Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2008, 10:08   #271
Senior - BHPian

So, the infamous 'kerala hartal' claimed as its victim what could have been a nice meet/drive through beautiful Alappuzha. Anyway, as everyone said, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Are you guys are going to do the same plan on 24th - kalpakavadi, drive thru kayankulam, thottapally etc ?

@ram, do put up the names of the places (or route) that you had in mind for the drive. Will try it out some time later. They sound very interesting from your description.

In the nineties, me and friends used to drive to Thottapally every few weeks for a few hours of fun on the beach + kappa & kakka/beef and some nice kallu. But did not know of the other good places in the vicinity.
Old 17th February 2008, 10:45   #272
Senior - BHPian

ok guys,
next week same time same places.supreme are you back.we will have a bigger meet and more number of people and rides .for all in tvm we will meet on 24th.i have a training on 22nd and 23rd.hope it will be in kerela and i can make it for the big one.
ram
Old 17th February 2008, 11:48   #273
BANNED

Let's do it!

To keep matters simple and less confusing, We can continue the discussion here:

Thanks!
Old 17th February 2008, 12:01   #274
Senior - BHPian

Mini Meet today (17-2-2008/Sunday) at Kochi

Venue: Vallarpadom (The usual meet area)
Time: 5.30PM
Confirmed so far:
1) rippergeo
2) govigov
3) speedzak
4) mansidea
5) hydrashok
Old 17th February 2008, 12:10   #275
BHPian

hey hydra .. is it the usual meet area by the jetty beside the bus stop at vallarpadom?!
Old 17th February 2008, 12:21   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
hey hydra .. is it the usual meet area by the jetty beside the bus stop at vallarpadom?!
Yep. The same place we usually meet.

If you're driving from the High-Court/Marine Drive towards the Vallarpadom Bridges, instead of turning left towards the first bridge (to Bolghatty), you go straight and get into the road (that was a dead-end earlier, but now goes towards Pachalam). Our meet area is just about 100 mts into the road, on the LHS, just before the first culvert/bridge on the road.
Old 17th February 2008, 14:29   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

Venue: Vallarpadom (The usual meet area)
Time: 5.30PM
Confirmed so far:
1) rippergeo
2) govigov
3) speedzak
4) mansidea
5) hydrashok
hmm... lemme check! Will try to meet you all by 6.30pm! cheers!
Old 17th February 2008, 15:00   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai
supreme are you back.
Am leaving today evening for Chennai after 6 days in Kerala. Am looking for tickets for next weekend, but cannot confirm now. Will keep checking the other thread that zak created for the meet of 24th.
Old 17th February 2008, 23:40   #279
Senior - BHPian

Short and sweet meet :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

RHS to LHS:

1) A S H V I N
2) rippergeo
3) nikkibike
4) speedzak
5) hydrashok
6) mansidea
7) mansidea's wife

Govigov met us at the Vallarpadom meet-area. We all talked engine-vengine for quite a while and then we left to check out the new cafe in Mohanlal's Hotel (Travancore Court). Nice place. Good (enough) food. Reasonable prices (for now).
Old 18th February 2008, 00:08   #280
BHPian

well it was a nice mini-meet .. like hyra said lots of car topics .. and other topics and a lotta laughs as well .. hope to see you all and more out there for the next meet .. rippergeo has taken some nice pics on his canon but since he doesnt have connectivity at the moment it will be a little while till we get to see them ..
Old 18th February 2008, 01:22   #281
BANNED

A small, mini, beautiful and fun meet this was.

I woke up by 4:45pm today and rushed to the meet venue after a quick shower. Hydra was ready to pick me up. We arrived at the venue to find Doc RipperGeo and A S H W I N already there.
The place was quite dusty than usual but we managed to catch a good sunset and nice mosquito bites. A S H W I N couldn't hide his crown from the blood greedy thingys.
After a while, Mansidea came in his Scorpio. Then came the rockstar of Cochin, Nikkibike with his infamous Swift just shod with brand new alloys and tires. Then Govigov arrived soon too.

It was time for some chit-chat and we did lot of that sometimes bursting out with SPL laughter. Special thanks to A S H W I N, man! Your jokes are one of a kind. And it comes at the right moment.
As the mosquitos were busy fascinating and making love with the one and only crown present, it was time we moved to some place where we could chow something while doing all the talking. We then proceeded to Travancore court as a convoy. Nothing fancy, but a very good place with ample parking. We settled down in one of the wooden sofas in The News Room! Good ambiance and good staff. The kitchen wasn't fully functional yet but still offered some interesting variety of quick bites.
I loved the coffee. Nikki made love to the prices. A S H W I N was busy with the sofa and managed to crack thru it!
RipperGeo had to leave early as he had some unexpected (?) guests at his home. We sat there till 9pm. Aha! arrived by then. We decided to leave after a while. We also got to see the Superstar arriving before we called it splits.

Guys! Thanks for a very beautiful evening. It was fun meeting you all after a while.

Last edited by speedzak : 18th February 2008 at 01:29. Reason: Some small corrections.
Old 18th February 2008, 06:54   #282
BHPian

It was a fun filled mini meet & a much needed break for me. Thanks to all who joined.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks