Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 23:01   #46
rippergeo

Turbocharged OHC

today's meet was in honour of kutlee and his turbo charged OHC.
was pretty short notice, and we had a lot of dropouts.
but still fun as always.
nikki, kutlee, myself and ashvin were there.
did a few laps, ogled at Kutlee's turbo set up for sometime, then came home.
original plan was to make sure zak got on the plane allright, but I got there too late.

I think ashvin and nikkibike made sure the mad mullah was deported to the middle east.

highlight of the meet for me was injuring my neck while sitting in kutlee's car while he floored it. the acceleration is mindboggling. without even driving it, i could see and feel the torque steer on this car.

its my first time in a turboed petrol car, and my only frame of reference are the diesels I've been driving. this car felt like it would thrash the verna CRDI in a straight line.

What he had in this car(I think)

Greddy turbo, intercooler, turbo timer, tacho and shift light.
ractive air intake
emanage
automech exhaust

getting the details out of this guy is difficult. if it was me who had installed all this stuff in one of my cars, I'd be making more noise than the OHC's blowoff valve and the exhaust put together.
dont be shy kutlee! start a thread!

in true tuner tradition, his car is almost completely stock looking from the outside.

@kutlee- your car is brilliant, but....I'm staying with diesel buddy!
BTW, did you see me pass you at aluva? I swear I was'nt racing!

@ASHVIN- thanks for co ordinating.

@ people who missed it.....

Old 15th May 2008, 10:07   #47
BHPian

haaa.... everything said!! thanks macha rips!

@Kutlee, Thanks for joining us dude. It was nice meeting you at the right venue!! Mods on your OHC made my night disturbed with thoughts of a Tb-ed Swift!! hmm... still thinking!!
Anyways... do come again and join us all the time!!

Well... wherez "mail4ajo"???!!! Zak told me that this guy is in town and wanted to meet all of us. I told Asvin to speak to him and co-ordinate his presence in the meet.. All I know is Asvin was trying hard to speak to him even from our meet venue!! What happened dude??!! We were all expecting you/call!! Do let us know whether you are around today too.... will try to meetup for that reason hiyaaa!! What say guys??!!

So guys... lets plan another meet today if Ajo is interested...!! Ajo dude.... where are youuuuu??!!! Do call Ashvin and lets all meetup this eve!

cheers!
Old 15th May 2008, 13:57   #48
BANNED

I just couldn't join the guys as I had to make some unexpected arrangements at the airport for my grandmom. Once, I was inside the terminal, the buggers didn't allow me to come out for a peek! (But I think that's the way it should be).

Nice to see that you guys had a blast yesterday.

Thanks to all the efforts from everybody, I boarded a flight on time (a FIRST in my life??)!!!!!
Old 15th May 2008, 15:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Drat! missed this one! Guys, just a suggestion, when u plan meets on such short notice, pls try to make it somewhere in the city. Driving for 45 mins in this damn traffic is maddening. And even if we can somehow come at the last minute, the meet would be over by the time we get there!!
Old 15th May 2008, 16:27   #50
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Drat! missed this one! Guys, just a suggestion, when u plan meets on such short notice, pls try to make it somewhere in the city. Driving for 45 mins in this damn traffic is maddening. And even if we can somehow come at the last minute, the meet would be over by the time we get there!!
yeserdays meet was at the airport because I had suggested that we see off zak! even I hate the drive through rush hour traffic.
I think karting meets can be held past 2100hrs till late.

and nomally our meets are held in the city.

Old 15th May 2008, 16:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
original plan was to make sure zak got on the plane allright, but I got there too late.

I think ashvin and nikkibike made sure the mad mullah was deported to the middle east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Thanks to all the efforts from everybody, I boarded a flight on time (a FIRST in my life??)!!!!!

And I would like to confirm that the package has arrived safely at the intended destination.
Old 15th May 2008, 16:56   #52
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
And I would like to confirm that the package has arrived safely at the intended destination.
we cochin TBHPians dont take any chances do we?

@ steeroid- I was actually going to ask you to confirm receipt of the same. but you beat me to it.

Old 16th May 2008, 17:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys as smsed we can plan to meet on sat likely at 8 pm at the karting center.
lets count heads.
Ram_hyundai
A S H W I N
nikkie bikkie
Old 16th May 2008, 18:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Good going, Ram! Count me in too!
Old 16th May 2008, 22:35   #55
rippergeo

lets hold the meet next saturday i.e the 24th may
and lets hold it after 9.00 PM so that we dont have to contend with rush hour traffic.
this will also give us time to inform the new members

To all cochin BHPians who have been too shy to attend so far..guys, what are you waiting for?
put your name down on the list and PM me with your numbers so that I can contact you in case of last minute changes in plans

to the regulars, please PM and inform everyone. dont want anyone to miss out this time.

Old 16th May 2008, 22:53   #56
BHPian

Hi Guys.. didnt know Cochin had a Kart venue... how long is this gonna be there... I wont be able to make it to Cochin before the 30th of this month... Hope the karts would still be running then...

count me in for a meet anyday after the 30th May.
Old 16th May 2008, 22:59   #57
rippergeo

@basilmabraham
hopefully, the karting venue will become permanent. at the moment there are no plans of it shutting down.
just keep a close watch on this thread.
we kart atleast once a month, so will probably see you next month.

Old 16th May 2008, 23:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

sorry guys for not posting for such a long time, the net at home is still down. it should hopefully be up soon. count me in for the sat meet.

@all, the ikon is in not so great shape with the fan belt making a very ****ty noise like it is whinning.
Old 17th May 2008, 00:19   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@basilmabraham
hopefully, the karting venue will become permanent. at the moment there are no plans of it shutting down.
just keep a close watch on this thread.
we kart atleast once a month, so will probably see you next month.
Cool Geo... shud see you then...
Old 17th May 2008, 00:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

So it on for tomorrow??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks