Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 16:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

JKdas gets Married

Hi all

Just created a thread so that the young men from Cochin and Trivandrum can post their version of this 'meet'.

The pictures and the meet report were held back on my request, and the wedding thread was locked similarly. The meet report is now being posted by me so that the others may post their report. This thread may be merged with the wedding invite if deemed fit.

Before I start:DISCLAIMER

All pics courtesy hydrashok and his Nokia E90.

JK had tied the knot and lost his ear stud (see left ear) by the time we got there His comment "Guess you guys got held up at the previous junction, huh?"

Team BHP is full of Rudra Clones.
Here's the latest addition to that lot, rippergeo a.k.a Dr. Lewis (Swift VDi/Verna CRDi) pointing his bazooka at the makeshift Toilet

Spent some time pulling JK's leg at the hall, threatening not to smile for the photographs ("we dont smile for Canon, bring on the Nikons!" to the bemused bunch of photographers), doing a Reclaim Drift in the Temple grounds (and scaring an old man in the process - sorry uncle!) and generally rushing a convoy of cars through the narrow streets of Cherthala.

Interestingly, the banner outside the venue said "Jyothi weds Surya" - since most of us were already 'loaded' by the time we got there we spent some time argueing whether this was indeed the venue since we didnt come to attend Surya's wedding.

Thereafter we embarked on Part II of business (Part 1 will be covered in detail by others), which is:

A nice little countryside Toddy Shop on the way to one of the beaches, authentic to the B-Grade Movie Poster on its walls!

The poster says "Age - 14" and the Paedophiles are mansidea and ram_hyundai.

And what does one do in a toddy shop?

Pour out the stuff

Eat Roasted Duck and Fried Beef (apologies if any sentiments are hurt, but we are like that only - I am veggie, though!)

Drink

And this is what happens after a while...

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th December 2007 at 16:04.
Old 30th December 2007, 16:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

that poster should have read - "vayasa 41 " !!

wish you a very happy married life jyothi and surya...!

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th December 2007 at 19:53.
Old 30th December 2007, 16:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
that poster should have read - "vayasa 41 " !!
There are too many mallus on this forum.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th December 2007 at 16:26.
Old 30th December 2007, 16:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

i am probably one of them - if 4 years + 1 year course lag in CET ( filled with watching such "40 plus movies " ) + around 2.5 years working in cochin counts !!!

ok - waiting for the wedding photos
Old 30th December 2007, 16:37   #5
BANNED

Oh my God! I had to miss this????
I think there are more to come. Please bring it on!
Old 30th December 2007, 16:50   #6
BHPian

Jk really missed buddy.Post more pictures.
Old 30th December 2007, 16:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

One more lost in marriage!

Wish you a very happy married life JK!
Old 30th December 2007, 19:22   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations JK! How was the plunge ?
Old 30th December 2007, 20:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ah! Warrey Wah!
Old 30th December 2007, 20:57   #10
BHPian

congrats jk
wish you good luck
Old 30th December 2007, 23:02   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Please tag the pics !! Would like to put some names to faces .
Old 30th December 2007, 23:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

Ah! Warrey Wah!

and this after just a small sip ?? must be a bomb that kallu.
Old 30th December 2007, 23:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

My report, Part 1

I got to the meetup-point (Hotel Karthiyayini) at 11.30PM. I saw ram_hyundai's Verna with the TeamBHP stickers from about a mile away. A red Swift DDIS was just behind the Verna and the decals on the sides told me that it was Suraj's (HERTZ, Audison and K&N decals). CrazyDriver's WagonR was nearby.

The first person I met was CrazyDriver. Right at the parking lot. Then I met Suraj, Ram_Hyundai & Suraj's friend. After some pleasantries I discovered that ram_hyundai was my senior back in school, and that his brother and I were classmates and close buddies.

rippergeo also came over soon, and we all had breakfast.

In between, Xinome called: he had just woken up (in Trivandrum, 240 kms away), and was all ripped up about not being to be there with us. He called a few minutes later and told me he was on the road, driving towards Cherthala. This was at about 12.00. Trivandrum to Cherthala is like 4 hours driving time, so he'd arrive only by about 4 anyway. He called me again in a few minutes and the following conversation ensued:

X: Hydra, I'm driving a bit fast now, so do this quick calculation for me.
Me: Huh?
X: I just woke up a few minutes ago and I'm driving -- I cant do calculations now.
Me: Huh? What calculation?
X: 1 liter gives 16 kms.
Me: HUH?
X: Listen, 1 liter gives 16 kms. I have about 500 kms to do. So how many liters do I need?
Me: Ok, that would be about 31 liters.
X: So how much?
Me: Whaaat?
X: How does 1 liter come to?
Me: Ok, about Rs.50.00
X: Ok, so how much money do I need?
Me: For 31 liters, that would be about Rs.1500/-
X: OK, I've got enough. Whew!

By this time, Mansidea and Steeroid arrived, having (just) recovered somewhat after three days and two nights of exxxxxxtended and "spirited" celebrations in honor of JK.

Once they arrived, we decided to not disappoint JK by not "celebrating" in advance of leaving for the wedding. The "Stage 1" mods were completed at Hotel Karthiyayini's Bar. Our esteemed tipplers topped-up the "essential fluids" and got the engines running smoothly. The topping-up took a little while and well, JK got married in our absence (shame on us!!!).

The well-oiled machines took off for the temple and the hall, and scared a bit of the local populace on the way. Steer and Ram drifted right into the parking area at the hall.

Last edited by hydrashok : 30th December 2007 at 23:26.
Old 30th December 2007, 23:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

My report, PART 2

We got to the mandap and congratulated JK. And drove the photogs crazy. Like Steer said, we insisted on being photographed with only Nikons, Canons be damned. After inflicting enough damage to JK's image (heh, heh what is left anyway) we suggested that he "drive safely", before we left.

After milling outside for a short while and taking a few snaps (rippergeo mostly, switching lenses like mad) we decided to leave. There was some fun about ram_hyundai and the toilet (I forget what it was about now).

The original plan was to go to Nettoor (Well-known "kallu-shaaapu" area). But this was changed soon. There was a nice beach nearby (I forget the name) and we decided to visit the beach first.

rippergeo had been to the beach sometime before, and had a general idea how to get there. Off we went. Suraj and his friend left back for TVM in between.

On the way to the beach we decided to take a pitstop at the Kallu Shappu we came across. That's where the "Stage 2" mods were done Steer has covered those.

We got the bad news about Robin there and we decided to call it a day.

Halfway between Ernakulam and Cherthala I got the call from Xinome (he'd been driving down, remember?). He was approaching Cherthala and wanted to know where we were. I told him we'd called it a day, but since he'd come that far, he should maybe come to Kochi and spend the night and leave back the next day.

Almost immediately after, I got a call from SupremeBaleno. He was visiting his wife's house in Kollam, and had driven down all the way to Cherthala from there to meet us. I pulled over and waited for Xinome. As soon as Xinome located me, we drove back to Cherthala to meet SupremeBaleno. We met up for a while and after a nice chat, Xinome and I left fo Kochi. It was nice meeting you, buddy!

I'd also got a call from MenonRajesh. He had said that he would meet us at Nettoor. He'd driven from Irinjalakuda to Nettoor to meet-up with us. But we never did make it to Nettoor. Sorry for the trouble, buddy! Hope you will be able to make it the next time we have a meet in Kochi.

Xinome and I got to KPhilip's place by about 9.00PM. I left back for home from there in a while. No amount of convincing Xinome to stay the night and leave in the morning would work. He left back from TVM late that night.

rippergeo and ram_hyundai have more snaps. Guys, please post them.

JK, please post the "official" snaps
Old 30th December 2007, 23:50   #15
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations JK !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks