Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2007, 11:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
cheers: saturday afternoon.

Shall we have the meet some were in the ECR road, nice place to drive,

What you guyz say
It's got to be after 6.00 pm since most of us would be working till then. We can have the ECR meet some other time. We will meet at woodlands drive in (as usual) at 6.00 pm. SB, myself, bottle, slipstream, madan80, headers have confirmed. Next PoA to be decided there.
Old 17th December 2007, 17:23   #62
gump

It was great meeting you guyz at woodlands drive in.

Old 17th December 2007, 17:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Meet report (since no one else is doing the honours) :

Reached Woodlands drive-in at 6:20PM to see E_L, madan, gump + friend and slipstream already there. Bottle and friend (sorry, forgot your tbhp-handle) came in after some time.

Highlights of the meet :

1) gump's recent acquisition - a 2002 Esteem Limited Edition for 2.5L.
aditya, the car is an exact twin of your Esteem.

The exteriors looked awesome for a 5 year old - just like new. On the way to the meet, I think gump rear-ended a share-auto and ended up with a dent just above the left indicator.

2) It was raining Palios all over the drive-in restaurant. Apart from madan and bottle's Palios, we saw quite a few of them. Last meet, it was Civics all over the place.

3) And ofcourse the best part was seeing the export-model, dual-cab Tata TL 4x4, with raised suspension, winch, fogs, etc etc. Pity we did not have a camera handy. Looked awesome.

I think by around 8PM or so, everyone had left except me and E_L. Left my bike at Woodlands (planning to pick it up around 10PM or so) and we left for vikram's place, picking up booze and starters on the way. What was supposed to be a couple-of-hours thing, stretched till 1PM or so.

All 3 being hungry, we go to the Marrybrown at Ispahani centre. Rationale being that last time around, nitrous had managed to get the restaurant guys to put together some food for the crowd at similar time of the night.

But then, nitrous not being with us, the guys refused to budge. "Closed, saar", "see the ovens are all switched off and oil drained", etc etc. We then decide to check out Crescent at Nungambakkam, because I remembered madan mentioning on some thread that it is open quite late.

The shutter is half down, but that did not deter us. Inside quite some people are having food and we get a table. I ask the waiter, "What do you have ?". He replies, "Everything. What do you want ?". Hmmm. Impressive.

Hunger taken care of, we drop vikram at his place and then john drops me home, by which time it is 2AM.

Wake up next day and remember that bike is still at Woodlands and that I have to go get it. I just hope that the restaurant management has not reported the bike standing overnight to the cops, suspecting bombs or whatever. Anyway, when I go there at noon, bike is still there.
Old 17th December 2007, 19:50   #64
gump

One more thing to add from the meet was E_L had a great day selling off the BHP stickers to me and sliptream. and madan was crowned officially the Sticker Boy

Old 17th December 2007, 23:45   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting home to realise that you forgot your vehicle is a sure sign of a good night out!
Old 18th December 2007, 12:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

yeah..guys..next time hope to see all the unseen faces
Old 18th December 2007, 13:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
Getting home to realise that you forgot your vehicle is a sure sign of a good night out!
Well, we did remember the bike. But at 1:30AM, we were not sure they would open the gates for us (if at all someone was at the gate).

@Thad, how about dropping in for one of the chennai meets ?
Old 18th December 2007, 16:57   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, yes --- especially as I received a couple of welcoming PMs from Chennai members when I first joined.

I guess I'll be along soon. Probably not for a late-nighter, but a few chais with you guys at something like a Woodlands Drive In do would be nice.

(damn... nearly bought a house overlooking that place! Damn also because, although small it would probably now be worth 4* what they were asking then)

Most Viewed