Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

OK, here comes the meet report - if 5-6 guys meeting up can be called a meet.

Looks like punctuality does not seem to be a strong point with chennai tbhp-ians. So Saturday 4PM finds only me and madan80 at the Woodlands drive-in restaurant. Madan had for a change brought his Lancer and I had opted for my old CD100, instead of the Baleno. We spent the next 1 hour talking about the work done on his Lancer, his plans of getting a Mivec into it (when he is ready with the cash ie) etc etc.

At 5PM, we decide to split as no one else has turned up. Then we hear tyre-screech on Cathedral Road and something tells us, we should wait. And in drives nitrous. And yes, the screech was courtesy him - he overshot the entrance to the hotel and to avoid doing more than a km extra, he braked hard, reversed and got back to the entrance.

He is happy with his new set of tyres (Hankook?), which are soft compound, grippy etc etc. The only grouse being that wheel spins are no more a possibility (due to the grip). Anyway, soon manek and slipstream join us. Slipstream is just back from Delhi and feels that most of the drivers there have their brains at the wrong place, given the way they drive there.

And that almost all cars have dents / scratches etc there - even the Mercs, which is contrary to what we see in Chennai. So, a shout out to narayan to keep extra care of his OHC1.5.

Headers comes last on his Unicorn and by that time we have had a couple of cups of coffee. We decide to head out to a watering hole, but cannot decide on which joint. Madan wants to go to Harrison (he says its because of the food, but we know that its because his home is a stone's throw from there). Me, nitrous and headers would prefer to have a nice time at header's pad - manek and slipstream have other stuff planned, so they leave.

Anyway, we finally manage to convince madan (promise him great Chinese food - which we get home-delivered from Shogun) and get to header's pad. Nice place, cosy lighting, good music playing out of a car-stereo setup, a room full of car stuff (tyres, engine, LPG kid, ICE stuff, car seats etc etc). Out comes a J.Walker Black Label, which unfortunately had only 4 pegs left which me and headers down. nitrous and madan are teetotallers and so attack the chips, pepsi etc.

We move on to Bagpiper whisky, discuss off-roading, see pics of the last event on header's PC, discuss other car stuff. headers tells us about the
work being done on his Gypsy, but would not reveal what exactly he is doing. He wants us to wait till the car comes back. Its some body-mod for sure (nitrous is ready to bet that its a 2-cab). Anyway, looks like we will
have to wait till it is done to know the mod.

Time flies and around midnight, we decide to split. Was a nice meet and thanks vikram for having us over. Hope we did not mess up your place.

I have photos, but forgot the USB cable. Will try to post tomorrow.
Old 3rd December 2007, 16:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

damn damn i really wish i could have made it :(
Old 4th December 2007, 14:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Very good report, SB.
Now, pichars please!
Old 4th December 2007, 16:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

OK, here come the snaps. Some were taken in poor lighting with a normal P&S camera, so excuse the poor quality.

1) From L-R, it is nitrous, manek and madan. Don't remember what the joke was about, but I think it was about madan's friend who had the (mis)fortune of marrying his ex-girlfriend.

2) nitrous trying to clear slipstream's dilemna of whether to go for a Swift or Esteem (in Feb, when he plans to get a new car).

3) nitrous, headers(vikram) and manek at Woodlands drive-in.

4) everyone is all ears as nitrous is doing some serious talking. madan's Lancer seen in the picture.

5) The LPG kit and other car stuff in one room of vikram's flat. The guy has a whole auto-parts store at home. :-)

6) At vikram's place. Nice flat. Actually awesome place.

7) madan and nitrous tuck into the chinese fare from Shogun.

8) vikram and madan at the table.

9) vikram explaining a point to nitrous, while madan looks on. Not sure, but I think it was about his experience in UK while studying.

10) nitrous in listening-mode. :-)

11) going through the off-roading pics on the PC.

12) same as 11, but with time reaching midnight and BlackLabel+Bagpiper doing their job, all vikram seems to be looking forward is some rest/sleep. :-)

That's about it, guys.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 4th December 2007 at 16:36.
Old 4th December 2007, 17:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you guys had a good meet. Sorry i could not make it folks.
Old 4th December 2007, 17:50   #51
BHPian

Me and my bad luck. I missed this meet because of an emergency travel. :-(. Sorry folks..
Old 4th December 2007, 18:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

ok - the can is not drinks - but soup! and yeah - we was tucking in - cause the others were drinking!
Old 4th December 2007, 21:33   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80
ok - the can is not drinks - but soup!
Yeah, yeah, we all believe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan
Me and my bad luck. I missed this meet because of an emergency travel. :-(. Sorry folks..
No big deal. There will always be another one. Chennai meets are not planned long in advance like other cities - they happen at the drop of a hat. nitrous usually takes the trouble of informing everyone over SMS - so you would know of one if it happens.

We did expect john, bottle, ajo, aditya and other regulars to turn up. Anyway there is always a next time.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 4th December 2007 at 21:37.
Old 7th December 2007, 12:15   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
We did expect john, bottle, ajo, aditya and other regulars to turn up. Anyway there is always a next time.
Would have loved to make it biju but am in Pune on business. Will be back in 1-2 weeks. Lets meet up again then.cheers:

Glad you all had a blast.
Old 11th December 2007, 00:28   #55
gump

hope to meet you guyz soon

Old 14th December 2007, 16:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

Are we having a meet this Saturday/Sunday (15 or 16 Dec), guys ?

I think gump wants to treat us all on the occasion of his having got an Esteem.
Old 14th December 2007, 16:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

I am in for a joyride in gump's esteem. Can we have it Saturday evening ?
Old 14th December 2007, 17:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

I am OK with Saturday evening. But let us have a realistic start-time for the meet, instead of saying 4PM and then everyone coming in at 6PM and later.
Old 14th December 2007, 17:47   #59
gump

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I am OK with Saturday evening. But let us have a realistic start-time for the meet, instead of saying 4PM and then everyone coming in at 6PM and later.
guyz i have plans for saturday nite so plan little bit early, cheers:

what is the location ?

Old 14th December 2007, 17:50   #60
gump

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am in for a joyride in gump's esteem.
cheers: saturday afternoon.

Shall we have the meet some were in the ECR road, nice place to drive,

What you guyz say

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com