the frying brake pads.

Parked the cars and sat at the hill top for like a good 2 hours. I must mention that the weather was fantastic. It was nice and cool and there was nothing but fog and cloud cover with zero visibility even at 12 noon. After some chit chat on top. We drove back to the resort but a few of us ended up overshooting the turning point at the village. Luckily we turned back and found the guys waiting at the turn off point. Reached the resort and were famished.

A sumptuous lunch was ready for us to attack on which we did. Maggie wasted no time in this. Even Mclaren rushed to the chicken fearing the chicken kababs would be exhausted when v1p3r came. We were given a "shady" location away from the eating area as alcohol wasn't allowed but we had permission for beer in a corner of the resort.

Food and beer were consumed at a rapid rate. Some people left after that and other stayed back for some recreational activities. A few of us played cricket, others snooker, basketball, table tennis.

Around 4pm all of us decided to end the day. We were pooped and had to drive back.

That's the report from my side but I'm sure I missed out on quite a lot of the fun we had.

These were the cars:

Black swift: Vikram_d
Black swift: theMAG
Black Lancer: mine
BLack OHC VTEC: Ajmat
Black Optra: Rudraji
Silver swift VDi: kartik (Peted swiift)
Gold Swift VDi: kuttapan
Purple Ford ikon: benbsb29
Grey Ford ikon: bleraven316
Black Ford ikon: Jaguar
green 800: redeye and co.
blue 68' fiat: ronk
silver baleno: Mclaren
white baleno: Mallik
"Z"onda: Jay (zen with OHC engine)
custom Blue esteem: Psycho
Silver Optra Magnum: Deepak (is the name right?)
Red Fiat adventure
Maroon Zen
Silver Verna: Hellstar
Red Cedia: Reignofchaos
Gold Santro
Honda hornet bike

Did i forget any car?
Old 4th November 2007, 19:26   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have several evil thoughts running through my brain right now, but will refrain from expressing those out of respect for man's best friend.
hahaha, steer all those evil thoughts and more have been extensively discussed in the meet. I'll get banned if I put it up here.
Old 4th November 2007, 19:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Black swift: Vikram_d
Black swift: theMAG
Black Lancer: mine
BLack OHC VTEC: Ajmat
Black Optra: Rudraji
Silver swift VDi: kartik (Peted swiift)
Gold Swift VDi: kuttapan
Purple Ford ikon: benbsb29
Grey Ford ikon: bleraven316
Black Ford ikon: Jaguar
green 800: redeye and co.
blue 68' fiat: ronk
silver baleno: Mclaren
white baleno: Mallik
"Z"onda: Jay (zen with OHC engine)
custom Blue esteem: Psycho
Silver Optra Magnum: Deepak (is the name right?)
Red Fiat adventure
Maroon Zen
Silver Verna: Hellstar
Red Cedia: Reignofchaos
Gold Santro
Honda hornet bike

Did i forget any car?
No elantra???? Tadu you phased out your Elantra too??
Hmmm.. I miss bangalore...
Old 4th November 2007, 19:49   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
No elantra???? Tadu you phased out your Elantra too??
Hmmm.. I miss bangalore...
Elantra was given for service and he dint get it back in time. Tadu was riding passenger.
Old 4th November 2007, 19:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

It was very good fun driving up and down after a long time to Nandi Hills, we faced a lot of bad roads in some places, but overall drive was fun.
Good job with the organising Riju, Maggie ,........

Some snaps from my end, prelude to some nice snaps which will be coming up from the pros. (Sorry abt pic quality, its from a cam phone)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks