Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 19:57   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

It was a fun meet. I'll post up the other content after I return from my dog's walk. Walk, that is.
Old 4th November 2007, 20:35   #17
BHPian

Another successful TBHP meet

Feelin sorry for myself for not being able to make it.

Waitin for the pics from the professionals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Gold Santro
--- believe this was jassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
A horse ate up Maggie's nuts?
what???

OT: steeroid, can we have a meet in dubai? (do we have enough members here?)
Old 4th November 2007, 20:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

looks like you guys had loads of fun - waiting for more pics.

@ the blue fiat had fun making its way upto the hill??
Old 4th November 2007, 20:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
OT: steeroid, can we have a meet in dubai? (do we have enough members here?)
Off topic definitely, but yes we can have a meet here in Dubai. After Nov 17th, though - I'm officially dry till then.
Old 4th November 2007, 20:54   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
looks like you guys had loads of fun - waiting for more pics.

@ the blue fiat had fun making its way upto the hill??
It dint go up the hill. lol. It blew a head gasket and we had to park it at the resort. Took the car back later when we were going back home.
Old 4th November 2007, 21:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great fun this meet... Had some nice brekkie at the resort followed by a beer session in the clouds a bunch of us (Psycho, v1p3r, vis_racing, raven, jay, vikram_d & myself) got waylaid by a board that said fosters and eventually made it back to the resort in time for lunch.

Dont know if there was a group pic or not, we were all scattered at most times and some of us decided to leave early due to work, sleep, family etc

All in all a fun sunday, nice one Riju/Mag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Silver Optra Magnum: Deepak (is the name right?)
Red Fiat adventure
Magnum : DeepuG
Red Adventure : Akbaree
Old 4th November 2007, 21:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Seems you guys had a great time. The fog looks very good and I love it. There is always a next time. Btw, the Santro belongs to Jassi.
Old 4th November 2007, 22:06   #23
BHPian

looks like a lot of fun wish i could have come had exams today also some more pics.
Old 4th November 2007, 22:43   #24
BHPian

Only my Red Ikon was missing !!

Hey guys.. sorry i had to be out of town today so couldnt join in the fun. I was even thinking of a late entry..Looks like you guys had loads of fun.. and MAG loosing his wheel nut..pretty sure Nandi hills is a jinxed for TeamBhpians!! Let the pics flow guys.
Old 5th November 2007, 00:22   #25
BHPian

yeah guys the gold (real earth) santro is mine

Heres my version of the report

Had a late saturday evening, as I was getting a long pending cold air intake http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=RC-5052AB fitted in the car (decided abruptly to shell out the 8k on CAI so that I could test it on the drive ) and then recovering my crashed laptop harddisk drive till 1am. Came back home and also anurag911 dropped into my house as we were to leave together in the AM for the drive. Saw a movie (ben stiller's heart break kid) till 3am.

Woke up at 530am. We had decided to meet Jaguar, vis-racing and matrix at shell OMR before 6am and take off by 603am. Got a call from jag at 555am that he is leaving for shell omr and we both landed there at 615, tanked up and waited but it seemed others had left so decided to move on to the esteem mall rendezvous point.

Drove to esteem mall and saw a huge line of cars, I am guessing we were amongst last few and we had psycho park behind us. Met up with everyone and paid up to mag/riju (followed by a quick enquiry on my lambo by rj)
After all the people were assembled, it was decided to start off and within a few seconds cars started zooming with their exhausts and air intakes at their best. Unlike the yelagiri drive, this drive I wasn't hanging at the back and was pretty much in the middle of things, I guess people were taking it easy, but it was a fun drive. I did control my speeds to under 130, but the CAI was pretty encouraging!!

Finally like others said, we overshot the woodrich resort and actually all cars were lined up just below the nandi hills access. Then mag told us we gotta go back to woodrich and after overhearing some colorful commentry between akshay, mag and keshav, we started to go back a few kms.

Man the access road we took to woodrich sucked, I scraped my car once real bad while following zonda and had to actually back up a bit and avoid the bump We then jumped on the hot idlis and wadas. Some peeps had bread (non-whole-wheat) and jam too. Most of us were of the opinion that we have lunch n then head to nandi hills, unless there was another access road. Fortunately there was one through a village and that was a good sight for the village kids, who I saw actually counting the cars. I am sure they have a much more accurate number than the 17 or 23 quoted above.

We then drove all the way up to nandi hills, stopped to get some four wheeler tickets and then drove into the fog. We were literally driving in the clouds, and I for one couldn't see a thing. Parked and then walked to the hill, and enjoyed the awesome sight. Our inhouse camera enthusiasts were clicking away and there were others talking about future drives and all thing cars/bikes. It was now 1230ish and we decided to have a group pic and start back down. ROC was leading for sometime, till we reached the ticket counter place and he got confused, I then took lead and we headed downhill. We were taking it easy and then ofcourse the torquey swifts passed us by, try as I may couldn't keep up with em. Once we reached all the way down, kept going straight and the road was awesome. We stopped somewhere when we realized we were way up ahead of everyone. Anurag got out and decided to take a video of all cars zoom by, only to see the swift in front of us and roc cedia + jag ikon stop behind us. We then realized, we weren't so far ahead of everyone, but we had missed the access road to woodrich. U-turned and went back in, hit the access road, suprised the village folks and got back to woodrich.

People were now looking for drinks and food. A few of us were pretty hungry (jag, akroy, matrix, anurag) and decided to have lunch asap. I must say the food arrangement was kinda better than yelagiri (better laid out in a bigger space). This was followed by a talk by akroy on his drives and fully loaded experiments on his alto. Jag, matrix, anurag911 and me then decided to play some table tennis. Played a few sets, where jag and matrix lost their cars to us and then won them back. Post this we hung around for sometime and then decided to head out. Informed mag, that we were leaving. Did get an invite from mclaren to join in cricket, which they had just started, but we were already decided to drive out, so said our byes and moved out.

The drive back was very nice most of the way, till we hit some traffic. Then we stopped at a roadside chai shop, bid adeau and drove on to brave the crazy bangy traffic. Jag and his friend drove off the other way and we decided to follow matrix via outer ring road. Finally we hit OMR and it was jammed real bad. I needed to drop anurag back at his place in koramanagla, however decided to just get off omr and back to my place near drdo. Caught some tv and played RFOM on the PS3, then stepped out at 830. We then had dinner at lazio and drove to koramangla, dropped anurag. Headed back home after a long day and started typing my report in.

Overall excellent drive and very well organized. The drive was nice and it was nice meeting old friends and making new.

Cheers,
j

PS - i am guessing anurag will be posting some pics.
Old 5th November 2007, 07:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear the various sides of the story, here comes mine during the return journey...

Here comes an incident:
Car (Optra LT) driven by Rudraji
Navigator seat: yours truely enjoying the nice comfort of Optra (I am sitting inside it or the first time)...
Back seat: Tadu, rejoicing the back seat comfort of the Optra...

We were cruising along on NH7, initially cursed those two big bumps on Devanahalli BP but after that the road was empty, car was pushed (My first experience of Torque), car was comfortably doing 140kmph on an empty stretch...

Suddenly (yes I mean it), we see a 50yr old daughter and her 70yr old mom decide to cross the road, mom was on a stick, we were on fast lane at 140+,

- Seeing this Rudraji removes his foot from the accelerator, car is now aound 125kmph (I guess?)
- they crossed the slow lane and abruptly the daughter stops to see that our car was cruising fast on the fast lane...
- This moment rudraji decides to pass and puts the throttle again
- That very moment, the old mom decides against her daughter and starts walking fast to cross the lane
- I start to shout with my hand in front, "Dont push, she will cross, she will cross"
- Rudraji brakes and brakes but the car was nearing the oldie very fast, my voice increasing and I was almost getting ready to receive the lady on my lap...
- Rudraji now slams the brakes full, wheel gets locked but skidding, further skid...now the lady is in the middle of the fast lane (our lane) probably a metre away
- We knew the car will not stop but thankfully the daughter in the middle lane, also decides to come to fast lane making the middle lane empty for us...
- Rudraji swayed left with the brakes jammed...removes the brakes, tyres were smoking...
- He calls of a smoke and we were like , how did she miss?

Above things happened in a second....
Maan, I love the Optra

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 5th November 2007 at 07:38.
Old 5th November 2007, 07:36   #27
BHPian

wow that is some incident!!

btw i did experience the torque of the black optra in the morning while on way and it pulled like crazy when i was next to it in my samtro
Old 5th November 2007, 07:44   #28

Awesome experience Guys This was my first meet , my ride's in Pune (Silver Santro..hopefully can get it next time.
Will be posting the pics and Videos later in the day

Cheers
Anurag
Old 5th November 2007, 07:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Folks thanks to all who made it. We had a wonderful turn out and I apologize for that 2kms of bad roads to Woodrich Enclave.

If I knew there was an alternate route from Nandi hills, I wouldn't have taken you chaps on that bad road.

Have loads of snaps and will post once am at office.
Old 5th November 2007, 08:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Folks thanks to all who made it. We had a wonderful turn out and I apologize for that 2kms of bad roads to Woodrich Enclave.

If I knew there was an alternate route from Nandi hills, I wouldn't have taken you chaps on that bad road.

Have loads of snaps and will post once am at office.
Thanks Riju and Mag for the arrangement, the food was indeed sumptous, I enjoyed everything and it was truely Value for money...

Eagerly waiting for the snaps...

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks