Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 15:07   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, that certainly seems a splendid party and fun time guys. Kiran, I met you in Goa 3 weeks back and you went back again so soon?. Your one lucky fella, is all i can say.

Keep the pictures coming, would love to see the sozzled pune tbhp folks.
Old 11th March 2008, 15:09   #47
BHPian

Looks like you guys were at Curlie's ....Am I right ?
Old 11th March 2008, 15:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

@swale84
the pictures look great and eagerly waiting for your reports. Looks like you guys had loads of fun. Keep them comming and if you could add tips as to where did you guys eat, drink etc that would be great as I am off to Goa on friday for about 9 days and this would be my first time.
Old 11th March 2008, 16:00   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Harjeev, check this article out, gives you a good insight about where to eat in Goa rediff.com: A review of Goa's popular eateries
Old 11th March 2008, 16:17   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
@swale84
the pictures look great and eagerly waiting for your reports. Looks like you guys had loads of fun. Keep them comming and if you could add tips as to where did you guys eat, drink etc that would be great as I am off to Goa on friday for about 9 days and this would be my first time.
These guys know where they had their first few drinks. That's all they remember.
Old 11th March 2008, 16:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, I think Day 2 after return is enough time to lay the stuff on the table. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's getting the feeling that what happened in Goa will remain in Goa !

And btw, is the title also the reason why pics are being skirted ? ;-)
I know it seems like a long time, but believe me, we're all at work barely coping with the 'culture shock' of being back. Lol. jokes apart,give us a day or two, the pictures are spread over 4 - 5 camera's and we guys haven't had a chance to meet up as yet and putt hem together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by major View Post
Major, we didn't get a chance to go to curlie's although we really wanted to. Somehow the walk down the cliff and from the parking(we were in cars) to the cliff seemed quite daunting whenever we thought about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
@swale84
Thanks Harjeev, credit for that set of pics goes to Gautam (Fatal3rror). I just put up the first part of the report.

Watch this space, we'll surely let you know where to eat and drink and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
These guys know where they had their first few drinks. That's all they remember.
LOL, thats the real reason its taking us so long to come up with a report. WE need to go through all the pics which we took to document our trip. Thats the only way!!

Cheers,
Suhail
Old 11th March 2008, 18:23   #52
BHPian

It was nice meeting all you guys in Goa (though for a short while)

-Ashvin-
Old 11th March 2008, 19:19   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by major View Post
Brittos, Zanzibar, Xaviers, Kamaki, Cocktails and Dreams, Infantaria, Blue Note Cafe, Tilve lunch home... No Curlie's

Last edited by vikram18 : 11th March 2008 at 19:20.
Old 12th March 2008, 00:41   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Brittos, Zanzibar, Xaviers, Kamaki, Cocktails and Dreams, Infantaria, Blue Note Cafe, Tilve lunch home... No Curlie's
And not to forget the horrible Bosco shack , shack at Ozran, Uncle's kitchen, that breakfast place from Saturday morning...
Old 12th March 2008, 00:42   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
O' Coqueiro for its famous chicken cafreal and other delicacies..and Uncles Kitchen for doing breakfast at 12 in the afternoon
Old 12th March 2008, 01:09   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
And not to forget the horrible Bosco shack ,
Oh ya how can we forget the horrible Bosco shack..Amey was damn angry.. well but in the end we celebrated swales birthday at Brittoscheers:
The fun part at Brittos was: me, Amey, Karl, Vikram and his friend had gone to collect the birthday cake and some fenny, and in that Vikram happened to meet the manager (i think) named Suresh and after having a brief chat Vikram signed off saying that everyone would be there the next day. Having said that ,we left only to come back at Brittos again to cut the cake and to have dinner and booze

Dhaval
Old 12th March 2008, 09:20   #57
BHPian

Brittos seem to be the most popular place in the town..when every other shack/restro is serving only 1 or 2 tables, these guys have house full..I guess its more to do with karaoke...
Old 12th March 2008, 09:54   #58
BHPian

Nah Britto's has been around for donkey's ages and serves really good food. Along with Anthony's they were the only shacks at that part of the beach. Anthony's is not the same any more. Rest of the shacks are there just to make a quick buck as it seems.
Old 12th March 2008, 10:09   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Nah Britto's has been around for donkey's ages and serves really good food. Along with Anthony's they were the only shacks at that part of the beach. Anthony's is not the same any more. Rest of the shacks are there just to make a quick buck as it seems.

I was there last months, didn't eat anything..just had a feni..but yeas it was crowded and every single of the table occupied, given that it has lot more tables than an average shack...

Also tried food of Blue Tao, Souza Lobo, Plantain leaf...
Old 12th March 2008, 17:02   #60
BHPian

Day1 - By Swale84

Hey guys!

Continuing with where Suhail stopped in our "bits and pieces" travelogue, this is the detailed (from what we could recollect) happenings of Day 1 (6th March) written out by swale84.

DAY 1, 6th March 08
5:30 am : Arrive at BP COCO Pump after the first toll
5:31 am : Locate pump attendant asleep in a corner
5:35 am : Successfully awake pump attendant from his slumber

What happens in goa stays in goa-img_2589-large.jpg

5:45 am : Both cars tanked up, Dhavlee has emptied his tanks for the second time in half an hour and we wait for Vikram & Deepak by the side of the road
5:55 am : The dark of night suddenly seems to be sliced apart by what seems to be unseasonal lightning. A second look reveals Vikram's Civic in all its glory with his three sets of HID's in action!

What happens in goa stays in goa-p3060098-large.jpg

Good mornings are said all around and we jump into the cars to get this show on the road!
6:00 am : We leave the pump and decide that our next scheduled stop will be at Karad for breakfast. We head out with Deepak driving the Civic and Gautam & me taking the wheels of our respective cars.
We made good time on this section of the highway as the sun was yet to rise, hence traffic hadn't yet picked up. Also, with Vikram leading the way, every time he would flash his headlamps, traffic would clear away almost instantly!! Still cant get over how it actually seemed as if they were flashes of lightning!
Also got a chance to really appreciate the perfect balance of handling and comfort that the Michelin PP2's on my car gave. Far better than the previous XM's that I had on my car.

8:30 am : Arrived at Karad for Breakfast which extended to almost an hour. From here we were to continue on the Pune - Bangalore stretch up to Nipani in Karnataka, from where we would turn off the highway and start our journey Eastwards, towards NH17, through some very scenic ghats and lovely winding roads.
9:20 am : Left from Karad, to quickly stop at Nipani where the more experienced drivers were to drive on the ghats. Kiran took the wheel of my car and Amey drove Gautam's.
The drive through this section was fabulous and everyone enjoyed the twisties, except for Karl, whose stomach didn't seem to agree to well with the breakfast. Never the less, fortunately for us his stomach settled down around an hour into the drive.

What happens in goa stays in goa-p3060043-large.jpg

Won't bore you with more text about the drive, will let the pictures do the talking here.
The funniest part of the drive was **** (name not disclosed on request of anonymity)asleep in the back, suddenly waking up at 10:30, asking Kiran to stop and ordering all of us out of the car, mumbling something about calling office. Turns out he was calling his boss to inform him that he wasn't well and wouldn't be coming in for a couple of days!! Hats of to you.
Finally reached Baga, Goa at around 1:30 and decided to satisfy our hunger and thirst pangs before looking for a place to stay.

What happens in goa stays in goa-img_2601-large.jpg

23 bottles of beer, one bottle of Feni, a couple of glasses of rum, a few glasses of vodka and a truckload of food later, we were ready to find a place to dump our stuff and hit the beach!!
The rest of the evening was spent at Ozran beach (a small secluded spot with only a handful of people), which required a climb down a steep slope. Unfortunately no one had the foresight to realise we would be climbing UP the same slope when we were ordering!!

What happens in goa stays in goa-p3060085-large.jpg

Next stop was dinner, so we decided to hit Baga beach, where one of the shacks, Xaviers had a Karaoke night on. Kiran seems to know the owner there (*COUGH *COUGH commission agent*), so we got a nice comfortable table right in the middle of all the action!

What happens in goa stays in goa-p3060099-large.jpg

The rest of the night went in by in a flurry of food drink & song.
The pictures should give a better idea, since I can't seem to come up with any particular details

What happens in goa stays in goa-img_2631-large.jpg

What happens in goa stays in goa-img_2632-large.jpg

What happens in goa stays in goa-img_2634-large.jpg

What happens in goa stays in goa-img_2635-large.jpg

enjoy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks