Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 19:07   #241
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Me too!
Will join you all at Wytefort @ 11am.

The merry drive is around Alleppey? Umm umm.... It starts from Thottappally and ends near Kayamkulam. We'll spend most of the time at some good beach on the way it seems.
I meant allepey district. are'nt thottapally and kayamkulam in allepey district ?
anyways, you get the picture. there are quite a few nice beaches in that stetch and ram should know them all.

so, updated convoy list

1.speedzak at 1100 hrs sharp
2.ashvin
3.govigov
4.rippergeo
5.hydra???
6.wischvanaudh from ambalapuzha onwards

is that all?? there should be more
redfire will join us from Tvm at kalpakavadi.
what about supreme baleno?

@redfire, will you please drag sankar along? and whoever else from the Tvm gang can spare time.

Last edited by rippergeo : 15th February 2008 at 19:10.

Old 15th February 2008, 19:18   #242
Senior - BHPian

crazy ,buckle upp-i bet you people will never expect a place like this near kayamkulam.i had gone there many times but a different route whiich we can follow while comming back.i had gone there before tsunami and after and god what a change in the terrain,wish you had a glimpse before tsunami,wonderfull option for photo shoots soo all cams digi slrs etc should be a must to carry option.bermudas shorts are also welcome as the final destiny is a dream place to plunge.hardly hip high water for almost half a km from beach.very safe and calm.good bio life as its a mixture of kayal and kadal.i have seen hermite crabs prawns etc walking on beach,100s of birds,array of house boats and all,
so its 2 days left hope its a wonderfull one rather than a usuall meet and drive.
ram
Old 15th February 2008, 21:43   #243
BHPian

Let me put it in a readable format!

Ram_Hyundai's post!

Crazy ,buckle up! - I bet you people will never expect a place like this near Kayamkulam. I had gone there many times but in a different route which we can follow while coming back. I had gone there before tsunami and after. God! What a change in the terrain, wish you had a glimpse before tsunami, wonderful option for photo shoots so all cams, digi SLRs etc should be a must carry.
Bermuda shorts are also welcome as the final destination is a dream place to plunge in. Hardly hip deep water for almost half a km from beach. Very safe and calm. Good bio life as its a mixture of kayal and kadal. I have seen hermite crabs, prawns etc.. while walking on the beach, 100s of birds, arrays of house boats and all.......

So, it's 2 days left! Hope it's a wonderful one rather than a usual meet and drive.
Ram.
(Corrected by the wierd bearded sinner!)

I have done the favours! Ram, you owe me a drink now.
And what is the meaning of 11:00 sharp???? 11pm, I suppose.

EDIT: It's Zak posting. Please don't hold me responsible.

Last edited by irfanmon : 15th February 2008 at 21:46.
Old 16th February 2008, 00:18   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
1.speedzak at 1100 hrs sharp
Aha.....so I suppose you do expect him to turn up by at least 8pm right??

P.S. I'm quite experienced with his timings so no worries!!
Old 16th February 2008, 07:04   #245
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanmon View Post
And what is the meaning of 11:00 sharp???? 11pm, I suppose.
1100hrs sharp can mean only one thing, 11.00AM! there is no ambiguity there. that time was put up for all people in general, just that mallumullah's name was heading the list.
If Mallumullah feels that the timing next to his name was a pointed reference to his talents....then that might be because of a guilty conscience. The mind can play plenty of tricks on one.

I have'nt had the chance to meet the cochin high priest yet. but certain other senior and distinguished BHPians have painted a picture.
See Below
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Aha.....so I suppose you do expect him to turn up by at least 8pm right??

P.S. I'm quite experienced with his timings so no worries!!
Guys, update the convoy list please, Dont make me call you one by one on sunday morning, (0530hrs is when my son wakes me up)

Old 16th February 2008, 09:14   #246
Senior - BHPian

BAD news. Family headed to tcr for a function that happens on tuesday. We are leaving sunday afternoon. Count me out of the convoy.

However, i will be there at wytefort to see you all leave.
Old 16th February 2008, 09:44   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
However, i will be there at wytefort to see you all leave.
I think I'm going to have to settle for just this too :( A lot of family responsibilities have fallen on me these days.

Are you guys having a session in Ernakulam in the evening (as in after 5.30PM)? I'd love to meet-up then.
Old 16th February 2008, 11:47   #248
BANNED

Aiyyo! :
That's 2 out even before the innings started.

We are going to drive, what may come. Right?
Old 16th February 2008, 14:07   #249
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

There is a 'motor strike' called for the 17th with a request to the private vehicle owners to cooperate by refraining from using their vehicles.
Old 16th February 2008, 14:36   #250
BHPian

You guys are more active than ever these days.Trivandrum meet after that cochin meet wow so cool.Enjoy guys
Old 16th February 2008, 14:43   #251
BHPian

Oh. Come on.. Not this time. What about putting a 'marriage' or 'press' paper in the windscreen? Or how about a 'team-bhp meet' sign? Lol.
Old 16th February 2008, 15:09   #252
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi folks,

There is a 'motor strike' called for the 17th with a request to the private vehicle owners to cooperate by refraining from using their vehicles.
do we still go ahead with plans? the thought of driving through allepey district when there is a strike called gives me the willies

Old 16th February 2008, 16:17   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
do we still go ahead with plans? the thought of driving through allepey district when there is a strike called gives me the willies
oh! so whatz the fate of this?!! Is it happening or not?!! Am eagerly awaiting for the info!!
Old 16th February 2008, 16:47   #254
BANNED

And just in case you decide to drive, make sure you tank up today - the fuel pump workers are joining tomorrow's strike.
Old 16th February 2008, 17:27   #255
BANNED

Oh my god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
We are going to drive, what may come. Right?
Hmmm........Now I'm thinking otherwise too!

I've done a quick search on the Tv channels and online local newspapers, nothing much reported about the strike. Can somebody please provide the latest info about this?

But! Come on! It's a sunday!! How can somebody strike on a sunday! :

My suggestion is to call off the drive in case of a strike happening. We can always plan for a drive later on. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited by speedzak : 16th February 2008 at 17:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks