Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2008, 15:07   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
By the way, about beating the "Safari till Signature towers" were we even dragging? Tch, tch, tch, no way I would ever drag a 3 tonne behemoth with an 800. We practice safe sex on Team BHP, oops, safe driving is what I meant. LOL!
Suman bro, I really thank Heaven that you haven't started cornering 800's as GD is doing with jeeps ferrying milk. otherwise people will have to run for cover on the sight of Scorpio with big lights and horns & HR 26 no. Arctic silver 4X4 Safari
Old 16th March 2008, 16:47   #32

Hey guys there was awesome food, unlimited drinks, bunch of great guys, all in all a crazy time. It was my first time meeting everyone and was completely chilled out. Next time i will be on time otherwise guruji will give me some more finer points from his 1936 chambers dictionary. (ex es and sur plus)
Old 16th March 2008, 17:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bansal View Post
Hey guys there was awesome food, unlimited drinks, bunch of great guys, all in all a crazy time. It was my first time meeting everyone and was completely chilled out. Next time i will be on time otherwise guruji will give me some more finer points from his 1936 chambers dictionary. (ex es and sur plus)

..you already have bearings of a good student...it was 1932 edition...
Old 16th March 2008, 19:16   #34
BHPian

Had a great time

Hi Guys,

guess i am the last one to reply on this thread. I was hungover till today morning..(another party on Saturday night). But i must say, never expected the meet to be the way it turned out. Loads of fun. Was great meeting all of u, and had an amazing time. And will never forget the "Surplus and the Excess" funda given by GD bhai. Looking forward to the next meet.

Cheers

Nitin
Old 17th March 2008, 04:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys, finally got done with my travelling & reached home a couple of hours back. Pictures will be up on the thread tomorrow.
Old 17th March 2008, 11:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

No one was offended, including me. KD, why is this 'offending' business cropping up? Pankaj, you were a laugh riot man. Still break into bouts of laughter remembering 14th evening. And my staff, with every passing day is getting more convinced that their boss has lost his beans..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Also , I am really sorry if I offended someone. Specially I have to request GD Bhai to forgive me for having so much fun on his search or otherwise I have to run for covers whenever I see a Scorpio decked with big lights & horns.

See ya guys around.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Arre bhai logo. Where are the pics or dhoondte rahe jaaoge ???
Old 17th March 2008, 13:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

KD, how about MMSing me the Debbie ward(dis)robe malfunction at the LFW???

Quote:
KD, I hereby give you permission to PM all meet-members about the Wardrobe Malfunction that you video-taped at the LFW.

LOL, I said PM, else you may reach the 7 star status of being BANNED! And I don't want to be responsible for even another infraction!
Old 17th March 2008, 14:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

A few musings on the meet......

Well, a big thank you to Girish for getting us the awesome venue at an amazing price. For those of you who couldn't make it, we actually ended up at a venue that was way better than Visage - Morrison Cafe (on the 2nd floor) and that too, all by ourselves.

Unlike a lot of other places, the supply of starters was steady throughout (I don't know where KD was looking for the chilly potatoes that he mentions but they were very much there, on the bar counter) & the main courses & desserts were more than adequate.

Except for Panty12345, Speedonline, Elito11 & Ashishg2dec, all others on the confirmed & tentative lists landed up (even Vijit was there) which was quite a change I thought. The evening progressed quite well with good snacks, nice music, excellent liquid refreshments & a whole lot of chatter & banter & fairy tales. And pictures. And, of course, the theme!!

Shuvd was a very dignified chief guest throughout & not once did the colorful language & gestures manage to perturb him. Pankaj - what more can I say about him except that he's a really large hearted guy & he drives an Ikon 1.6 (old fond memories), got me a cake, wasn't that real nice of him! Anonymous did an "Ishan" on Lavkesh (Extreme_ Torque) and kept him waiting in front of the Ford showroom for a couple of hours (all because E_T told him he liked Ford!). Khaadu - our very own 7 starrer, was good to see you again. And a special vote of thanks to our brethren from Freedabad for driving all the way - Kp & Zucchero Ramaswamy - not often that we are graced with such VIP presence!

The liquor continued well past the deadline thanks to the gentle persuasions of Girish & Ishan; we were finally ushered out politely but firmly in the wee hours of the morning, a few pics were clicked for posterity in the Planet M quadrangle & then we left in various convoys towards various directions. Reached home around 2 am, LOL, what a party it was. As Ash & others have mentioned, what can be better than meeting up another 15-20 like minded guys on a Friday evening.

Thanks to all of you who took the trouble of coming for the meet - you made this a grand success. At one stage, with so many unconstructive suggestions flying around, we were wondering if the meet would happen. That's when a few of us took the discussions off-line & decided that, come what may, we were going ahead & having a successful meet. Thanks Girish, at that point, for getting the minimum guarantee lowered although we finally had quite a few more. Thanks Ashish & Ishan & Metropolis & everyone else for all the motivation & help including sending PMs & smses confirming that we were hitting our Friday numbers!

We intend to have another meet like this sometime in the second week of April, so watch this space!

PS: There was something that followed me almost all the way home till I turned off the expressway, I initially thought it was a fly but turned out that it was KD's white 800. Heh-heh, just kiddin mate but do be careful on that expressway at night - too many trucks spread across all the lanes.

Last edited by suman : 17th March 2008 at 15:06.
Old 17th March 2008, 15:19   #40
BHPian

Suman ji - Thats a great summary you got there. I couldn't make it to the meet due to some personal reasons BUT sure looks like you guys had SOME fun
Hope to join in next time!
Old 17th March 2008, 15:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Suman ji - Thats a great summary you got there. I couldn't make it to the meet due to some personal reasons BUT sure looks like you guys had SOME fun
Hope to join in next time!
Summary, vummary toh sab theek hai bhai log. Where are the pictures? The pics are the only source for us to be a part of this circus called Team-BHP, which by the way, is very very addictive.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:02   #42
BHPian

I have already thanked everybdy in my previous post about the meet, iT was awesome and fab.

@ GD & Suman, I think I'll forward the posts you guys put up about the video of the undressing at the LFW to your better halves, I think they wouldn't mind watching it with you. Would love to see this happen.

Hmm lets c I might just put it as a special screening for our next meet. yaay! the next meet is already on the cards.

Now that's what i call On a roll. Guess It actually paid off getting you guys out of bed on that saturday morning.

@ Ishan: Wher art thou? Please post the pics!
Old 17th March 2008, 17:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Of horns & such like............

OK, this may be a little OT but guys who attended the meet will be able to relate to this; below is the PM exchange between GD & Doc Abhijeet that I was telling you guys about. This is hilarious, enjoy!
(Reproduced in anticipation of GD & Dr Abhijeet's kind permission)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418
Suman shall surely get his cut for reccommending..

As far as 'big horns' are concerned, here in Gurgaon we get only of big cows and stud bulls. If you are looking for the horns of Bisons or Yaks or the African Bull Buffalo, then they need to be imported for which you need to possess a wildlife licence.

Now, if by 'big horns' you mean the audio kind that are fitted on 4 wheel & 2 wheel jalopies, then I would suggest you should go for the Stebel Nautilus. They come in single units and installing a pair gives the right kind of effect within the legal limits. You may like to contact Deepak Batra on +919810205470 with my reference.

BTW, 'swift' is a high altitude flying hunter bird...!!

Your name suggests and paints a picture of a serious kinda person and you may find my narration weird. But that's the way I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet
hi sir,
i was recommended to contact you by suman sir as i am moving to gurgaon from sikkim and i needed big horns ....ahhh for my car i meant.
i want really loud . can u recommend something and some1. personally i was thinking 2 nautiluses.
btw my car is a swift
regards
abhijeet
This was arising out of my below suggestion to the good doc
Quote:
Doc, sounds like you need to PM our august member GD1418 - he normally has an array of horns & blinding lights on his Black Scorpio, apart from Green Filters, GPS, Water bed , Coke dispenser etc. He would be able to guide you better on your purchases.

Last edited by suman : 17th March 2008 at 17:30.
Old 17th March 2008, 18:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Reading my own post made me laugh aloud..

Quote:
OK, this may be a little OT but guys who attended the meet will be able to relate to this; below is the PM exchange between GD & Doc Abhijeet that I was telling you guys about. This is hilarious, enjoy!

Old 17th March 2008, 23:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:

ROTFLMAO

@gdsir: I am another one in line to be a chela of yours. You are a riot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks