Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 22:17   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
brings out nikki's curves quite well
oh oh oh!!!!!!!!! steer.... now I understand what you were trying to convey!!!!

BTW, ripper.... great writeup!

Zaaaaaaaaaak...... where are the pics and reports of your bin?! Still dreaming bout it?!

cheers!
Old 25th February 2008, 22:34   #122
Senior - BHPian

Ram peeking

trrk peeking

Old 25th February 2008, 22:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

WHAT!

Is it just me or you all see it too?
Old 25th February 2008, 23:04   #124
BHPian

I came back home in one piece.

[quote=rippergeo;734882]Everyone present, we made a slightly disorganised start from whyte fort.
Zakkie waited to meet another BHPian, whom the rest of us missed.

Rules of the Drive
1.speeds to be limited to 80kmph
2.everyone was meant to maintain the same sequence as setting off.

rule 1 and 2 were broken in quick succesion by MaserQ(egged on by zakkie?) followed by nikkiebike in his friend's rocket powered diesel innova

then,
it was utter chaos.

by the time we reached the toll at aroor, we had spread out over a kilometer with myself, and DrPullockaran bringing up the rear.

DrPull was pushing the indica as hard as he could, but for reasons elaborated by him on another thread, he was'nt making much headway.

I had neglected to take his phone number and he didnt know the way, so I hung back and took the role of the drag for some time.

An Indicab was giving me trouble and since I couldnt accelerate away as I do normally and leave our own Indica with DrPull behind, I put up with the cab for sometime, till DrPull decided to play defense for me. that quickly solved the problem, and once the Indicab was out of the picture, we settled down to some decent speeds on the 4 lane.
[end quote]

The one and only Junkindica during the meet belonged to me; drpullockaran. I was astounded that the thing came back home in one piece. It consumed 300ml of oil for the trip of 244km. Other than that I got about 16km/liter of diesel. Unknown to the rest of the members I had the complete tool kit stashed in the dicky including instruments to open the head assembly and replace the timing belt if necessary( if shredded but not completely broken which would lead to bent valve stems). Enjoyed the trip thoroughly though and because of me other cars had to keep a sedate pace of about 90kmph. I felt like an unending speed breaker and thank rippergeo for showing me the way. Next time I will get the GTX and keep up with the rest without being a drag or safety valve.
Bye and wear your seat belts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 25th February 2008 at 23:06.
Old 25th February 2008, 23:08   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
The one and only Junkindica during the meet belonged to me; drpullockaran. I was astounded that the thing came back home in one piece.
If you were so sure that it wouldnt come back in one piece and you had another car at home that you seem to have complete faith in, why did you even bother bringing the Indica? Were you (and are you still) trying to prove something?

Sorry doc, but somehow this dont cut no more ice anymore.
Old 25th February 2008, 23:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Ever seen a 15inch vibrate?

Here is Ashvin's

Old 25th February 2008, 23:34   #127
Senior - BHPian

@jk, i see that too.. and shall we have a bet as too how long the mods will wait before they react?

@steer, never met you in person, but had a lot from nikki and mansidea, apparently you have quite a reputation for not allowing to overtake.
Old 25th February 2008, 23:53   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@jk, i see that too.. and shall we have a bet as too how long before they react?
you taking about the video ?

mods sleeping. I say 6hours, well?
Old 26th February 2008, 00:09   #129
BHPian

Yes trying to prove my point in court for the last 7 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Were you (and are you still) trying to prove something?

Sorry doc, but somehow this dont cut no more ice anymore.

To give each one of them a test drive and show the case files where the company claims the car is in perfect condition.
Nikibike saw the service record manual and was aghast at the number of times the engine was opened(9 in all) in 1 years time of a perfectly normal car as claimed by the company. I did not want people thinking that I was misleading them when I drove prospective customers away from TATA products. You too can have a look at the papers when you make it for the next meet though I would not be getting the Junkindica then as I plan to get the family to the next meet and would not trust a TATA product with them around. This time I was alone and ready for the worst.
Old 26th February 2008, 00:35   #130
BANNED

Another set of random pics!

As the story has been unveiled and more to be narrated, another round of random pictures are now coming in from my side.

The road was quiet clean and not very crowded. (unfortunately, the windscreen was blessed and not that so!).

On the way, we got to see some cars carrying this banner on their rear glasses. Later on, we got to see a small convoy of these cars and all were packed with some beautiful things in human form. Some talent hunt/beauty pageant???

More coming...............
Old 26th February 2008, 00:42   #131
BHPian

man dont forget to put that pic of the innova you guys saw at the hotel that night, shall render many speechless for sure ..
Old 26th February 2008, 03:06   #132
Senior - BHPian

this is what happened with nikki bhai in the front and a scorpio on the rear
Old 26th February 2008, 04:36   #133
BANNED

^^^ Nice one, Govi!
No wonder it picked up a puncture.
Old 26th February 2008, 04:54   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
[q Other than that I got about 16km/liter of diesel. Unknown to the rest of the members I had the complete tool kit stashed in the dicky including instruments to open the head assembly and replace the timing belt if necessary( if shredded but not completely broken which would lead to bent valve stems).
Doc, if you are so frustrated, why dont you just sell off the Indica and move on..enjoy life and lower your BP. Indica diesel has a pretty good resale value (esp if its white colour)
Old 26th February 2008, 07:57   #135
BHPian

Indian courts would not permit that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Doc, if you are so frustrated, why dont you just sell off the Indica and move on..enjoy life and lower your BP. Indica diesel has a pretty good resale value (esp if its white colour)
The day I get the consumer court verdict in my hands I would gladly sell it but not till then. On a positive note I already managed a small victory when I got the verdict from the district magistrate court in another case they filed against me to call my car whatever I wanted too and put a sticker to that effect on it. Junkindica is its name and I have support from the court too.
I might not sell it though as I use it as a battering ram for Cochin roads after I sold of my Premier Padmini though I admit the Premier was best at keeping all at bay except state transport buses. There is no frustration(though I use the smiley) or bp (presently at 110/75) as I intend to keep it for about 15 years and its only 8 years young. I believe I will get the supreme court verdict in another 7 years.

Most Viewed