Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2008, 11:46   #1
BANNED

This time, let's D R I V E ! ! (Again).

I am putting up a new thread here so that it is easy to plan and cause less confusion.

Guys!
Let me introduce all BHPians here to the proposed D R I V E ! !

As many of you know here, we had to cancel the drive we planned for this weekend. Special thanks to our harthal culture. Who can be more stupid than call a strike on a non working day???? Oh my gosh! We now have to replan the whole meet cum drive.

We can do it on this coming weekend, ie: 24th February 2008!
As posted earlier, the drive plans remain the same. We have to meet up for lunch (1:30pm) at Kalpakavadi Inn located on the banks of NH47 near Thottappalli. After a casual lunch, we head off to a relaxing, scenic and beautiful D R I V E ! ! from there to Kayamkulam via Pallana, Trikkunnappuzha etc....

It has been explained earlier too but let me go over it once again for all those who are unaware of this area. It is located very much on the shores of Arabian sea. God has taken all the effort to create this beautiful piece of earth.Couple a years ago, he devastated the same with a massive tsunami attack which took many lives and taught us to be careful with the nature. Now, the effects of tsunami is visible in many parts around here. But, thank god! The scenic beauty is yet maintained and this is one of the best place for an urban dweller to cool off!
Beaches are clean, unpolluted nor crowded. The sea is usually calm and offers not very deep waters till about half a kilometre from the shore. Those who wants to get wet, may try their hands provided they know the rules of water (swimming etc...)!

There are some small towns/villages on the route and we will be able to feast ourself on some good naadan seafood chaappaadu, and drinks. We can cool off at some beach till we are bored and then return to the highway and split off!

This place is almost the middle part Travancore and will be able to reach there from almost any part of Kerala within a few hours drive. It's about 1-1.5 hours from Cochin and 2-2.5 hours from Trivandrum. People from further places like Calicut etc.. can plan for a night stay in Cochin or so if wanted.

I am providing a small map for all those who don't understand directions by words. Please save the file to your computer and zoom in to understand the geography better!

If you have any further doubts, you are welcome to post here.

So????? What say?????? Let's ....... . . . . . . . . . D R I V E ! ! cheers:
Old 17th February 2008, 12:00   #2
BHPian

for sure bro .. I'm IN inshaAllah nothing comes up over the weekend
Old 17th February 2008, 12:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

ok an info which zak missed and i had missed it too in the other thread,returned can be a diff route where we have to take our rides from one bank to other via a jungar.you will enjoy it too.if not we can trace back the same route in case we had missed out something .
ram
Old 17th February 2008, 12:11   #4
BANNED

Ferry option (near Arattupuzha) while returning will be good. We can opt for it.
BTW, we do a ferry in most of the meets in Cochin.

Please take a note!
Try and make a convoy in your town and leave together. This will make the to and fro drive enjoyable too.
Old 17th February 2008, 12:16   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the map bro. But can u give an idea about the total kms to be covered ain the DRIVE alone??i mean.. from Kalpakavadi till the place we split off.
Old 17th February 2008, 14:51   #6
BHPian

hmm...wokay!

hmm.... he he..... kerala tbhp chettanmaarude vaalinu theepidicho!!!!

dudes, that jungar thingy will be more interesting!!! Am IN!

Ram, Find a good "kallushappu" somewhere on the way to beach were we can have good sea food as Zak said!

Btw, is there any problem if friends/family tugs up?!

anyways...cheers:
Old 17th February 2008, 15:19   #7
BHPian

Hi

Nice plan Zak. Wish I could join.
The place is wonderful. Thottapally itself is a treat.

You can take a deviation from thrikkunnapuzha on the way back and go to Thermal Power station as well.
Last time when i travelled the road from thottapally to Thrikunnapuzha was horrible. Hope they repaired it. But from Thrikunnapuzha to Nangiarkulangara is ok.
The road condition should not be deterrent while u enjoy the beautiful scenary.

Enjoy the D R I V E ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
Ram, Find a good "kallushappu" somewhere on the way to beach were we can have good sea food as Zak said!
What best place than the Kalpakavadi itself. They have huts where they sell toddy and karimeen pollichathu. yummyyy...cheers:
Old 17th February 2008, 15:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
As Dhar's just said - why bother looking for a kallushappu when you're going to Kalpakavadi, the original 5-Star kallushappu?

Kallu + Frogs Legs is the combo there, not karimeen pollichathu.
Old 17th February 2008, 16:54   #9
BHPian

ooh fried frog legs .. been ages!! cant wait!
Old 17th February 2008, 17:04   #10
BHPian

Zak thanx for the invitation buddy.Guys nice more n more nice place are coming.Cool.Please take nice pictures of everything.Arengilum adichu fittanegil aa pictures koodey.hehe

Last edited by jerish666 : 17th February 2008 at 17:06.
Old 17th February 2008, 18:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
As Dhar's just said - why bother looking for a kallushappu when you're going to Kalpakavadi, the original 5-Star kallushappu?

Kallu + Frogs Legs is the combo there, not karimeen pollichathu.
Sorry Steer.
I didnt knew that they had that combo there.
Frog legs are not my favourite either.
Old 17th February 2008, 19:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

ohh action all the way,zak its not the ferry from arattupuzha,its another one wherin we reach nh near kayamkulam,it doesnt mean which ferry but a ferry ride will be welcome.
vichu it will be nearly 100 kms to and fro .-almost
Old 17th February 2008, 21:03   #13
BHPian

Thanks bro..!! hey, take it this way.. if it wasnt for the strike n things, we would have been busy uploading pics in the thread. hehe.. anyways, guess everything happens for good. hallellujiah!!
peace.
Old 17th February 2008, 21:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

ok guys, i need a lift for the next week's meet.
Old 17th February 2008, 21:20   #15
BANNED

The last time I went thru there, the ferry service were a bit haywire and had to wait for about 2 hours.
If everything goes well, then we will choose the ferry.

KPchen and MaserQ have confirmed their presence. Who all planning to come from Trivandrum? KP will have to hitch hike otherwise. Somebody do the honours please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks