Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2008, 17:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Unless you want us all trooping into your house for chai and sandwiches, and yes a JAM session. So what's it gonna be?
Most welcome - however, sessions at my place would normally start post 7.30 pm & they would not be chai & sandwiches unfortunately

Last edited by suman : 29th February 2008 at 17:28.
Old 29th February 2008, 17:29   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Most welcome - however, sessions at my place would normally start post 7.30 pm & they would not be chai & sandwiches unfortunately
Trust me I wouldn't mind the other stuff too. As long as some of them are served on the rocks.

cheers:
Old 29th February 2008, 18:40   #93
BHPian

okay guys, since you are assembling, please tell me what are your planes after the drive, how long till you guys gonna hang on...

Frankly this drive thingy is tooo boring for me, its like going to work or a meeting..

I would be in Gurgaon tomorrow to meet a friend, so might catch up with you guys after your long drive to IMT Manesar is over..
Old 1st March 2008, 07:28   #94
BHPian

Well Guys,

Today is the D-Day.

Am gonna be headin out soon,

Hope to see you all there.

Ciao
Old 1st March 2008, 09:39   #95
Senior - BHPian

Where have all the flowers gone?

Quote:
Well Guys,

Today is the D-Day.

Am gonna be headin out soon,

Hope to see you all there.

Ciao
So where are you mate? GD's waiting for you & getting impatient now!

Shashank, well said, echoed my sentiments to a T........

Last edited by suman : 1st March 2008 at 09:42.
Old 1st March 2008, 11:11   #96
BHPian

sorry bhai log wont be able to make it but i am sure you all will have a goooood time.
cheeers
Old 1st March 2008, 11:31   #97
BHPian

btw...if any BHPian interested in some Caju Feni from Goa..I might visit Gurgaon this evening...so do let me know...
Old 1st March 2008, 18:20   #98
BHPian

Ok here's a quick report of the 'Meet'.

GD was already waiting for me from exact 9AM(dint know he was soo punctual), he actually called me up to find out where I was and sms'd me also. Apparently he was getting too bored of standing there giving directions for Sector-53.
After I reached there, I saw 'GD Bhai' standing like a 'Mafia boss'(acc to suman) with his Black Taurean Scorpio with 4x50Watt fog lamps on top. Since I was meeting with him for the first time , we like started off talking about various places to go for a drive in and around delhi. Then Suman called up and said 'bhai log, Narayan is gonna join you and that I too may join you guys, but that will be half an hour later' So Narayan appears in Light blue OHC with amazing Blak Alloys and Yokohama Tyres, with a standard K&N filter howling away. Before he could disembark, GD was already asking him to show off his K&N filter. All three of us stood there waiting for more people to come. Supposedly 'the delhi gang' was supposed to join us. Anyways, we parked our cars and we went for a smoke and nice chai. In the meantime, the 'lord of laziness' a.k.a suman decided to show up in his silver Dicor. So we all started talking shop. Suman called up Manish a.k.a metropolis, who said that he was unable to make it because apparently his car wasn't allowing him to - we soo believe him. Its ok Manish we believe you. And then we checked our watch and we saw that it was way past the waiting time, so we decided to head towards the DLF club, all four of us in a line in the following order: Dicor, Scorpio, 800 & the OHC. But i think the order changed just 500 m before the club: Dicor, 800, Scorpio, OHC (Howling away with its K&N). So we reached the club, and we realized that we were too early, as the bar had still not opened. So we sat at the cafe and had some 'Cold Coffee with Milk'. And we chatted about the various other meets that had taken place and the stuff that we could do with our cars. As the clock was striking 12, we headed for the bar, I think the people there were kinda shocked to see us 4 pouring in a line at that time of the day. They must have thought us MAD. But aren't all T-BHPians that? Anyways so we sat down and we started downing our drinks with some specially ordered masala nuts and then followed by GD Bhai's PLAIN chips. Narayan was a great company and so were suman and GD. I hate to admit this, but Suman saved the day. Had he not turned up, I think the 3 of us (GD, Narayan & Myself) we would have got barbecued, and at the end GD would have 'khalasofied' me by driving over me. Anyways, we sat at the club and talked about the history of motoring, and man it was soo interesting right from the Landmasters to the morrises to the hummers. we were then talking about our 'learning to drive' experiences. Seems we all had amazing learning experience. Anyways Narayan had to leave in the middle, coz he had some 'Home Work' to take care of. We missed you narayan for the rest of the part. So we stuck around till 3 there. It was good fun. Then we decided to have a meet on the 15th March in honor of shuvd, who is coming here. The plan is most probably to drive down to sultanpur and have a binge there. Sounds like fun. Am surely going for that.

Suman - dude you have to let us split that up and by the way wasn't your motive to come there was to give us the stickers? What happened? we dint get any stickers from you.

When we were walking out of the club, suman randomly decided to play the security guard role by not allowing an Innova take the wrong route. Dude, I think you are in the wrong Job profile.

Anyways Suman had to leave coz Jr. Suman had baked something for him. So he was damn happy to be going back. Wish we were invited too, atleast we could have had a JAM session.

After suman left, I checked out GD's mean machine. Man, you have to look inside the beauty to see how well kept she is. So many gauges and paraphelia. I was most impressed with the 6" LCD in the rear view mirror which acted as the LCD screen for the rear parking camera. Amazing resolution on it. Then he showed me his handsfree kit inside and the 'car sms tracker'. Man he has one well protected beauty. I guess bhabhiji must be really jealous.

GD - I hope you provide the same security for your wife.

I think the president of India would be honored to have such a secure vehicle. only thing that it lacks is the Bullet proof window, i think that also GD will put in some time. Hai na GD?

Anyways then, we both walked to Galleria and had south Indian lunch, where we talked about me getting tacho for my dear. We were trying to rason out the different kind of tachos that were available, so we called up Arush to find out which one was suitable for me, so Arush said that he would get back to us but he still hasn't. So we then debated why my car would need a 3 cyl tacho and not the ones generally used. Then we paid and GD sir agreed to show me a garage where I can get my darling well oiled and serviced. He also showed me a shop who makes really good Decals. On the way we met up with a fellow T-Bhpian - AG. So we had a chat there. We invite AG for the meet on the 15th too.

So after checking out the places, I left coz i had 'some stuff' to do. GD has made me promise not to open my mouth regarding the 'some stuff' in front of his wife coz otherwise he will chewed up by his wife.

So all in all, I wouldn't call it a burn out. We did have a lot of laughs and stuff. More or so because GD took the pain to explain to us the Hindu mythology in 'its various forms' including the scientific reason of 'Ashamedha.' Hmm for further reference about the reason, please contact GD. Hey GD, thnx for the gyan about it, I had no idea. Am soo happy that I don't live in the 'rajya' period.

So it was fun, I learnt A LOT of stuff, and had GREAT fun. Don't know about the reviews from others, but this being my 1st meet here, I wasn't disappointed.

Anyways a hoping for a larger turnout on the 15th, hope everybdy is able to make it, and i Hope that people don't have issues like 'No air in tyres', 'brak oil low' and stuff.

p.s. Sorry guys we don't have any pics, coz we were too busy laughing our heads off.
Old 1st March 2008, 18:24   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
sorry bhai log wont be able to make it but i am sure you all will have a goooood time.
cheeers
Aao thakur, aao, where the hell were you all these days! OK, keep yourself free on the 15th, more on that later!

OK, we had a really "mini" meet this morning - GD, punctual as usual was at the appointed place at 9 am sharp. Since there were a lot of pretty eye candy in that area (courtesy the BPOs), he really didn't mind being kept waiting for half an hour by Krazydriver!

Next to arrive was Narayan in his light blue OHC with K&N filter, sticker & wonderful exhaust note. Last to arrive was your truly, in true NCR style, an hour & a half behind schedule at 10.35 or so!! The rest of the die-hard members who had promised to be there fell short of their promises - heh-heh, tell me something new guys

After basking in the wonderful summer sun, we decided to head for cooler climes & regretfully called off the drive to Maneswar. We drove a long & torturous 4 Kms to the DLF City Club - after cooling off with some Iced Coffee, we climbed the steep & laborious steps to the Bar as soon as it opened. Boy, what a climb & what a relief thereafter!

For the next three & a half hours or so, we plunged into fairy tales of days gone by & cars gone by & the wonderful forum that we are all members of........Narayan had to leave a little early & GD didn't want to leave at all, so all in all, a great time was had by allcheers:. In the process, I forgot to hand out the stickers, which was the basic reason why I joined the meet.

Kaustav, thanks for the push without which it wouldn't have happened. Sorry guys, no pics, as we are all serious automotive buffs, not cameramen. Lol!

Another meet coming up soon, keep your eyes & ears open..........

EDIT: Sorry, just realized that KD was posting simultaneously, you guys will have to live through any duplicate info

Last edited by suman : 1st March 2008 at 18:27.
Old 1st March 2008, 18:30   #100
BHPian

Cool summary, suman.

you missed out on your acting as the security guard and your going away for Jr. Suman's bake.

Yeah! an amazing day. but you still forgot the stickers. SAD ! (Just kidding)

I guess GD bhai is still sitting and having his chai while he watches his beauty having a bath.
Old 1st March 2008, 18:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess GD bhai is still sitting and having his chai while he watches his beauty having a bath.
Are you referring to that black bikini clad Scorpio with that psychedelic headgear on the roof?

About the Innova, well, couldn't resist pushing a point home about a UP registration doing dadagiri in Haryana (GD will kill me for this!)....and my son would have been very disappointed if I'd missed out on what he'd baked so I had to rush though it was almost afternoon tea time by the time I got home!

Last edited by suman : 1st March 2008 at 18:48.
Old 1st March 2008, 20:08   #102
Senior - BHPian

And I spied Suman speeding away towards Paras Hospital road at 7 pm for his evening redezevous....with whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I had to rush though it was almost afternoon tea time by the time I got home!
Old 1st March 2008, 20:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Suman & Krazydriver summed it up very succintly. I took my beast for a wash and a bit of greasing after a fantastic morning and noon. In the process discovered that the shaft had been running dry. Finished the garage work by 6:45 and headed back home.

And Lucky, where had you been all these days. Suman was mentioning something about you being not in touch for a long time..
Old 1st March 2008, 20:24   #104
BHPian

[quote=krazydriver84;742357]Ok here's a quick report of the 'Meet'.

Suman called up Manish a.k.a metropolis, who said that he was unable to make it because apparently his car wasn't allowing him to - we soo believe him. Its ok Manish we believe you. And then we checked our watch and

Sorry guys could not make up infact my car broke down the moment wanted to spin her .....Just back from the service station leaving her for the treatment

GD bro what a word of reality i know that and want to take lessons from you for how to drive ur betterhalfcheers:
Krazydriver Nice to speak u dude hope we meet soon

Hey I'm really zapped that Suman (Suman called up Manish ) has so many distinctive features

i Hope that people don't have issues like 'No air in tyres', 'brak oil low' and stuff.

Yes bro this time no issues my devil would be spruced up by 15th

Guys great to know u all had a blast so lets get packed for the next meet see ya all there
Old 1st March 2008, 21:23   #105
Senior - BHPian

Oh what a flattering statement about me. My responses are in bold.

Quote:
Ok here's a quick report of the 'Meet'.

After I reached there, I saw 'GD Bhai' standing like a 'Mafia boss'(acc to suman) with his Black Taurean Scorpio with 4x50Watt fog lamps on top.

This description of mine almost bloats my chest to 40" with pride. I just had a look in the mirror at home. My side pose resembles a certain Don Corleone.

After suman left, I checked out GD's mean machine. Man, you have to look inside the beauty to see how well kept she is. So many gauges and paraphelia. I was most impressed with the 6" LCD in the rear view mirror which acted as the LCD screen for the rear parking camera. Amazing resolution on it. Then he showed me his handsfree kit inside and the 'car sms tracker'. Man he has one well protected beauty. I guess bhabhiji must be really jealous.

And pray why should 'bhabhiji' be jealous?

GD - I hope you provide the same security for your wife.

Incidentally my better/bitter half is a full blooded Rajput from Jodhpur. On the contrary I require security for my-self.

I think the president of India would be honored to have such a secure vehicle. only thing that it lacks is the Bullet proof window, i think that also GD will put in some time. Hai na GD?

I've heard that bullet-proofed vehicles get their engines overhauled every 6 months and drink fuel by gallons.

I'm currently engaged to the 65 year old spinster sister of the Emir of Dubai; at my young age I can get only such 'young virgin brides'. Wedding is due sometime this year. You all shall be invited as the personal gold liveried 747 of the Emir will be sent to fetch me. Once the wedding is over, then I 'll bullet proof my Scorpio, Safari and even my Royal Enfield Bullet.

Last edited by gd1418 : 1st March 2008 at 21:25.

Most Viewed