Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 12:00   #91
BHPian

Phew....amazing meet guys. Ram, thanks for taking the initiative & Zak again proved his presence inevitable. Between Whytefort & Kalpakavadi we made the joke of the day. "Nobody drives above 80kph". Nikki - i enjoyed tailing you.

The 11 car convoy was a treat for the onlookers in the village & the drive thru that tsunami hit roads was unexplainable. now let the story roll.... or are we missing hydra here?

Pics... i will post it before evening...
Old 25th February 2008, 12:38   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

OFF TOPIC!

> The karmeen curry was good. Didnt get much duck since Ashwin was sitting
> beside!

Basically I will survive anywhere with any cuisine! Unfortunately my wife and kid are very particular about the masala and taste, so both of them did not touch the Karimeen. It is my turn to finish it today.

What I ordered was 1 chicken masala, i chicken roast and 1 duck roast. I was billed for 2 chicken roasts and 1 duck roast. I thought okay. But when opened, I think 2 of them were duck roasts (can't be chicken) and the third one must have been a real special for me. It again was from a duck but it can be truthfully called as duck bone roast (it had different sizes and shapes of bone), some of them had a little flesh (must have been by mistake) which was solely consumed by me (no, I did not eat the bones, rather licked the masala off them. The bone part and the remaining masala was put in front of a stray cat in our house. I am sure even it was not keen on having it. No wonder, dogs like bones!
Old 25th February 2008, 12:47   #93
Senior - BHPian

Ill break the ice here.I was hopping some one would put up the first part starting from the whyte fort.So here is the second part.
trrk,jk das ,vichu and myself started off from alleppey to thotappally to arrange the base camp at kalpakavadi inn.vichu joined the trio from ambalappuzha.It was a small drive of approximately 15 mins from ambalapuzha.jk and trrk was on a sedate drive .Myself and vichu blasted off.I dint belive my eyes as i touched 155 kmph and still wanted to go more within a short span of time.Maybe due to the 3rd service which was done a few days ago had its own result.
We reached the base camp and after the short hai bai and talks on old expieriences with the kalpakavadi inn we recieved the much awaited call from KP ZEN,Jk and myself buckled up to recieve him from haripad KSRTC bus stand.We were there in 10 mnts and took him along with a full bottle vodka and a few KF beers.
We were back at the base camp and time was almost 12:45.We recieved the call from cochin guys that they have started and i started counting the time required for them to reach the base camp.The talk started hovering arround tyres and stuff and we were looking at the first downsizing happend on t-bhp.trrk was proud enough to show them and was explaining the advantages which he has come across regarding the same.We noticed a swift -FULLY LOADED ,and guess who is it.SUPREME BALENO at his best.we had a good time for 30 mnts and presto the gang arrives.
It was dust and a score of cars screeched in.so it was a collection of 13 cars in all.
I had ordered some seafood items well in advance so that we save some time on the serving side.

From here the photo shoot begins and rest of the story would be well said with the support of the pics.
ram
Old 25th February 2008, 12:56   #94
rippergeo

Old 25th February 2008, 13:06   #95
rippergeo

I got a call at 10.30AM on the morning of the drive. I had just returned from my wife's place(70km), then had gone another 80km trip around allepey district, and was rushing through a namesake shower to make myself fit for civilised company.

the phone showed a missed call from

nikkibike- Macha!!!!! where are you?
Me-I'm at home!,will be there in 15 minutes, I said, wondering how i was going to make it in time.

ran downstairs, half naked and dripping wet-Damn! more guests!!!
got rid off them quickly-2 minutes flat,being half naked and dripping wet (a male overweight by15kilos)has its advantages.

dragged my brother into the car, avoided eye contact with wifey and set off to whyte fort.

made it there in the promised 15minutes and scared my brother speechless in the process.

On the way- received another phone call- this number unrecognised, from ashvin-Dude!!! where are you?

Me-I'll be there in 10 mins, see you at whyte fort.

I needn't have bothered really, we didn't set off till much later, thanks to...?

My poor brother got the shock of his life when he saw his Prof from college, DrPullockaran sitting at whyte fort with the team BHPians.

I'm F****d he whispered! there goes my maintaining a low profile in orthodontics.

after intros all around and some reassurances from DrPullockaran, my bro and I settled down to TBHPian talk.

In the meantime nikkibike tried to poison me with a green concoction devised by zak, but I was too clever for him and passed it straight back to nikki..hehehehe..

To be continued

Old 25th February 2008, 13:18   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I needn't have bothered really, we didn't set off till much later, thanks to...?
Let me guess - long haired, bearded, "5 minutes, da!" owner of the venue?
Old 25th February 2008, 13:32   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yah the time keeper as usual was late by 3600sec.

I woke him up by 10am and he said they will start by 11am.
Old 25th February 2008, 13:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yah the time keeper as usual was late by 3600sec.
That's it?? You guys were lucky that he came after only making you wait for such a short time. Last year the usual waiting time was around 28800-36000 seconds!

Last edited by iraghava : 25th February 2008 at 13:50.
Old 25th February 2008, 14:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's it?? You guys were lucky that he came after only making you wait for such a short time. Last year the usual waiting time was around 28800-36000 seconds!
hey step up the gas buddie ripper,1st part is not complete .
i am holding my breath for the 3rd.
ram
Old 25th February 2008, 15:01   #100
BHPian

Here goes my pics... It starts from the 2nd part. I am sure MaserQ will be having the 1st part pics..

the convoy

Another view of the convoy

The Zens

The D R I V E thru the bach road was great & some enjoyed drifts too. No pics as i was enjoying my newly modified ICE. Somebody pls. fill the gap.
Line up at the Bay

Another view...

A S H W I N for you...
Old 25th February 2008, 15:11   #101
rippergeo

Part 2

Everyone present, we made a slightly disorganised start from whyte fort.
Zakkie waited to meet another BHPian, whom the rest of us missed.

Rules of the Drive
1.speeds to be limited to 80kmph
2.everyone was meant to maintain the same sequence as setting off.

rule 1 and 2 were broken in quick succesion by MaserQ(egged on by zakkie?) followed by nikkiebike in his friend's rocket powered diesel innova

then,
it was utter chaos.

by the time we reached the toll at aroor, we had spread out over a kilometer with myself, and DrPullockaran bringing up the rear.

DrPull was pushing the indica as hard as he could, but for reasons elaborated by him on another thread, he was'nt making much headway.

I had neglected to take his phone number and he didnt know the way, so I hung back and took the role of the drag for some time.

An Indicab was giving me trouble and since I couldnt accelerate away as I do normally and leave our own Indica with DrPull behind, I put up with the cab for sometime, till DrPull decided to play defense for me. that quickly solved the problem, and once the Indicab was out of the picture, we settled down to some decent speeds on the 4 lane.

a few words about mansidea's puny scorpio.
mansidea was supposed to be our drag,I think. It didnt quite work out that way.

He was on my tail most of the time, and even though its a friendly scorpio, having one of those filling all 3 RVMs while you're doing a 120kmph is not pleasant. so I let him pass, and took over that role.

there is a good reason the last person is called a drag, its because, It Is.

Being the drag is the worst job in a group drive and no wonder mansidea was in such a hurry. I swear, I'm not doing that job again. It is a DRAG

govigov,ashvin and mansidea were doing surprising speeds on the 4 lane and they disappeared down the horizon.

saw them stopped at some shady joint after the 4 lane had ended, me and DrPull whizzed by.

mansidea, me, ashvin and Drpull regrouped at the traffic signal on entering allepey, and drove through town and past the Medcollege Jn.

we passed zakkie and MaserQ who were stocking up on fuel and water. then I decided to enjoy the drive.

after that it was fun driving through traffic on the 2 lane.

I'd squeeze past traffic and slow dow and wait for everyone else where the traffic thinned, and there would be this nice orderly queue headed by mansidea most of the time, in my RVMs.

govigov and mansidea were setting landspeed records behind me. Drpull was behind them and ashvin was scaring the local populace with his FFE.

Pulled into kalpakavadi, recieved some disparaging remarks about my style of overtaking.

ram, jk supremebaleno and wis were already there to greet us.

BTW nikkibike was also there to greet us by time we got there, even though he had seen us off from whyte fort.

Note-having mansidea and his scorpio in your RVM is more relaxing than having nikkibike in your RVM in his swift, or even a cycle.

To be continued?????

Old 25th February 2008, 15:38   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Note-having mansidea and his scorpio in your RVM is more relaxing than having nikkibike in your RVM in his swift, or even a cycle.
huh!!!! you tooo Brutus??!!!!

Quote:
To be continued?????
yeah.....yeah..... why not! G8 writeup!

Last edited by nikkibike : 25th February 2008 at 15:41.
Old 25th February 2008, 15:40   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
huh!!!! you tooo Brutus??!!!!
I was speaking to some of the gang while you guys were driving around, and I believe this chap rivals you in bad overtaking manouvres, nikki. I didnt think that was possible, but please accept my condolences on losing your title.

Last edited by Steeroid : 25th February 2008 at 15:42.
Old 25th February 2008, 15:43   #104
BHPian

Contd. from post #100

Wischu coming to get his girlfriend (as if..)

Ram hyundai explaining how Tsunami happened..

Look who led the convoy to the bay..

Some more models for you...A S H W I N, Wishu & Govigov

A different angle of the line up.

and we had company too..may be another meet.

Jkdas says he has two while kpzen drives on

and steeroid thinks only dicor can do it? kpzen's answer...

to be continued....
Old 25th February 2008, 15:51   #105
BHPian

Quote:
I was speaking to some of the gang while you guys were driving around, and I believe this chap rivals you in bad overtaking manouvres, nikki. I didnt think that was possible, but please accept my condolences on losing your title.
hoooooo hooo!!!! thanks buddy!!!!! Am tooo happy! I don't want any such titles!!!! he he heeeee!!! Tooooooo humble guy dear!!!

Most Viewed