Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Are you coming for the NCR meet on the 14th of March?
Yes, I'm going to be there, let me know where & when 23 62.16%
Nope, have other committments, can't make it 14 37.84%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 18:38   #46
BHPian

Yes , Suman you are right
Old 4th March 2008, 18:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
650 is a good rate - which one is Fad? Which side - the Anupam Sweets side or the opposite side?

Fad is on anupam's side... secondly, my friend has all the details which i'll get collected and post by tomm morning.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it next to China Garden by any chance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack_himanshu View Post
Yes , Suman you are right
OK, is it the one which keeps changing the name every now & then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Fad is on anupam's side... secondly, my friend has all the details which i'll get collected and post by tomm morning.
Will await your post tomorrow - I'm just a little wary if its the place that I'm referring to above. I hope you've been there on more than one occasion?
Old 4th March 2008, 21:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I hope you've been there on more than one occasion?
Ffad: I've been there a couple of times and its a decent place for that price. Just confirm which drinks they are offering you. Beer runs out very fast (the good ones, that is) among other things. Music is too loud for my liking, being a very small place. A lot of you might end up with sour throats as a result of shouting too much to make yourself heard.

Flames: Ok, and definitely cheapest of the lot.

Mystique: I didn't like it much though. Been there only once.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 4th March 2008 at 21:39.
Old 5th March 2008, 02:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Suman/KD - You guys have any details of where Shuv is staying & all that?? We need to factor that in too along with his pick up & drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
its never too late to start new things.
Hahahahahahahahaha ROFL

Quote:
Flames - GK2
Fad - GK2
Mystique Heights - NF Colony
We've had a couple of meets at Flames earlier & it's a good VFM place but the food is just about OK though. If we get a good deal, then that's the place to go to! I too have a contact there, so Ash you find out through your friend while I'll also check if we can get a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Mystique: I didn't like it much though. Been there only once.
Pretty ok place, nothing great. And for the price, I would go to Flames.

Also, once we have Shuv's details confirmed I'll send out the PM's to all the NCR members so then we can take a final call on how many are turning up & accordingly make the bookings. I would think that making the bookings before the 10th should be good enough.
Old 5th March 2008, 08:36   #51
BHPian

Way to go, Now this thread is rocking and rolling. WooHooo!

I think suman is in contact with shiv, so he'll be the best person to provide us with the details.

By the way guys, all this FAD, Flames and stuff, i have no idea where it is, so please do make a meet up point from where we all can go together or i'll be completely lost.
Old 5th March 2008, 09:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will await your post tomorrow - I'm just a little wary if its the place that I'm referring to above. I hope you've been there on more than one occasion?
So finally FAD Buffet Details are in hand

M-71,M-Block Market, Greater Kailash - 2

Date
15 Mar, 2008

Buffet - Food/Drinks

Main Course Dishes

-2 Non-Vegetarian
-2 Vegetarian
-Breads - Naan/Prantha

Starters/Snacks
-3 Vegetarian
-3 Non-Vegetarian

Drinks
Juices, Cold drinks
RC, Vodka, Bacardi, Beer

Rate-
FAD is comprised of two floors. On ground floor, its kinda plain restaurant with some music. On first floor, Live DJ and dance floor is available. As i haven't been to FAD for long, so others can input their experiences. However, we have got different rates for both the floors.
"650/- per head count for Ground Floor"
"900/- per head count for First Floor"

Minimum Head Counts
20 pacs

Rates are something which can be further negotiated, as these rates were picked by friend on phone from his contact which might be decreased once we'll finalize it after visiting the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
We've had a couple of meets at Flames earlier & it's a good VFM place but the food is just about OK though. If we get a good deal, then that's the place to go to! I too have a contact there, so Ash you find out through your friend while I'll also check if we can get a better deal.
iraghava, it will be better if you confirm the detailed buffet menu with your contact along with pricing.

Quote:
Also, once we have Shuv's details confirmed I'll send out the PM's to all the NCR members so then we can take a final call on how many are turning up & accordingly make the bookings. I would think that making the bookings before the 10th should be good enough.
That will be great !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
By the way guys, all this FAD, Flames and stuff, i have no idea where it is, so please do make a meet up point from where we all can go together or i'll be completely lost.
Don't worry buddy, you do not need to keep any idea. Just keep an idea of mine phone no. cheers:

Last edited by ashthedivx : 5th March 2008 at 09:57.
Old 5th March 2008, 10:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry buddy, you do not need to keep any idea. Just keep an idea of mine phone no.
That's great. Makes life so simple. PM me your no.

Amazing job done about the details for FAD. I think the 900 part will become a bit too steep, of course thats my personal opinion. I am game for whatever the mass consensus is.

cheers:
Old 5th March 2008, 10:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suman/KD - You guys have any details of where Shuv is staying & all that?? We need to factor that in too along with his pick up & drop.
Shuvd will be staying at either CP or Saket. Anyway, don't worry about that because he will be there, anywhere, any time. He's looking forward to a rollicking meet & getting there will be the least of his concerns......unless you are planning to pick him up & are "just 5 minutes away"

On a more serious note, try & see what best you can do for Flames - I would prefer going there if the rate is comparable. I think Ashish has got one hell of a deal though because 650 per head inclusive of dinner is like very very reasonable & that too with only a 20 headcount minimum guarantee
Old 5th March 2008, 10:11   #55
BHPian

Taking a look at the poll, I see that 12 have already confirmed. Yay !

We are on a roll, Looks like we are on our way to organise a Meg Mini Meet. Guess suman's target of the meet will soon be met, who knows we might just exceed it. and even if it doesnt, we still are enough to have fun there.

Can hardly wait for the 15th. cheers:
Old 5th March 2008, 10:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Don't worry mate, I can pick you up & then we can find our way to whatever place has been decided. Infact, if other gurgaon guys are willing, we can go collectiely, that way we can meet each other & minimize the possibilty of losing our way to the venue
Old 5th March 2008, 10:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Don't worry mate, I can pick you up & then we can find our way to whatever place has been decided. Infact, if other gurgaon guys are willing, we can go collectiely, that way we can meet each other & minimize the possibilty of losing our way to the venue
That will be nice, anyways very soon as the thread will grow our Team-bhp's own "Google 'GPS' Singh" will show up with his maps and route directions
Old 5th March 2008, 10:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
That's a good Brainwave.
Don't forget contributing to the environment by reducing fuel consumption. I like the idea.
I guess we all can meet at somebody's place in gurgaon, where we can park our cars, and then clamber on in One 'BIG' Car. That ways we can call it the 'Krazy Car,' coz we will all be crazy petrol heads in it.
Old 5th March 2008, 10:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi..

if the venue has not been decided - i would like to suggest something..

lets not make it a "drive to a restaurant or bar - sit and drink - drive out " kind of meet...

can we have a proper 1 hour drive to some place with "natural" scenic beauty, enjoy the drive, take some nice pics of our drives...

spend maybe 1-2 hours at the location , have booze - on the way back have food at some good dhaba - take some more snaps and drive back home...

can some one suggest some places like this ? -
based on what i heard, i can suggest

1) sultanpur bird santuary - somewhere hear hero honda chok - NH8 -apparently there is a good resort also on the way - i think pataudi's...
2) sohna sulfur springs ?
Old 5th March 2008, 11:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for being off the range. In a typical attack of Murphy's law, the broadband connection at home & office went kaput simultaneously. Hence didn't know of the activity boiling out here.

Wasn't there some squeak about driving to Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed