Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 11:58   #151
BHPian

good idea Ram... Even i have only heard about cheriyazheekkal. but, how many kilometrs from thottapally is that place?
Old 31st January 2008, 15:21   #152
BHPian

ummm sounds like a plan .. pardon my ignorance about the geography .. what area would this be in?? trivandrum side is it?!
Old 31st January 2008, 15:39   #153
BANNED

By Trivandrum, do you mean South of Cochin? If yes, then You're correct.
If you mean next to Trivandrum, then prepare yourself to be the Bakra for the next meet.
Old 31st January 2008, 16:07   #154
Senior - BHPian

very wonderfull and peacefull place to be to drain down and chill.it will be almost west of kayamkulam.we can see kollam cost from there.
ram
Old 31st January 2008, 16:15   #155
BHPian

@ Zak .. dude .. dont know most places out here man .. these names are totally new to me .. kayamkulam .. i have some idea ..

@ Ram .. so from cochin .. whats the route going to be like?!
Old 31st January 2008, 20:33   #156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
@ Ram .. so from cochin .. whats the route going to be like?!
Take the NH 47 towards south - Trivandrum. About 2 hours driving from end of byepass - ie from Aroor. You will pass the places in this order - Alleppey, Ambalappuzha Junction, Purakkad and then comes the Thotappally spillway/bridge (about 9 KM from Ambalapuzha junction). Further on (err.. did not note the distance from the Thottapally bridge - may be 2 KM, may be 10 - aaaaaaargh!!! need to start maintaining logs!!) Kalpakavadi is a restaurant on west of the highway - the right hand side - if you are driving towards Trivandrum.

BTW, it seems there are 2 Kalpakavadis side by side - owned by brothers, it seems. That is what my driver told me the when I was there in Last week of December.
Old 1st February 2008, 00:21   #157
BHPian

Good lord !!.. From the last two days till the date of the next meet, i will be the most studious boy in block.(to convince my family to take out car,as my grandma, not that happy all the while, for me driving alone. Hehe. Folks are fine with the matter.) most probably, a yellow zen will join the convoy from ambalappuzha. Fingers crossed.
Inshallah.
Old 1st February 2008, 01:01   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Further on (err.. did not note the distance from the Thottapally bridge - may be 2 KM, may be 10 - aaaaaaargh!!! need to start maintaining logs!!) Kalpakavadi is a restaurant on west of the highway - the right hand side - if you are driving towards Trivandrum.
Kalpakavadi is immediately after the Thottapally Spillway. There was a BP Pump opposite Kalpakavadi, not sure if its still there. If you reach Harippad, you know you have to turn back.

Else just stop at the spillway and ask anyone where Kalpakavady is - it was quite a well known place during the old days. Bessssst kallu!
Old 1st February 2008, 07:34   #159
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
And you are in on it too (already)
In on what???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
That sweet little bird told me the reason too. Looking forward to it.
this little bird is going to get fried. what the hell is going on, and who is the little bird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
ehem, guess we will need to book rooms. And hope the auditorium has been booked too!
jk. i'll be in CBE tomorrow. call me if you need anything doing. and please tell me whats going on.this is extreme cruelty.

Old 1st February 2008, 07:36   #160
rippergeo

Eureka!!!!!
I got it. CBE it is. hope i can make it.
it took some time figuring this one out.(exactly 2 minutes, if you check the time elapsed between my consecutive posts)
this little bird is still going to get fried!!!!

BTW, I'm in for the feb 10th meet. kalpakavadi is a great place. been visiting that place for years. guess ram_hyundai is taking the lead on this one.

Last edited by rippergeo : 1st February 2008 at 07:41.

Old 1st February 2008, 08:28   #161
BHPian

This kalpakavadi is like at the side of a long straight stretch(errm...?) of road. So much unnoticable at nikkibike's speed..Hehe..Hope the "beer parlour" board will get into his notice. Yah, there is a BP petrol pump at the opposite side of it.
Ram leading the convoy? Then no need of route maps. He is a puli.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:09   #162
Senior - BHPian

ahem,no one will miss kalpakavadi unless he is blind ,so dont worry.i had given a rough idea on the timings ,so i feel all are comfy with that.i am trying for my automeched maybe or magnaflowed swift by that time.pray to god for that every one.
ram
Old 1st February 2008, 11:33   #163
BHPian

Praise the lord!! Praise the lord!! Let the holy father and his guardian angels bless you with an automechde or magnaflowed swift!! That too a golden one. Hehe..
Best of luck ram.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:51   #164
BHPian

Praise the lord!! Praise the lord!! Let the holy father and his guardian angels bless you with an automechde or magnaflowed swift!! That too a golden one. Hehe..
Best of luck ram.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:53   #165
rippergeo

mini meet on the 3rd anyone?

This is bad, my exam which was to be held this weekend, has been postponed to next week, the 10th.

On the bright side, I will now be able to attend my brother's wedding reception this sunday.

he had invited everyone when he attended the last TBHP meet, but I was hesitant to follow up because of my exam on the same day. now that the exam is out of the way,I will be there to receive you so, no issues.

Guys please consider this post as an open invitation.
Please try your best to make it to,

Kanoos convetion centre- chullickal,Fort cochin on sunday the 3rd february between 11.30 and 1500. it could turn into a lunch/mini meet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks