Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2008, 19:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

TBHP Innovative Film City Meet 26th Jan 08--Report and Pics

Hi Buddies !
This was my first Tbhp meet and it was awesome.

Though it was a very lukewarm response with only myself,PatchyBoy(Rajan),DragonLord(Sheridan) and Ravibhat out of which even i was also contemplating to skip due to some urgent office work,however I decided to work on sunday and meet the only few who were excited to meet. I should say that it was a gamble and I thought this meet of just 4 folks! how successful could it be? and then again as Sam Kapasi had stated in one of his posts to make a successful meet which states as
"4. Quality, not quantity

The number of people don't matter. Even 2 people can have a great and successful meet. Sometimes, just meeting a few people, sharing a few jokes and anecdotes will make it more successful and memorable than a gaggle of 50 team-BHPians.

Just to measure our happiness check the smiles on everyone's face

Ravibhat missed this pic as it was taken after our rather late lunch @Eagleton

More Pics to follow and also comments and posts from PatchyBoy,DragonLord and RaviBhat.

A very very special thanks to DragonLord for being the host @ Innovative Film City and a very special thanks to PatchyBoy for taking the initiative and for his quick witted jokes and also Ravibhat for making it to the meet .
Old 26th January 2008, 21:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to VJ_MAVRICK to start this thread and posting few pictures. To summarize all of us (4 BHPains and their family and my friend and his wife) parked our cars @Innovative Film City (IFC) at 10AM and even after seeing big buildings from car parking we were not sure about the place and its attraction but once we hit into it one word WOOW....! (my 3 years daughter shouted this with full of joy and excitment).

We visited Dino Park with scary big Animals, Ripley's Beleive or not, varities of collection Wax Museum (my daughter spotted Kannada idol Dr. RajKumar idol there) and then decided to make some fun with Electric Cars, Train ride, Water ride, up/down ride and finally F1 racing cars and enjoyed every bit.

Its ideal place for truely family trip with lot of fun and informative things there.

Since many things are under construction IFC don't have restaurants yet so we decided to have snacks in coeffe day and went into 4D cinemma hall to awasome creative 20 minutes movie.

Then its time to say bye and come out to head to lunch at Eagleton/Kaadumane and back home by 5PM.

Special thanks PatchBoy, dragonlord, vj_mavrick to organize the event. Hope to see you guys soon in next meet.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 26th January 2008 at 21:47.
Old 26th January 2008, 22:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics

@ the Entrance

On our way back on the NICE road

One of the video taken on the N70 while coming back on the NICE Road with DragonLord's Esteem and PatchyBoy's Palio ahead.
ImageShack - Hosting :: 26012008061wp6.flv
Old 27th January 2008, 08:55   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Mavrick, your car is one that will not go unrecognized. And considering that, a mini TBHP BLR meet can happen any time, any where ! Should flag you down one of these days ..

Rajan, what happened ? Thought you'd be through with the photo dowload & upload yesterday itself.

Guys, pls dont post full size images - goes beyond the screen. And after that it's not so much fun to scroll across to see the rest of the image.

@Mods, is is possible to resize the images ?
Old 27th January 2008, 09:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

some more clippings and pics from the meet yesterday. Please Excuse for the quality of the clippings for the sound quality.

On the NICE Road Corridor

Pic @ the Film City Entrance

aToyato autorick near the BTM signal stop

Old 27th January 2008, 09:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about the full sized images Condor and i will resize the same while posting other pics....

Mods:Excuse me for the full size images and from the next pics will try to resize them.

Thanks
Old 27th January 2008, 09:24   #7
BHPian

To summarise, fun people, good company, great conversation over some good food and overall a great time. Wahat was the best part was that everyone enjoyed right from kiddy, to better halves to all Tbhpians present. Ended the day Tbhpian style checking out each others cars
Old 27th January 2008, 09:24   #8
BHPian

Mavrick, Dragonlord and Ravibhat - Thanks guys for making the event a success and a thoroughly enjoyable one. Will post my log and pics later today from work. The speed with my datacard is pathetic and uploading pics is a pain.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 27th January 2008, 10:38   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
VJ_MAVRICK : i will resize the same while posting other pics....
There is a link/facility on Imageshack homepage (where you specify the file for upload) for resizing the images. Use this -this would be the easiest way for you to resize the images.

Old 27th January 2008, 13:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

looks like you had a fun meet
Old 27th January 2008, 14:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

@ Condor :yea would do that from next time onwards and i did know the resizing but somehow due to the enthu, missed that part.

@bottle: Yea, we had a healthy and fun loving meet and just did not know how the day passed by with the Film city tour hosted by DragonLord and then during our lunch, PatchyBoy was @ his best with some good and quick witted humour which certainly made our day
Old 27th January 2008, 23:50   #12
BHPian

I had promised my wife a day out on 26th Jan. She just wanted a break from being a housewife and attending to 3 kids day in and day out - the oldest kid being me.

As a typical male and a TeamBHPian, I thought of mooting the idea of a Team Meet on the 26th - two birds with one stone.

Went ahead and posted for a meet on the 26th Jan. Very lukewarm response, but nevertheless the meet turned out to be great.

Here is the log:
Started from Kumaraswamy Layout at 8.00 AM. Being a stickler for punctuality, I wanted to be at the IFC by 9.00 AM, the agreed time. Took Kankapura Road and then the NICE road to reach Mysore road. Hit 120 and asked my wife to guess the speed, without looking at the speedo and she said 80. So, I smile and tell her, we are actually doing 120. The best thing with this road is no nasty surprises, no wayward cattle, no potholes. When I finish my sentence, the road suddenly ends, where you need to take the ramp down to Mysore road. So, I brake real hard and stop the car, before we hit a looming pothole.
Before my wife can say anything, I beam at her and say, " See, now you know why I wanted the tyre upsize. The car never swerved, did it?". Wonder how she puts up with me.
Thanks to clear directions from DragonLord, we are at the gate of IFC by 8.45. I walked up to the security guard and enquired about the timings and parking facility. We were told that the place opens at 10.00 AM and we can park anywhere along the wall outside - means unprotected car, but also means no parking fee.
Since no one else had arrived and we had an hour to kill, we decided to explore the surrounds and drove for a couple of kms down the road to reach a bridge.

The water on either side looked stagnant and polluted, but hosted a huge population of swallows on one side and egrets on the other. Wonder who demarcated the boundries...
Managed to get a few good pictures of the birds.

After breakfast at a roadside shack - the breakfast was very tasty and very inexpensive too - reached back at IFC gates by 9.45 AM. Took out my camera and got a couple of shots of IFC, when the security guard informed me that photography was not allowed. Damn.

Soon after Mavrick(Vijay) arrived with his wife and brother and Ravi Bhat, with wife and daughter, his friend and his wife were also there. The only one yet to arrive was DragonLord(Sheridan). Called him up and he was on his way and should arrive in 15-20 mins. As it was getting too hot and Ravi's daughter was getting uncomfortable, we decided to start our tour, Sheridan would join us inside.
By the time we reached "Ripley's Believe It or Not" gallery, Sheridan was there too.
The IFC is still under construction and is open to public on a trial basis, but even the partially completed place was awesome. We visited the "Ripley's Believe It or Not", "Louis Tussad's Wax Muesuem" and "Dinosaur Park". It was amusing to see Ravi daughter think these huge animals were real.
From there we proceeded to the Cartoon world section for joy rides. On the Go-Karting tracks, the wives got to take the wheel on the electric cars. Then after a quick snack break, we headed to watch the 4D movie - runs for 20 minutes - at FunPlex. The effects were awesome. The seats vibrate to simulate tremors and when a fish dives into water, the water actually splashes on you. We also made a quick walk by the beach, albeit no water yet. The place is bound to be a huge crowd puller when complete. I am already planning the next trip - with my kids this time.
From there we drove down to Eagleton for Lunch.

Though Ravi also came over, he prefered to go to an all vegetarian restuarant for lunch. After a couple of photos, Ravi and his family left,

while we sat down to a sumptuous buffet Lunch.

There is a beautiful wooden sculpture of Lord Krishna at the reception of Eagleton. Vijay's wife and my wife pose besides Lord Krishna:

After lunch, we were ready to call it a day, but not before we had another photo session, with the cars this time.

Spent a while checking out each other's machines and drove back together all the way to where the NICE road joins Kanakpura Road - from where we headed in three different directions.
All in all - a great day out. I am very happy that my very First TeamBHP meet turned out to be a great success. Special thanks to Sheridan for playing host at IFC. Special thanks to Ravi Bhat for joining in. And a very special thanks to Vijay and family for putting up with my wisecracks.
Looking forward to more such meets in future.
Cheers,
Rajan
Old 28th January 2008, 03:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Great pics boss. Looks likeyou guys had fun. The food looks good too.
Its great to see that through this forum one meets so many like minded people resulting in sometimes what we call instant friendship. In the true sense of the word, Internet has bought the world closer. Hope you guys had a wonderful time. P.S. Loved the pics of the flowers and evn the close up. Looks like a lovely place to go for a picnic.
Old 28th January 2008, 07:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

@PatchyBoy : Rajan , the report and the pics are very nice and detailed and surely this first Tbhp meet is worth remembering. My folks @ home are already thinking for another meet soon . Once again great log and pics.
Old 28th January 2008, 22:03   #15
BHPian

Beautiful pics and wonderfully scripted log. Looking forward to the next meet and meeting all of you again, hopefully with more tbhpians joining us.

Will keep you guys posted the moment there are waves at our artificial beach.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks