Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 09:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Oh C'mon!
I can (very uncomfortably,of course)and If I can ,anyone can!
Dont say a-n-y-o-n-e can
Old 8th February 2008, 09:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Having one's posterior 2 inches off the ground is not a good idea in summer.
I agree and afterall this will be a family meet and not a college group meet of 20-21 yr oldies.

Abhi
Old 8th February 2008, 09:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

I actually liked the idea of Ravibhat, meet someplaces as he mentioned and have fun...or we can also think of interCity meets (with Chennai annas), I specially liked the Yelagiri meet, it was fun...
Something like Horseley Hills drive, where the chennai annas can also come down?

Abhi
Old 8th February 2008, 09:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys, 17th is fast approaching, lets decide fast. Let this be a mini meet.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:26   #35
BHPian

Guys,

Have to visit my mother in Chennai on 16th and 17th. I am in for 23rd or 24th. Or we can plan for March.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 8th February 2008, 12:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Why not just a regular karting meet?
This sounds alright.... but March would be preferable
Old 8th February 2008, 16:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Look guys, the simple thing with a drive to XYZgiri is that we spend 4 hours cooped up in our cars, not always driving ourselves. Then we may or may not meet people who we may or may not recognise or remember later, and there's always some confusion here and there. Then there will be the whole "Omigawd, the beer isn't cold" issue.

Some of us younger (and poorer) types would love to get our cars, but since we earn very little (or none), it is a little hard to spring for a drive to another state, and then a buffet lunch. Compare that to 200 bucks on karting, and another 200 on lunch. Is anyone seeing what I'm saying?

If the oldies are past karting, we can wait till that Innovative place opens up and do a regular meet there. The karters can kart, the rest can stand and watch, and drink beer.

And if Ajmat, at his ripe old age, and Steeroid and Psycho, not far behind, can go karting, what's stopping all you folk? Don't be shy, we won't lap you!

My humble suggestion is a big meet on the 9th of March.

Last edited by v1p3r : 8th February 2008 at 16:30.
Old 8th February 2008, 16:45   #38
Joz
BHPian

I am in for karting this weekend. Only if it does not clash with my Mickey's Magic Show plan.
Old 8th February 2008, 17:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Look guys, the simple thing with a drive to XYZgiri is that we spend 4 hours cooped up in our cars, not always driving ourselves. Then we may or may not meet people who we may or may not recognise or remember later, and there's always some confusion here and there. Then there will be the whole "Omigawd, the beer isn't cold" issue.

Some of us younger (and poorer) types would love to get our cars, but since we earn very little (or none), it is a little hard to spring for a drive to another state, and then a buffet lunch. Compare that to 200 bucks on karting, and another 200 on lunch. Is anyone seeing what I'm saying?

If the oldies are past karting, we can wait till that Innovative place opens up and do a regular meet there. The karters can kart, the rest can stand and watch, and drink beer.

And if Ajmat, at his ripe old age, and Steeroid and Psycho, not far behind, can go karting, what's stopping all you folk? Don't be shy, we won't lap you!

My humble suggestion is a big meet on the 9th of March.
x1 best plan karting.
Old 8th February 2008, 19:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

I am in for the Karting meet too. But 200 only gets you 6 laps at Grips(12 if you select the slowest kart), and they usually dont have more than 3 fast carts at a time.
Old 9th February 2008, 12:27   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Why not drive down to Bombay, watch speed run, meet up with the Bombay & Pune Bhpians as well? Some of us are going to be visiting Khandala as well. All are welcome to join the 3 Petefied Elantra's.

And those who can't afford getting their own cars may hitch a ride. You can't have the cake and eat it too. But I can assure you the meet will be whole lot of fun. So how many takers?

And those who just keep complaining about this not being right about a meet and that not being right, own up some responsibility, organize a meet yourself rather than complaining all the time.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th February 2008 at 12:42.
Old 9th February 2008, 13:47   #42
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone seeing what I'm saying?
I am... been long since we went Karting. More fun and more practical too ( on our pockets ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Why not drive down to Bombay, watch speed run, meet up with the Bombay & Pune Bhpians as well? Some of us are going to be visiting Khandala as well. All are welcome to join the 3 Petefied Elantra's.
Quote:
Some of us younger (and poorer) types..... since we earn very little (or none), it is a little hard...
Old 9th February 2008, 15:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Put your hands up. I'm in. When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
And those who just keep complaining about this not being right about a meet and that not being right, own up some responsibility, organize a meet yourself rather than complaining all the time.
Right said Fred. You're too... So, 9th March, Patel's Inn. Who's inn?
Old 9th February 2008, 16:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Right said Fred. You're too... So, 9th March, Patel's Inn. Who's inn?
keep it in feb still a long way for march.
Old 9th February 2008, 18:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In after march 9th .. Stupid exams

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks